FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash Redirecting

candycakes
okay so i made a .swf animation, and i was wondering if anyone knew how to redirect it to an html page after the animation stopped playing? it would all be under one website. for example www.gotmilk. and the animation would be a cow drinking milk and after it finished playing the html would load up hahaha im sorry if im confusing anyone right now but i really want to know what the code is to redirect >.<

thanks to anyone who could help!
Qweertyy
Well it's possible to send links and stuff into a new window so I guess it wouldnät be impossible to make the link come in the active window instead, try messing around with the scripts and you'll probably find it out, I'm no real flash g33k.
otiscom
One way could be to add a meta refresh line in the head section of your intro page if you know the length of the swf.

Code:
<META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT="8; URL=page1.html">

The number in the code is in seconds and after the time has elapsed it redirects to page1 in this case.

Sme swf software progs will also alow you add some code to do it automaticaly.

_VMX_
Place this code in the LAST frame of the cow movie:

Code:
getURL("www.yourwebsitehere.com", "_self");

That means when the movie has reached its last frame, it will load the URL www.yourwebsitehere.com in the current ("_self") browser window (or tab, or whatever).

If you used "_blank" instead of "_self", it would load it in a new browser window/tab.

Hope this helps Wink