FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Imaginare

Che

Here is an abstract chalk painting I did a while ago while at a summer camp in the University of Ky. Tell me how does this speaks to you...

Oh I almost forget, it is called, Imaginare...
silvergaze
hey this pic is realli cool. i mean its like contrast of colors juz made up of colors like black n white. den there are shaded parts around. real cool
Che
hey thank you! I like this one too Very Happy
knux
nicely done i love chalk and oil pastels myself they are a great medium to use. messy but fun!
silvergaze
wah owner is like finally replied! aiya but where u gt this pic?
luxtu
good one
Che
silvergaze wrote:
wah owner is like finally replied! aiya but where u gt this pic?

Sorry I believe to be having a hard time understanding the question.... Rolling Eyes
silvergaze
nvm i was sayin where u gt tt pic?
Che
silvergaze wrote:
nvm i was sayin where u gt tt pic?

I did it myself in a summer camp over in the University of Kentucky.
MistaKiula
hmm... not bad... it could be better, but it's good nevertheless.
Che
MistaKiula wrote:
hmm... not bad... it could be better, but it's good nevertheless.

I guess it is the artist's perception whether his/her artwork could be have been better. As an outside viewer one could give an opinion or "grade" based on what one believes good art ought be, yet this could drive into the discussion of whether there is such thing as "bad art" or something like it...
pookpooi
fav----
why you don't draw colorful
Che
pookpooi wrote:
fav----
why you don't draw colorful

I have... but I guess colors wouldn't workout with chalk color.... I guess sometimes black and white is good enough... Wink
Tomppe
Nice picture Smile Razz Is it some people fighting in the picture or??
Che
Tomppe wrote:
Nice picture Smile Razz Is it some people fighting in the picture or??

That is an awesome interpretation, it's up to you to define how it speaks to you. Very Happy
Tomppe
Ok Smile It's an relly nice to look at the picture and imagine all the thing the picture can be.. Razz Like people fighting or some strange fruits, wathever! Very Happy Smile Surprised
silvergaze
wah really like fighting now tt he said it leh. one of e circle like a fist like tt one really cool
Kashinilaya
I guess I'm not good at modern art. It looks like two pictures to me: the background, which is nice, and the foreground, the elliptical drawings, which seems too detached from the background. But please don't take my comments as if from a professional, 'cause I'm not.
Che
Kashinilaya wrote:
I guess I'm not good at modern art. It looks like two pictures to me: the background, which is nice, and the foreground, the elliptical drawings, which seems too detached from the background. But please don't take my comments as if from a professional, 'cause I'm not.

That's actually a very nice observation Kashinilaya, the 3 "falling rocks" in the background were intended to be detached from the circular images, the shadow and lines next to the circles, intended to provide a jumping effect, where the circles are the first things attracted by your eyes. The lines also create a feeling of movement to it.
XxGunner
lol thats very abstract i dont understand it lol...thats why it deserves a 10/10 for its abstractness... Smile
CamiBor
that is very beutiful!!
you said here to someone that it's up to us to identifey what it is, so i see a leaf falling on the waters.
Che
CamiBor wrote:
that is very beutiful!!
you said here to someone that it's up to us to identifey what it is, so i see a leaf falling on the waters.

That is a wonderful aproach, you are the first person who brings this theme up. Very nice.

I personally though of the theme of time, transgression, event, movement, action, reaction. But this is just the author's approach, you as the expectator develop your own story....
theo
calk...great
i love it Smile
kaikou
Oh, I love that. Nicely done. Smile When I look at it, I see an artist looking down at a palette.
Che
kaikou wrote:
Oh, I love that. Nicely done. Smile When I look at it, I see an artist looking down at a palette.

It is amazing to just read the different approaches you guys take into a single artwork. It's the beauty of abstracts; it allows one's person come through with expression.
megamass
The best thing i see in this job is HAND JOB. Just paints and paper - no photoshop and other stuff. Very nice job.
jazrt
sperm and eggs deviding
or tadpoles and bubles or eggs.
its creation of a universe and the expantion or continuation of life.
prillan
real real real nice 1!!!!
Tumbleweed
It speaks to me of life......... not conception ,but that seems there almost a memory left to confuse, but of life created by a mothers caress of her unborn child.
The more I look the more feminine it becomes
Olivia Wood
Oooh, there's definately something figurative to it, what with that striped oval and the long one along the bottom being so very arm-y. It makes me think of football or something, what with the obvious movement.

And the circles above that look like another cartoony person (the flat unshaded crossover sections of the ovals really suggest it should be cartoony), turned away this time, with the smallest circle being the kinda piggish nose. He looks kinda sad.

And the background wiggles... hmmmm. Kinda smoggy-looking.

Altogether, I percieve it as a vague, not altogether complementary commentary on the inanity of modern culture. Wink
Ray Gravin
I like it alot : )

at first glance I kind of saw a lonley figure in a dark room, but after looking at the whole image I kind of got the feeling that the subject wasnt alone but surrounded by things that it may not see but could sense. As if the subject was being comforted in its seclusion by these unseen or intangable objects.

\I really enjoy it : )