FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to redirect website

den110
Hi all,

I just signed up with frihost. I have a domain name registered with networksolutions. I want to have the domain name redirected to another website. Can I do it by hosting the domain name via frihost?
Animal
Yes, you can. When you apply for your hosting account, you will get a *.frih.net domain. Once your account is active, you can add your domain name or use domain pointers to use your domain name with Frihost.
den110
Animal wrote:
Yes, you can. When you apply for your hosting account, you will get a *.frih.net domain. Once your account is active, you can add your domain name or use domain pointers to use your domain name with Frihost.

My new domain name ends with a .net extension. So do I have to add the .frih.net after my .net?
Animal
No. You will be able to configure it so that your website is www.yoursite.net

You'll also be able to set up email addresses like you@yoursite.net

Once you have your hosting account, it will be much easier to explain how to do this, but you are able to.
den110
OK, I guess I will wait until I reach my minimum posting requirement. Thanks for your quick reply Smile
Animal
den110 wrote:
OK, I guess I will wait until I reach my minimum posting requirement. Thanks for your quick reply Smile

No problem. Feel free to PM me when your hosting account is active if you need some help setting it up.

-close-