FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Personal Site

Yazz
Some parts of it are still being worked on (Like the guestbook).

Right now I'm having some trouble making the guestbook work properly in Firefox. If anyone can figure out why it get's messed up, please tell me!

But yeah, I'd like to know what you think. There's some of my personal work, like written work and art. Make sure you don't go to the nursery rhyme section if you're easily offended. Or even if you aren't easily offended. <.< Just making sure you don't stumble into something you'd get pissed off at me for.

I have short stories, some essays, a lot of artwork (I'll upload the full sized pictures to my site instead of linking to Deviantart since I have that option with 10 GB a month). And of course, the centerpiece of the site is the Mini-Toonz, some 50x50 pixel animations of a character named Frijoles trying to get through an obstacle course alive, yet failing every time, ending up in his rather comical death. Yay!

If you think there's anything else I should add, please tell me!

Last Note: The Random Videos link on my site's menu isn't set up yet. All it does right now is link back to my old host. Then you're in for a world of POPUPS AND JAVASCRIPT ADS!!! AHHHH!!!!

The Site

I love frihost ^^

-Yazz

edit: My bio picture needs to be updated, seriously. My hair is so much longer now. Also, I forgot to mention the random quotes. Tell me what you think of EVERYTHING.

edit2: Wow, so much has changed... Well yeah, since some people didn't like the fact that the layout was so smushed up, I opened it up a lot, still some tweaking left to do in that area. The quotes also have a number associated with them just so you know which one it is on the list. New menu, it's now static as well, also has nice unfolding thing going on. Sorry that I got rid of the mini animations for each link. I'll try something later to add that in as well, just cause I've gotten some feedback about people missing them. Uhh, yeah, look at the rest yourself.
Blaster
I liked the intro. Very Happy It would be nice if you made the words clearer. Looks really nice though Very Happy
viperbattlefield
dood, love the site..yeah intros kinda hard to read. and the frames are just a little crowded. cool site keep it up Very Happy [/i]
Yazz
Blaster wrote:
I liked the intro. Very Happy It would be nice if you made the words clearer. Looks really nice though Very Happy

Lol, thanks. The intro is actually a size 30x50 size animation that I blew up. I didn't want to stray from the accuracy of the pixelated animation by resizing the pixels for the text.... So I'd really like to leave it as it is. If you think I really really should change it, I will.

viperbattlefield wrote:
the frames are just a little crowded. cool site keep it up Very Happy

What do you mean by crowded? Which frames?

Thanks for the input!

-Yazz
viperbattlefield
like the scrolly part beside the nav. it might be just cuz i have xp but like theres a bunch of extra space on the left and right side of the content
Yazz
Lol, dude, I have so little idea what you're talking about right now. What nav scrolly part? What extra space? Can you take a screenie and use the magic of Paint or some program to point these things out?

Thanks ^^

-Yazz
viperbattlefield

yeah..
Yazz
Ahhh, I see what you mean... No, the site's layout is supposed to be a square like that. It looks a bit crowded on larger screen resolutions, but I kept people with smaller resolutions in mind as well.

-Yazz
Blaster
Yea but you have a lot of usless space. It would look nicer if you opened it up some more. Pretty good start though Very Happy
Dustin
THat intro is so cool and it perfectly meshes with the

there are alot of things that i like about that site, like how when you scroll over some text you can see that little icon thing. The only beef i have with your site is the info box is tiny, your site is all about the theme and you have left very little room for content Sad
Yazz
What's an 'info box'?
joshua_erceg
The only thing I don't like is the annoying cursor image thing that appears when you hover over a link ^^
But apart from that, it looks good ^^
Yazz
joshua_erceg wrote:
The only thing I don't like is the annoying cursor image thing that appears when you hover over a link ^^
But apart from that, it looks good ^^

Ah, you dont like those? Heh, I think others do, but yeah, I wanted to try and make a little box somewhere on the site that's always visible where the animation would appear when you scroll over the image... but I dont know where to put something like that... Maybe I could replace the Menu header with a room for the animations? Or would it just be better to get rid of the completely?

-Yazz
Hobbit
I like those animations, after all the website's name is minitoons.
mi7sen
lool i love the nursery rhymes!!! loooooooooool good job...is there a possibility i use this on my own blog? i really love them all...ill credit you for them and ill put the no offence thing on it...its ok if u say no but i would really love them thnx m8

cheers

p.s. waiting for ure reply Razz
{name here}
Looks good, just rid the guestbook. Guestbooks are a big no-no.
Traveller
Pretty cool, but when I scroll the text in the center box, the left-hand menu moves with it.
Yazz
Ah, yeah, the menu is supposed to do that. It wouldn't fit properly if it was floating on the left side... also, I wanted to have room to add affiliated sites, because those people aren't necissarily my friends, and since they have an actual website aimed at people, I'd leave a space for them right under my menu bar.

Also, anyone is entitled to use my Nursery Rhymes, but you are required to give me credit as well as a link back to my site. You can use the link button I provide on my Linkeh page, but that's entirely optional.

I'm glad you guys like my site so much ^^

-Yazz
otaku
Nice Intro it really draws you into the site. Also I'm glad you put the link below incase you don't have flash.

A suggestion, instead of using an Iframe, I'd use a php include.
Code:
<?php include 'FILENAME'; ?>

and put it into a div so the menu doesn't scroll with it
Code:
<div style="overflow: auto;"></div>

oh yeah, and I like the random quotes. And the guestbook doesn't work in firefox (I guess you already know that). I'm not sure why though.
Yazz
otaku wrote:
Nice Intro it really draws you into the site. Also I'm glad you put the link below incase you don't have flash.

A suggestion, instead of using an Iframe, I'd use a php include.
Code:
<?php include 'FILENAME'; ?>

and put it into a div so the menu doesn't scroll with it
Code:
<div style="overflow: auto;"></div>

oh yeah, and I like the random quotes. And the guestbook doesn't work in firefox (I guess you already know that). I'm not sure why though.

Thanks about the Intro. What's the benefit of php includes over iFrames?

Yes, I know my guestbook doesn't work in Firefox. I'm planning to just remove the guestbook entirely, since I don't actually need it.
win66
Looks good, keep it!
Yazz
Woo, my site got accepted into the directory listing!

-Yazz
dotnet
Very... extraordinary site. And this menu... with such "tooltip help". Very Happy On the whole - nice site, I like it Exclamation
Technaut
this is a example of great webdesign. i like it alot! Very Happy
Yazz
Thanks, anyone have any opinions to share on my updates?
Shirish
Please take a look at my website and give a review

though it is undergoing major changes right now
I have lots of content to be uploaded
[url]
www.digitalmind.frihost.net[/url]
SargerAs
the menu is very good designed. I like the way how it si animated!
Did u worte this Java by yourself?

There are quiet a lot of Websites with Java but they make too many effects so that everything is moving but your menu is really softly!

Very well work!!!!
Yazz
Shirish wrote:
Please take a look at my website and give a review

though it is undergoing major changes right now
I have lots of content to be uploaded
www.digitalmind.frihost.net

Nice site, I like it a lot. Looks very neat and very sleek. My only suggestion is to change the header images into flash animations and animate it. It looks like it already has flash potential. Maybe have a rotating DNA strand instead of an image, perhaps have the robotic arm moving. You might need a graphics designer for that, or can try it yourself with some luck. It'd make the site perfect in my opinion (besides the grammer and spelling errors). Also animate that text, have it slide in or some kind of sleek effect. Would look superbe.

Thank you SargerAs, no, I didn't write the script myself, I can hardly even troubleshoot script. I am interested in learning some Java, but not right now. The menu is only animated in Internet Explorer. I got the menu from DynamicDrive.com. It's called HV Menu. The most recent version of ithe script is on the maker's website (It has the effects), which you can find on DynamicDrive as well.
tamilchild
Really nice website

your content displayed

home | code | artwork | tutorials | contact

well! Embarassed