FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bad Fads

izcool
Hey everyone,

I think this is a website that reaches out to ALL of us here, because we've been accustomed to fads that were good and that were bad. I found this website when clicking around for a bit and think that others would enjoy looking at it and reading what it contains for each thing.

It may bring back the good times and the bad times.

http://www.badfads.com/

I was born in 1989 and I remember watching TV for a lot of different stupid inventions, like the "Clapper" to turn on and off lamps, the "Cha-cha-cha-CHIA !!" pet, the Taplights, among other stupid things like that.

Comments are welcome and accepted.

- Mike.
ne423005
Hey! The clapper is a great idea Laughing . Just another way to prevent yourself from getting off the couch to actually do something... like get into bed and get sleep somewhere other than your couch/lazy-boy.
jaysen
I still think they should wire up a bunch of clappers in a concert hall......
rightclickscott
And when you least expect it, once the concert is over, it becomes a rave!
eLto
Haha, so the concert is just the warmup for the real party then Razz
HDirtwater
My pet rock thinks you guys are funny.

Cool site for rattling the ol' memory banks.
jeremoi
Pogs and Pokemon were kind of stupid aswell. atleast Pokemon had a show that had banned episodes.
mschnell
I personally think they need to put tamagotchis on cell phones. Who wouldn't play that irresistable game if it was in your pocket all day?
jeremoi
I forgot about Tamagochis. I remember getting the board game, I never played it because the concept of a pocket video game becoming a board game seem kind of stupid.
Vrythramax
HDirtwater wrote:
My pet rock thinks you guys are funny.

Cool site for rattling the ol' memory banks.

My Aunt got me a "pet rock" with a purple mohawk and a saftty pin on one side...she called it a "punk rock" Smile
Vrythramax
OMG izcool

I just went though that site, and gawd there are things there I thought was "way cool" in the day, and partcipated in....but now I wish I could forget.

Thank You for the reminder Very Happy

BTW....Your the man Mike, your posts are just too cool. (My opinion, but who am I?) You still rock in my book.
izcool
Wow, well that was the first. Razz Thank you.

I like to look at a lot of interesting sites when I'm online and that turned up to be one of them. I have a huge bookmark list that goes to several thousand pages long. I could have them exported to an HTML file for you guys to look through sometime, but I must warn you, it's not very organized. I need to sit here for a good couple of days and sort it all out.

- Mike.
Vrythramax
izcool wrote:
Wow, well that was the first. Razz Thank you.

I like to look at a lot of interesting sites when I'm online and that turned up to be one of them. I have a huge bookmark list that goes to several thousand pages long. I could have them exported to an HTML file for you guys to look through sometime, but I must warn you, it's not very organized. I need to sit here for a good couple of days and sort it all out.

- Mike.

I don't know about the "Bunnie" thing...but you still rock!
eday2010
I think the last big fad was Atkins and all that bullpoop. I am trying to think of what the current fad is, but I can't think of anything besides everyone offering Toasted Sandwiches (Quizno's, Subway, Mr. Sub, McDonalds...)
mschnell
But those toasted sandwitches are good!
aenemike
Wrap bracelets...
My friend had one of those and the fabric eventually eroded off of it.
She slapped it around my wrist, with all of it's silvery metal goodness, and almost killed me!
When the bleeding finally stopped I realized how dumb that idea was... that metal was sharp!
I think I still have a scar from that... my friends accused me of trying to "end it all"
What fun.
Vrythramax
how about "Mood Rings"....or am I showing my age ?)

Anyone still own a "LavaLamp"?

A "Black Light"?

Dayglow paints?

...it seems the list just goes on and on

*sigh* Sad
izcool
Vrythramax wrote:

A "Black Light"?

Dayglow paints?

*sigh* Sad

There's 2 Lava Lamps in my house, newer ones to be honest.

We have Black Light bulbs that we use for Halloween. They're ancient but most of them are brand new, with others being used for several years.

- Mike.
Vrythramax
izcool wrote:

There's 2 Lava Lamps in my house, newer ones to be honest.

We have Black Light bulbs that we use for Halloween. They're ancient but most of them are brand new, with others being used for several years.

- Mike.

Way cool izcool... thankfully I am not alone.

Peace Very Happy
Khalid
I have to state that the worst fad has to be POGZ becuase they were around about 5 years ago and some how they found themselves back into our stores. I mean what is the point with them.......I mean if they bring back the classic designs is when i will get into *kick some *** mode.........Classic designs like the looney Toons which totally flopped
coolclay
I still have a lava lamp, black light, and they still sell mood rings (I don't have one though). I also still have my huge awesome Pog collection. I still play once and awhile when I get bored. What about hula hoops, and those skipping things that you put on your leg and then swing around and skip. Cabbage patch dolls, Strawberry shortcake dolls, pollypocket, are all the stupid girly fads. The guy fads were always much better.
izcool
coolclay wrote:
I still have a lava lamp, black light, and they still sell mood rings (I don't have one though). I also still have my huge awesome Pog collection. I still play once and awhile when I get bored. What about hula hoops, and those skipping things that you put on your leg and then swing around and skip. Cabbage patch dolls, Strawberry shortcake dolls, pollypocket, are all the stupid girly fads. The guy fads were always much better.

Man, I totally forgot about that stuff until now. My sister has a Hula-Hoop, she recently bought it to help her excercise a little more.

The skip thing you're talking about, I can recall was called "Skip It", I remember the song from the commercial. It looks like they still sell that too. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005BP5B/104-8909542-6763138?v=glance This is starting to bring back memories that I forgot I had.

- Mike.
SusieSmacktard
Leg warmers were one of the stupidest fashion trends ever. I used to wear them on the outside of my jeans, but I was all of five so I didn't know any better Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
oh please do not beat upon "hula hoops"...they were the source of untold numbers of testosterone fueled fantasies around the world.

They still sell Mood Rings Question
silvermesh
Vrythramax wrote:

A "Black Light"?

Dayglow paints?

*sigh* Sad

all of that stuff is still pretty popular, especially among teenage druggies Wink
Vrythramax
thanks for sharing that...now I feel bit worse.
Artelis
I love what they have to say about Dungeons and Dragons. I still play that Cool The ultimate nerd game! Yes!
gh0stface
The current bad fad that I can think of is popping the collar (I just want to smack the back of people's head who do that) and Uggs. Ugly boots that girls wear with jeans/pants tucked into them.

And I guess guys who wear pink shirts... the worst is the combo of pink popped collar shirts...
mschnell
gh0stface wrote:
The current bad fad that I can think of is popping the collar (I just want to smack the back of people's head who do that) and Uggs. Ugly boots that girls wear with jeans/pants tucked into them.

And I guess guys who wear pink shirts... the worst is the combo of pink popped collar shirts...

I agree with most of that. The pink shirts thing is questionable though. At the University of Iowa(where I go to school) there's a controversy over our pink visitor's locker rooms being demoralizing and unfair. I think it's rediculous. So now a lot of people where pink to the football games in protest of repainting the locker rooms.
girlinjapan
I remember more of the things people used to say...like
"If you like it so much why dont you marry it?"
or
"psych!"
and stuff like that. grrr embarassing
izcool
girlinjapan wrote:
I remember more of the things people used to say...like
"If you like it so much why dont you marry it?"
or
"psych!"
and stuff like that. grrr embarassing

"Chyaaahh, monkeys might fly outta my butt" (Wayne's World).

- Mike.