FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can you Speak Pittsburghese? PA USA

Guyon
Can you Speak Pittsburghese?If you are not from Pittsburgh you may not be able to decipher this phrase.
But if you watched the Pittsburgh Steelers (Stillers) at the Super Bowl? You might have caught some Pittsburghese. Can anyone translate this?

I ain't jaggin yinz. Mum said you hafta run the sweeper an goto da igl in Haf-Ahr, or you'll git a Lickin'
Blaster
I can speack philigese Very Happy
We suck but will always try Smile

That btw says: I am not jaging yous.mom said you have to run the swepper (meaning the win) and go to the superbowel at the linking (meaning the eagles stadium.)

Now to do some flaming.
Eagles are going to win next year. Anyone that says diffent we can countinue this on msn or aim.
izcool
Anyone here from Chicago ? As I just did a quick Google for a quiz and found one - http://quizilla.com/users/roolet/quizzes/Are%20You%20a%20True%20Chicagoan%3F/ - I took it and it says that I'm a true Chicagoan. Feeling proud about that. Very Happy

BTW, no I cannot read that. I don't speak Greek. Laughing

- Mike.
alkady
izcool wrote:
Anyone here from Chicago ? As I just did a quick Google for a quiz and found one - http://quizilla.com/users/roolet/quizzes/Are%20You%20a%20True%20Chicagoan%3F/ - I took it and it says that I'm a true Chicagoan. Feeling proud about that. Very Happy

BTW, no I cannot read that. I don't speak Greek. Laughing

- Mike.

Wow, I took the test, But am not from Chicago and my result:

A True Suburbanite, Yet I am not the kind of person that likes the suburb. I'm more of a urban guy. I feel really ashamed right now.
Guyon
Here is the translation for:
"I ain't jaggin yinz. Mum said you hafta run the sweeper an goto da igl in Haf-Ahr, or you'll git a Lickin'"

Jaggin - Fooling you, or Fooling around

Yinz - All of you, (like the southern Ya-all)

Mum - Mom or Mother

hafta - have to

Sweeper - Vacume Cleaner

da - the

igl - Eagle, i(n this case the Giant Eagle Grocery Store)

Haf-Ahr - 30 minutes or Half of an hour

Lickin' - spanked, or to kick your a**

I ain't jaggin yinz. Mum said you hafta run the sweeper an goto da igl in Haf-Ahr, or you'll git a Lickin'"

I am not fooling around, you guys. Mom said you have to run the vacume cleaner, and go to the Giant Eagle grocery store in 30 miutes, or she is going wack your behinds.

Easy Huh?
Blaster
Had a feeling it hade eagles in it. You hate us i swear.

Well as a true philly phan we are going to kick your ass in football next year. We did that year we had that ass owens. But the eagles don't mess around. We want a team that is not a crybaby because we are the EAGLES