FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gmail?

gnas
I was wondering what do you ugys think about gmail. Also how do you get invites to give out. I got an account but i want to invite other people.
foggy
I have a gmail account and I use it pretty regularly. It seems to work well enough for me. To invite someone to gmail, look at the left hand side of your screen, near the bottom, and you should see a box labeled 'invite a friend.' Input their email in that box (you can even put your own if you want the raw link) and they will be sent an email with a (previously) coveted registration link and further instructions.

Hope this helps.
Elphaba
I tried gmail after Yahoo and Hotmail *both* screwed up my account. SO far Gmail is alright, the ads aren't invasive and it's nice not having to delete everything in order to stay within your quota.

Right now Im trying bgxmail.net as a secondary email account. Im impressed so far.

As for invites, we all get 'em after a few days. If you haven't got any on the left part of your screen, give it a few more days.
jaleung
I got tons of invitations, but no one to give them out
frozenhead
Gmail is fine.. so far.. i made it as my primary email account..

Regarding on how to send invites.. Gmail randomly give invites.. so just wait and be patient coz it will definitely come..

Other queries refer to this link http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html#faq Wink
silentpark
im using gmail too, well for such a long time Wink and i like it.
what to say why using gmai? i think that most of the hosters sell 'premium' accounts. Gmail (often) offers more then the premium accounts which u have to pay for.

and the invites its like Elphaba said give them a bit... they are coming... Wink

this other mail service is great maybe the interface is a bit to slow but the features are great Smile (i hope gmail will include some of the features (this and other mailservices offers).
Maka
Does the job for me Smile , always works and has a nice amount of space should I need to ultilise it. It's now my main email account next to my yahoo one from my isp.
MydNyte
I also use gmail as my primary account, i havent had no problems with it since ive been on..
Scott
GMail is great. Nice, simple layout, good searching feature, and more than enough space.
brqsl
Today i've set up my first gmail. Now i'm going to test it for few days, but at first sight it's preety good form me Smile
martichka
Yeah, gmail is really good, because you have like 2.3G of space ! With hotmail, when I send or i receive video / pictures, i need to put it on my computer and with gmail, it's really easy, I just let them stay on my account Very Happy

Ps. We should make a thing like PAYPAL DONATION and donate some gmail invites, for those want one and cant have it...
Zythrix
Gmail rocks. Forget Hotmail and Yahoo and all those. It's all about Gmail.
snowboardalliance
I like Gmail. Never have to throw anything away and the labels are great to organize your mail. I have like 50 invites btw.
hofer
I have a Gmail Account and it is very usefull, there are a lot of advantagens like 2gb free space, it is fast and free; the only disadvantage is that i can't use it on outlook, only in the browser.
silentpark
hmm u can use gmail in outlook, too...

what u need to do is activate pop in the settings...

or just read here:
Outlook Express and Outlook 2002
Outlook 2003
Boles Roor
Meh, I hate Outlook.. Yay for Firefox and it's Gmail Notifier. I'm a Gmail user. Not that I get alot of emails Razz
hong
I have some gmail invite left. Anyone needed can contact via email or my website. Smile
anime
gmail are fine for me Smile
nilsmo
In related news, the isnoop.net gmail invite spooler ( http://isnoop.net/gmail ) has been shut down by google.

Well, G-Mail is great because there is nothing wrong with it and it has so much space!
Kd527
I love GMail! It's the best I've used. You get over 2GB of space plus it's fast, search based, and I love how it threads conversations!

I just hope they don't ever charge for it, or if they do, then I hope that people with accounts get to keep them free of charge.
nilsmo
I highly doubt that Google will start charging for their services. They don't need to and if they did nobody (nnnnoooobbbbooooooodddddddyyyyyy) would use G-Mail.
Kd527
I think you're right about them not charging, but I wouldn't be so sure about nobody using it. It's pretty darn good.
nilsmo
There are tons of other services (hotmail, yahoo mail, ISP mail) that have close to the same amount/quality of features as G-Mail and people would go to if faced with a price tag for G-Mail. I think Yahoo Mail gives you 250MB of space with a good interface.
anime
gmail are the best Cool
Alienz
Kd527 wrote:
I love GMail! It's the best I've used. You get over 2GB of space plus it's fast, search based, and I love how it threads conversations!

I just hope they don't ever charge for it, or if they do, then I hope that people with accounts get to keep them free of charge.

Agreed. Beside the space they provide, it's fast, nice user interface and I just like the conversations thingy Wink
windval
yes
i think Gmail is very useful and it has a lot of language to choose
nilsmo
Yahoo Mail has 1GB of storage (fairly close to G-Mail's amount), and is available in many languages.
Quote:
Europe : Danmark - Deutschland - Espaa - France - Greece - Italia - Norge - Polska - Sverige - Trkiye - UK - Ireland
Pacific Rim: Australia/NZ - China - Hong Kong - India - Indonesia - Japan - Korea - Malaysia - Philippines - Singapore - Thailand - Taiwan - Việt Nam
Americas: Argentina - Brasil - Canada - Mexico - in Chinese - en Espaol - in Russian
(Source: mail.yahoo.com)

I like G-Mail better, so I'm being devil's advocate here! Razz
the666bbq
if they keep their word at do not delete all the content in a year or so..
nilsmo
Who would not keep their word? I don't know what you mean. I'm sure Yahoo and Google are pretty reliable companies. Razz
nicolechristine
I used it after yahoo and hotmail not being reliable. I love it...I really like how it shows the emails in threads. And the unlimited amount of space. I have about 50 invites...anyone want some gmail?
cavalkaf
Gmail..... great for e-mail and storage!!!!!!
Morters
Yeah, Gmail is really grate..
This my 1st email..

You also get an Anti-Spam Service
Slammer
gmail has to be the best ever, always increasing inbox size now. Also when you've got all that free space that you will never use, you can use it for file hosting, using the gmaillib library or something like that. and you can put downloads on your site using it, and ive pulled like 2000kb/sec speeds off of it before through my 2mb connection.

Everything google does it just amazing.
noliver
Slammer wrote:
gmail has to be the best ever, always increasing inbox size now. Also when you've got all that free space that you will never use, you can use it for file hosting, using the gmaillib library or something like that. and you can put downloads on your site using it, and ive pulled like 2000kb/sec speeds off of it before through my 2mb connection.

Everything google does it just amazing.

Wowsers - 2000kb ? I have never seen that kind of speed, Highest I have ever seen was a 30k transfer and that was on a 512mb ADSL which is considered "superior high tech" here in africa.

Sigh, in the mean time I will just have to be happy with my 5kb transferspeed dial-up I guess. Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of a big mailbox - if a person sends you a 1meg attachment - it takes 15mins to download ! Smile

Cheers,
Nick.
Maka
2mb is only 240kbs download speed what you on about?.
Slammer
Maka wrote:
2mb is only 240kbs download speed what you on about?.

im as baffled as you are. My ISP is messed up, they say its a 2mb connection, and on most downloads from good fast servers it will average around 200kb/sec. But, on google, it seems to just pull it off like nothing on earth, ive had it happen before on some other sites. I can also have several downloads running all at around 200kb/s each. I aint complaining Smile
snowboardalliance
I like GMail better than yahoo because of labels. it makes searching and sorting so much easier
progma
I got an Link for a GMail Registration:

http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-dd869ad4b3-38fd684115-b055b11907

The first one will get it Very Happy
remik09
in my opinion gmail is one of the best mail Very Happy 2GB space to mail and files Smile which mail have better ofer ?? and gmail is for free
Lossless
I too use G-mail, and i think that it is Better than even POP3 accounts. (Then again, it gives you that for free to!). The lay-out is great, and it has great response. It is sometimes hard to belive that it is Web-based!

Oh, and i have about 250 invites, if anyone wants any, just send me a PM.
fly737
I want to have gmail
My email admin@163.com
ionide
gmail is the best. It is constantly increasing the amount of storage you have, and it is simple and easy to use. It is by far my favorite email provider, and I suggest all of you that haven't all ready look into it. Wink
krazeek
I use gmail also and it is pretty cool, but my internet service is Yahoo! so I get 2 gigs of space for my Yahoo! account also. I get over 50+ spam a day with my yahoo account and I like to use my gmail account for webdesign reasons.
mark
Yeah, Gmail's not bad. I like it Smile
techcheetah
Visit http://isnoop.net/gmail

For Instant Gmail Invites...
Gamer4u
well, i have over 50 invites left on multiple accounts so if you want one just pm me
dvir130
Slowhand
Yes, I think Gmail is a nice stable google service. I use it for my spam, but it also a very fast emailclient. Maybe in the future I will also use it for my 'private' things. But first I stay with hotmail. Wink
jeuxinfos
Take Xasamail: http://www.xasamail.com !gig free !!!
gonzo
nilsmo wrote:
In related news, the isnoop.net gmail invite spooler ( http://isnoop.net/gmail ) has been shut down by google.

Well, G-Mail is great because there is nothing wrong with it and it has so much space!

bust! that was useful for creating accounts for uhh other purposes not tied to my accounts
silentpark
@gonzo (and everybody else): there 'enough' invite spoolers left, and people who give them away left...

jeuxinfos wrote:
Take Xasamail: http://www.xasamail.com !gig free !!!

now u have to tell me how to register there... i cant find a form and no faq either...
gonzo
I have created several accounts solely for the purpose of generating invites for myself. It's fairly easy to keep the farm alive.

Cool

http://www.xasamail.com/cgi-bin/signup.cgi

but it tosses an error right now
silentpark
i realy like to try new services but how if they don't leave one..
(damn http://www.xasamail.com/ Laughing )
well hmm then how to get one? so thair problem if they dont want me.. Twisted Evil
ganz
gmail is the best
Bookface
silentpark, I PM'd you an invite.

If anybody else wants, let me know.
kingy
i had one .and i also want to know that how to invite others...
LostOverThere
GMAIL is great.

As someone said, to invite someone, log into your account and on the left hand side there is a little box that says 'INVITE'
Googs
I think that G-Mail is the most wonderful *free* mailing services in the entire world.
BrettL
if you need an invite, just IM me by AIM, or email me at everyaa@gmail.com
Googs
Same here. I got like 50.
Bruce
I have 50+ invite left.
If your want one,please PM me and leave your email address.
assaultdk
GMail is the best! If you need it, go get it at www.isnoop.net... find the gmail invite spooler.. :) Really smart!
You can send to it too, so people who need it can get it!
Cmon, you know you want to! :D
myaelectro
I can send invitations too, if you want one please sendme PM and e-mail

regards

monica
drivewedge
Hi,

I am wanting to open an account on gmail, and
looking for someone who can send an invitation to me.

Thanks in advance.
Blazole
ill send you an invitation. whats you e-mail address. ill send you and invitation then
dude
So far I like Gmail. I like the amount of space it gives you... with AOL it only allows you to send 15 MB which is a pain when you have a long distance relationship. 15MB isnt even enough for 20 pictures but with gmail I dont have a problem.

Also if anyone needs a gmail invite I have about 200 just PM with your email address and ill be sure to send one.
Sluff
gmail is the best source for emails,i have unlimited invites which is pretty cool,i also had yahoo and hotmail berfore gmail and them totally suck compared to gmail Laughing
martichka
hello!

ohhh. forget about the gmail invitations donations...
I didn't know the www.isnoop.net web site Laughing

It's a really good idea like web site !

Ciao!
Tommy.
gVeR
I can give gmail invites,i have 50+ invites,Anyone wants it?
MeleceNi
There're lots of way to get invite,such as:

Get Gmail accounts without an invite
Graye sez: "These days, GMail invitations are ubiquitous, and people like me are starting to get annoyed with people offering to give away invites. Well, some folks over at Isnoop.net have went and designed an automatic GMail invite spooler.
"People with available invites send them to the spooler's address (gmail@isnoop.net), and it automatically adds them to an available pool. People who need addresses can then get invites from this pool, as necessary.

"It's a good place to dump those excess invites, and anybody who needs a GMail invite can pick one up there, easily. Saves time for everybody, really."

Or:

A good way to know if somebody is a looser... check those poor soul who bid on Gmail invite on eBay. Ask any of your friend, Gmail release thousand invites each day! I created a recycle bin for those who don't know what to do with their spare invites. And if you don't have one yet... try to get one for free.

And so on
Spyder
I have 50 invites left also, I guess that's the maximum number of invites u can have at a time. Probably no one would ask me for an invite since many of you had posted that you can give one already. But if any of you want one from me, just email or pm me right away, and u will get the invite u always wanted to get. I dont use gmail that much tho, although its good, but i got to used to hotmail...
tidruG
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2014&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=72

-locked-