FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Johnny Depp

artistniche
He is my favorite Starrrr. I think he is much more than a hearthrob teen idol though, he is a deep and talented actor who chooses all of the hardest roles and redefines a character with wit and charm
gh0stface
Johnny Depp is probably one of my most favorite actor. He's a really versatile actor and tends to keep low key.

Not sure about teen heart throb though. Although I do like girls... so I'll leave the ladies to judge
icekachu
I hope I don't sound gay by saying this but Johnny Depp is damn cool plus the fact that he is HOT! If I'm a girl, I wouldnt be able to resist his eyes.

Plus, he's very versatile in the roles he play. Most of his movies are a must-watch.
jeremoi
I think he is a talented actor but I find it creepy that teenage girls, that are young/old enough to be his kids.
Rank-1
he and al pacino are my favorite actors Cool
Bosleee
i agree he's a brilliant actor. the different type of charactors he's played and he's played them so well

cant wait for pirates of the carrabian 2 and 3
ladyrobina
My favourite Johnny Depp movie was made a long time ago in 1993 when he was relatively unknown and fairly new to acting. He was just brilliant in What's eating Gilbert Grape, a bizarre name for a movie I must say. It also featured a very young Leonardo diCaprio {also an unknown at the time], who plays his mentally retarded younger brother. in what I consider to be his best performance ever. Look out for this movie in the video shop.
ryanh2006
I could not agree more with you guys. I think that he is a great actor. The thing that I like the most about him is the way he takes his time to select a movie. He really seems like the kind of guy who wholeheartedly needs to agree with the script before he commits himself, because every performance of his has been powerful. This has led to some great films, and a situation where you don't really know what genre he'll be in next. Whether its Captain Jack Sparrow, Willy Wonka, or Mort Rainey in Secret Window his acting has been incredibly diverse and engaging. Its great how diverse this guy is. He can go from serious, to creepy to just plain hilarious in only a matter of years. Its great that he is not the type of actor that sticks to one genre and churns out one similar movie after another. I bet that I am not alone when I say that I can't wait for Pirates OTC 2. I just watched the trailer for it and I was blown away. I thought that there was no way that a sequel could beat the first one but it looks like its going to be even better then it! Finally, I just wanted to say that I love the man's sense of style. I am straight (although I don't have a problem with gays) but I just love his clothes. He dresses so cool! So here's to the hip and talented Johnny Depp, to his films and to us fans! Very Happy Very Happy
zplitstonez
good day to everyone. Johnny Depp is quite famous now a days. because of how he acts on his movies....The best movie that i've seen that johnny Depp is the main characters is Pirates of the Caribean....

I like the way he moves and speak to the soldiers and to his fellow pirates....hehehehehhe..lol...

Watch out for the next movie of Johnny Depp...

GOD bless and more power..
HDirtwater
Johnny Depp along with Gary Oldman are the two most underrated actors in Hollywood today. Both are very talented and have some stunning performances to their credit (Donnie Broscoe for Depp and Immortal Beloved for Oldman). Unfortunately, they are both so outspoken against Hollywood and rub so many people the wrong way, they will never get the credit they deserve.
dexterius
He is absotulety amazing. Great actor, i saw nearly all his films. His character is always very complicated. Especialy DEAD MAN & PIRATES OF CARRIBEAN were great Very Happy
areacode_777
Johnny Depp i didnt really like him till the Pirates of the Carribean...now i am totally hooked. AAAAGGGGHH

i had an argument with my friend, she prefers Orlando Bloom to Johnny Depp...What do you think?
hErockZ
i like johnny depp, cause he is very funny..
his best film was pirates of the carriebean!
Ljsk
I liked him in fear and loathing. He was also very good in Once upon a time in mexico. I don't think Johnny Depp has made a bad movie though.
Whong
So Johnny Depp, many of you like him.

Well so do I, he doesn't come under the category "My favourite star", but I still like him.
mrblah
Ljsk wrote:
I liked him in fear and loathing. He was also very good in Once upon a time in mexico. I don't think Johnny Depp has made a bad movie though.

What about Edward Scisorhands? I didn't care for that one but maybe it was more with the directing and story.
nikogiant
is jonny depp at the pirates of the caribian 2?
kcw1304
Johnny Depp is definitely one of my favorite actors-- I loved him in pirates of the carribean! aarrrh matey Wink
Dean_The_Great
One of the things that makes Johnny Depp so well liked is his ability to chose diverse roles and also to stay out of the public eye. His private life is private, and although some would hate him for it, the majority of the public (myself included) respect his choice to remain out of the limelight.

As for Pirates being his greatest film, I would have to wholeheartledly disagree. It's a great movie, and Depp's performance is incredible. But there have been so many other films where I think his performance has been nothing but unbelieveable. His performance in Edward Scissorhands, is particularly notable as at this point he was a relative newcomer to the screen. Also, his performances in Secret Window, Benny and Joon, and Ninth Gate are all brilliant in their simplicity and sincerity.

I also believe that Johnny Depp is amazing due to the fact that others in his field also know how good he is. He is considered the best film actor since Marlon Brando, and I would say (at the risk of contraversy) that Johnny Depp is in fact superior to Brando in many ways.
spidieladie
i agree that johnny depp is amazing. to me, he is like the male version of angelina jolie. both are incredible actors, tattooed and smoking, and are looked at for their aesthetic beauty, and yet are oh-so-talented.
shinnoyami
I totally agree with Dean_the_great! Depp was actually in a movie with Brando once; Don Juan. but i'm sure you knew that Wink
My favorite of his movies though, are Edward Scissorhands and Benny and Joon... I like most of his movies anyways.
Guyon
Jonny Depp is the COOLEST ACTOR EVER Exclamation ! Exclamation ! Exclamation ! He has talent and Pirates of the Caribean is one of my FAVORITE movies! I can't wait till Pirates of the Caribean two comes out! I will be in line to see it.......
This is how BIG he is in my school......

Every kid in my class wants to see the movie.....

Every girl in my class dreams of him being their boyfriend.....

One of my friend's dreams is to meat Him and not faint.........

Yeah, Johnny Depp is BIG alright!

Rachel

Yeah go Johnny Depp
shinnoyami
Guyon wrote:
Jonny Depp is the COOLEST ACTOR EVER Exclamation ! Exclamation ! Exclamation ! He has talent and Pirates of the Caribean is one of my FAVORITE movies! I can't wait till Pirates of the Caribean two comes out! I will be in line to see it.......
This is how BIG he is in my school......

Every kid in my class wants to see the movie.....

Every girl in my class dreams of him being their boyfriend.....

One of my friend's dreams is to meat Him and not faint.........

Yeah, Johnny Depp is BIG alright!

Rachel

Yeah go Johnny Depp

eww... just the thought of some highschool kid being with a 42 YEAR-OLD is a little disturbing. no matter how hot he is.
morthos
Johnny Depp is one of my most favorite actor.
earthchild
I like most of his movies and remember seeing him in a movie called something fish in Arizona...

Does anybody know what I am talking about? This came out about 10 years ago... (I'd like to see it again.)
shinnoyami
earthchild wrote:
I like most of his movies and remember seeing him in a movie called something fish in Arizona...

Does anybody know what I am talking about? This came out about 10 years ago... (I'd like to see it again.)

do you mean arizona dream? here's some info on it.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106307/
[/url]
fkmax
Ya Johnny Depp is the fine actor and i like his acting skills. he also quite uniqe
and since i first show in in Edward Scissorhands i liked him. But he is been at his best in the last few years where he has done movies such as Chalie and a Chocolate Factory and the Pirates of the Caribbean. he is really a awesom actor its always enjoy to watch his movies.......
felisleo
icekachu wrote:
I hope I don't sound gay by saying this but Johnny Depp is damn cool plus the fact that he is HOT! If I'm a girl, I wouldnt be able to resist his eyes.

dude i m sorry but that sounds very gay Laughing Laughing
oais
Any one of you depp fans remember the movie 'Nick of time'?
Another one of his great performances, a great storyline complimented by his prowess.
Another great depp flick is 'Sleepy Hollow' a classic story, his acting in this movie was awsome!
In 'Charlie and the choclate factory' It took me a while to realise that it was Johnny Depp!
pennymellow
I remember my first "teen idol" crush. It was on Taylor Hanson. I was absolutely obsessed with that boy. I covered my books with his pictures and brought all of the albums. I read fanfiction--hey, I wrote fanfiction!--and imagined being his girlfriend.

I'm 21 now and Taylor Hanson is a distant memory. Johnny Depp is now on the pedistal. It's odd; you get to a certain age and you feel like you'll never have a silly little girl crush again. Johnny Depp gives me tingles in my most intimate of places. I heart him so much.

Trent Reznor is also a big one for me. When I saw him live last year I actually burst in to tears.

But back to Johnny. Not only is he insanely attractive, but he's ridiculously talented. My mum commented on the fact the other day. She said that he really plays the character (Jack Sparrow in this instance); you can tell when he's being himself and when he's being his character. It's a really brilliant thing to see.

Amy Anne wrote a song about Johnny Depp. You can listen to it on her MySpace. It's really quite cute and, um, kinda sums up my silly obsession.
sonicj
The first time I remember seeing Johnny Depp was in the tv series 21 jump street.....thought he was really cool. Evidently this is not the first time i had seen him. I did a search and found out he was in "A Nightmare on Elm street"(1984), he played the boyfriend Glen Lantz of Nancy Thompson. I saw this movie in the theatre when I was a teen. I went with a girlfriend who loved horror movies and I absolutely hated them....but as a guy I felt I had to put on a show of how tough I was. To be honest I was scarred out of my wits...I still remember the song...1,2 he's coming for you....3, 4 better lock the door....anyway I digress.

A couple of my favorites were "Benny and Joon", "What's eating Gilbert Grape" and of course "pirates of the caribbean".

All in all he get's a thumbs up from me for his acting abilities.