FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harmonys House

Knappers
Hi

My name is Marcus and i am a new website designer. I have created my first website for a customer.

Woo Whoo

I would like it if you could have a look and let me know what you think.

The address is www.harmonyshouse.co.uk

My website is www.knapmanswebservices.co.uk BUT I AM STILL WORKING ON IT i know its not finished yet - but i will let you know when i have finished.

Have fun everyone and i will reply to post that needs replying to.

Thanks
Marcus
Dark-Tech
I dont seem to be able to get to either of those two sites at the moment they are timed out
Knappers
If you look at the bottom of the window you will see the server host name and you will understand.

Its doin my head in - The server is up one minuite then down the next.

Please try again later as it is a bit iffy.

Cheers
Knappers
Hello all,

The server for my only customers website is back up, Please have a look and let me know what you think..

Cheers
{name here}
Some of the buttons suffer JPEG compression's loss of quality. It'd be a good idea to fix that.
Knappers
www.harmonyshouse.co.uk is now finished and the customer is happy with it.

I know some of the piccys need adjusting but i was told to leave them as they are.

Let me know what you think or if you would like me to create you a website please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dustin
http://www.harmonyshouse.co.uk/
i like the flash on this site, its pretty cool and its a good song too...i must say that is one impressive intro. However when you hit mute it still lets the sound effects play...just thought i'd point that out

the girl on the site header (the one drinking water) is pretty attractive Razz
Knappers
Harmonys house has had a complete overhaul......

I made the homepage look like the forum.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
gothicgeek
Well the dragon (on harmonyhouse) is cool, but sorry to say everything else looks extremely amateurish, from the white background to the oddly placed navbar and poll box to the random pics. I'm guessing the customer didn't give you much room to actually design and was more looking for someone to just create the site.
benjad
Um, the pictures on knapmans.. com look VERY familiar. Do you have permission to use them??
Knappers
I do have resale rights for all my images.
But i am slowly creating images from scratch as i am learning more and mote about the programs i use.
Knappers
gothicgeek wrote:
Well the dragon (on harmonyhouse) is cool, but sorry to say everything else looks extremely amateurish, from the white background to the oddly placed navbar and poll box to the random pics. I'm guessing the customer didn't give you much room to actually design and was more looking for someone to just create the site.

You will note that from the first post that it says that i am a new web designer, That’s why it looks amateurish.
Also the theme is from the phpbb website so all i have done is used the images and the layout.

Then a white background (as I have been taught) is the best background to use as its nice and plain unlike a black background (as in your site) where you find that some colours do not show up well.

Your feedback has taught me that i can do much more with a website - All i need to do is learn.

Many Thanks