FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flogging Molly

garry_525
Anyone heard of Flogging Molly? I have seen them live twice and they are awesome, they are a sort of irish/punk band.
jeremoi
I saw them at the Warped tour a few years back. They were really good, plus they seemed like nice people in the autograph booth. While on stage, the lead singer my some very good jokes.
Hippie
Yeah they're pretty cool. It is also cool/funny/sucky because they get all drunk on stage. Its funny because its totally drinking music. Sucky because then they don't play as well. Still good stuff though. Irish/punk....who would have thought that would work...
jeremoi
Quote:
Irish/punk....who would have thought that would work...

Well they both are angsty/whinny.

But if your drunk, do you really notice how bad something is?
tomahawk19
jeremoi wrote:
Quote:

no, pop-punk is whiny, true punk is not. Flogging Molly kind of mixes between the two. You wanna go back and listen to old school punk, this new age punk is more pop punk (which honestly I listen to it...)
anxiety1
its well good live!

im not so sure bout cd though. i think its better wen ur dancing and drunk! that sort of music Razz
Yantaal
jeremoi wrote:
Quote:

Your obviouly a dick who knows nothing
anxiety1
im seeing them soon!

i rekon there be well good live, but as for sittin in ur room listening - not so much fun
obsessed
They are great, people should listen to The Pogues though, that's the band that has really inspired them and kinda found out this Irish punk thing.

Another good similar band is Dropkick Murphys, who have a slightly harder sound, but also very Celtic-influenced.
Dezrok
I saw them live last year at the Antidote Tour, I mainly went because my favourite band "Millencolin" (Anyone heard of them?) were headlining..
But Flogging Molly were AWESOME. I mean, the guitarist even gave me a Carling and his plectrum!
I think it's pretty much all based on the atmosphere. The bands all jolly and jumping around...And so does the whole crowd.
anxiety1
yeh i cant wait to see them now!

hopefully ill get a free pint and a plectrum lol!

just out of intrest how many is there of them when there playing live, and what sort of instrumnets do they use apart from the obvousl?
Dezrok
anxiety1 wrote:
yeh i cant wait to see them now!

hopefully ill get a free pint and a plectrum lol!

just out of intrest how many is there of them when there playing live, and what sort of instrumnets do they use apart from the obvousl?

All of them play, 7 in all.
Girl plays the fiddle, which is awesomely done.
I think it's 3 guitarists or something.
A banjo was played.
An acoustic guitar and I think at one point the lead singer was whistling a solo. Heh. They're great.