FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ftp Problem Help

Scorpio
Error: Transfer channel can't be opened. Reason: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Error: Could not retrieve directory listing

This is the response when i got when i tried to log in to my account using filezilla.. Why?
Animal
Is your firewall blocking filezilla?
Scorpio
I dont know...

I am using AVG antivirus suite.

Even none of my torrents(legal) downloads are working
Animal
Sounds like a firewall issue then. If you're using WinXP SP2, there is a built-in firewall - check this configuration. AVG is an anti-virus and unless you have "AVG Plus Firewall" this will not be blocking your connections. I'd suggest downloading ZoneAlarm - the free version is much easier to configure and more effective than the firewall with SP2.
Scorpio
I disabled windows firewall a long time ago..

Zone alarm is causing frequent crashes of itself and computer has to reboot to set it right.

But otherwise there aint no firewall at all
Blaster
Did you try using the systems FTP? Just go to my documents and type in ftp.yoursite.frih.net. See if that works. Very Happy
Scorpio
No even that is getting hung up and not running

I tried to create a sitemap using javascript at auditmypc.com

But the applet is not loading in firefox IE and opera

though i have activeted javascript in all of them
Animal
Are you using a restricted account on your computer? (ie. not runing as administrator)? Are you using a restricted network, such as a school network to connect?
Scorpio
No its a home pc.

i am the admin

There are no other users at all
wumingsden
I also used to have this problem although it somehow sorted itself out after a couple of weeks. I would recommend using www.web2ftp.com which is an online FTP'ing Service.