FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can delete public_html?

lex
i installed phpbb in my board and added the cash-hack via easymod but the whole board become buggy with errors saying some error with public_html.so it is posible to delete public_html?
foggy
lex wrote:
i installed phpbb in my board and added the cash-hack via easymod but the whole board become buggy with errors saying some error with public_html.so it is posible to delete public_html?
Don't delete public_html, that is the place that the portion of your website displayed over http is (or should be) stored. (The fact that it appears in the error message almost proves that it is where it should be)

I can say for sure that the fact that this folder exists isn't interfering with the way your forum works. It has to be a separate issue entirely, so if you can supply us with the error message we may be able to assist you.
mathiaus
yes. But it shouldnt be done. Thats where your actual site is stored and all content is. You may think thats the www folder but that redirects to the public html folder. basiclly dont. If you do and make a mess of it thats more work for already busy Bondings Rolling Eyes
lex
so if i want to install anything , i install it in public_html?
Maka
I will re-create an account for you in a few mins when I have time. Cool

And yes take there advice lol, leave it intact in future Wink .
foggy
Maka wrote:
As far as I know lex hasn't deleted it yet. They were just checking to see if they should.

lex wrote:
so if i want to install anything , i install it in public_html?
That would be correct, unless otherwise specified by the webscript. Sometimes options are stored outside the folder to elude hackers.
Maka
Oh sorry, mis read that wrong, but I cant reset it to the state before.
lex
foggy wrote:
Maka wrote:
As far as I know lex hasn't deleted it yet. They were just checking to see if they should.

erm , u are kinda wrong .i deleted some content in public_html and asked maka to reset it , so sorry for the trouble
Maka
lex wrote:
foggy wrote:
Maka wrote:

erm , u are kinda wrong .i deleted some content in public_html and asked maka to reset it , so sorry for the trouble

Ok then, can I delete your account and re-create it?, if so back up everything now and PM me when ready.
Maka
Ok, check your PM, your new account has been created with the same url you used before.

Please be careful in future. Cool