FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Vegetarianism






Eggs or no Eggs?
Gobble them up yum yum
79%
 79%  [ 23 ]
No Chance its an un hatched chicken fetus
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 29

Yantaal
Recently turned veggie i am still opting to eat eggs.

I know vegans dont eat any animal bi products
and lots of veggies dont eat eggs , but i personally thing its fine as no animal actually dies considering the egg is un fertilised.

what you all think?
Jamatu
There are a wide variety of vegatarianism types, the Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian is the most common type of vegatarian and can eat eggs and dairy products. So if you want to eat eggs go right ahead Smile
RhysAndrews
Well; Vegetarians who simply don't like meat, i'm cool with that... But when they don't eat meat because they don't want to eat living things (now dead); I get a little angry. I mean, ok, sure, we have a choice whether to eat them or not. But it's a food chain. They eat, we eat, we get eaten (in some cases). Meat is an essential part of a diet, don't waste your commitments on meat.

-Rhys
HDirtwater
Vegitarians who don't eat meat because they won't eat a living thing (something with a mother) are being hypocrites if they still eat eggs and dairy. Vegitarians who don't eat meat because it's unhealthy don't bother me so much. You just can't do it half-way if you don't want to "kill another living being to eat it." Personally, I don't eat beef because it isn't really very healthy, but give me some chicken parm, or a roast turkey, and I'm in heaven....
Artemis11
Nothing wrong with it if you're a Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian (doesn't eat meat, but eats eggs, and dairy products.)

I don't understand why people can't stand eating animals that much though. Gimme my steak over salad or tofu any day! Razz
alkady
Well the egg is unfertilized, But it still could have been an living thing. But I personally dont really care. Eat all the eggs you want. But being a veggie isnt as easy as you think, Whats you seen so far as I may pressume is only the beginning.
Nologico
I don't care...

I don't like patterns and labels... if you like it do it if you don't do not... simple as that... Wink
AftershockVibe
Vegetarian is a very vague term. Each to their own I say. Their dietary habits don't affect me in the slightest so they can do what they like.

I must point out though that you can have a perfectly balanced diet and still be a vegetarian. Proteins are the main concern but these can be gotten from beans and peas-type plants and eggs as well if they choose to eat them.

I'd go so far to say that most vegetarians probably have quite a good diet because at least they think about what they are eating unlike a lot of people I know.

The difference between eating eggs and eating meat is that you must murder the animal to eat it. By eating an egg you do not murder but you do prevent a possible birth.

It's actually the same as arguments surrounding contraception and where you believe life begins.
webapp
Quote:
As vegetarianism becomes more prevalent and popular, many parents may wonder if kids can safely follow a vegetarian diet and still get all the nutrients necessary for growing up healthy and strong. Avoiding meat may sound like a bad idea, but most dietary and medical experts agree that a well-planned vegetarian diet can actually be a very healthy way to eat.

Of course, special care must be taken when feeding kids and teens a vegetarian diet, especially if it doesn't include dairy and egg products. And as with any diet, you'll need to not only ensure that your child is getting enough of all the necessary nutrients, but understand that the nutritional needs of children change as they grow.
[/quote]
Mr Smith
I once saw a vegeterian at a barbeque once, going "no no!" to a huge piece of FREE steak. So I walked down nicely into my shed, got the water pistol, and told them to get off my property, even though my parents own the place, is is an INSULT of how vegeterians attend barbeques?

What is wrong with meat? Humans are made of meat, not LETTUCE!!
Forgotten Legends
Okay. meat is any part of an animal, yes? The actual animal is not in most eggs we eat. So technecly eggs and dairy are not meat.

On the other had meat is a good source of protien and so are eggs. They also come from chickens. So by this theary eggs are meat.

All I know is I love meat and I don't have a problem with eggs. So my verdict on eggs? ...How can I put this? If the egg came from a nest with a hen and a rooster then it its meat. If it came from a nest with no rooster then it is not meat.
Mr Smith
No, an egg is only the yolk and white if it is not fertalised, and since the normal working hens dont have enough time to shag, their actually just plain eggs, which have nothing growing inside of them, resulting in them being a dairy product.
ryanh2006
Man I am cool with vegans, or anybody else for that matter! But personally I am all for a nice balanced diet full of meat, veggies, fruit and everything in between! Variety is the spice of life. So I guess that am as happy with a yummy burger as a veggie lasagna! Razz
windrei
i think it depends on you. There are many types of vegetarians as the above mentioned. Some of them do not have any animals and their products, but they can have all kinds of vegetables. But some are very strict, that they cannot have any animals of course, and even those "strong taste" vegetables like garlic, onions, durian... etc.

i think you are the type that only if no lifes are concerned, it's okay.
Game Fortress
I think most vegans stay away from animal products because they dont like the way the producing animals are treated. Unfertilized eggs arent the issue, its the chicken who lays them.
missmurder
I have been a vegetarian for about a year and a half now, and it is awesome for me. And just me. I don't judge or criticize people who eat meat, and you shouldnt either. It is extremely rude to make fun of someone for being vegetarian, and it happens all the time to me, and yet I have never done that to someone who eats meat. Personally, the thought of putting a dead animal in my body is the most vial thing in the world.

Anyways, I am trying to go vegan slowly, and so I dont directly drink milk or eat eggs, but if something has milk or eggs in the ingredients then I am fine. With meat however I am very strict. I dont eat anything with gelatin or any meat products.
missmurder
I wanted to mention one more thing, sorry. You guys should seriously read a book called "Diet For a New America", it has really changed my perspective on everything with the meat and dairy industry. I am fine with people eating meat, cause its their decision, but I am not fine with the way the meat gets to your plate. Animals are so cruely raised, whether or not you believe that, its the truth. Farms with big red farm doors, and long fields for raising meat and dairy do not exist. Sure there are small farms still, but that only consists about 2% of the industry.
{name here}
I don't care how meat gets to my plate, or what animal is killed and how in the process. It tastes good, better than any plant, and is good for you. All you need to do is cook it long enough to kill the bacteria that may have formed. I will never stick tofu in my mouth even if my life depended on it. I'll go to 'nam and eat a dog before I ever do that(which I plan to do).
bluedragon
Now this is getting ridiculous!

This person has obviously never marveled in the wonder that is teriyaki fried tofu! Yum yum!
Jamatu
Mr Smith wrote:
I once saw a vegeterian at a barbeque once, going "no no!" to a huge piece of FREE steak. So I walked down nicely into my shed, got the water pistol, and told them to get off my property, even though my parents own the place, is is an INSULT of how vegeterians attend barbeques?

What is wrong with meat? Humans are made of meat, not LETTUCE!!

Wow, your mature Rolling Eyes
Idoru
Dont' know anylonger, if I should call myself a vegetarian or not. Guess I often do,
but it's not as important to me as it used to be. I stoped eating meat 12 years ago,
but aint as hard on the ideas nowadays. I still skip the meat, but fish aswell
as bird is on the menu. It didn't use to be, but then again, I used to cook only
to myself. With a kid at the same dining-table it's just natural to make some
exeptions. After all, it's an easy way getting those proteins with right vitamines,
eating meat. Even if there are ways around it if you know what you're doing.
pudovkin
The only thing bothers me a lot is their vegan Jihad.
The vegans I know practically despise meat-eaters. This is so prejudiced as thinking vegetarian people are dumb.
the_mariska
Yantaal wrote:
Recently turned veggie i am still opting to eat eggs.

I know vegans dont eat any animal bi products
and lots of veggies dont eat eggs , but i personally thing its fine as no animal actually dies considering the egg is un fertilised.

what you all think?

Well, I don't get your point. Vegetarianism is not a religion, so you don't have to follow any rules: nobody forces you to turn vegetarian, and nobody forces you to stop eating eggs, milks and so on. It depends only on you Wink Personally I'm a vegetarian for 4, 5 years, but I eat eggs, drink a lot of milk, sometimes even eat a fish (yeah, I know, all of the x-true-hardcore-vegans-x will consider me as a hypocrite and a poser), but I'm glad of my lifestyle and I don't have to give up eggs for the sacrifice of being a true vegetarian.

Hope you'll find a way that's the best for you.
pudovkin
the_mariska wrote:
Vegetarianism is not a religion, so you don't have to follow any rules

Well said!
Helios
I CONSUME MEAT Smile
girlinjapan
the_mariska wrote:
Yantaal wrote:
Recently turned veggie i am still opting to eat eggs.

I know vegans dont eat any animal bi products
and lots of veggies dont eat eggs , but i personally thing its fine as no animal actually dies considering the egg is un fertilised.

what you all think?

Well, I don't get your point. Vegetarianism is not a religion, so you don't have to follow any rules: nobody forces you to turn vegetarian, and nobody forces you to stop eating eggs, milks and so on. It depends only on you Wink Personally I'm a vegetarian for 4, 5 years, but I eat eggs, drink a lot of milk, sometimes even eat a fish (yeah, I know, all of the x-true-hardcore-vegans-x will consider me as a hypocrite and a poser), but I'm glad of my lifestyle and I don't have to give up eggs for the sacrifice of being a true vegetarian.

Hope you'll find a way that's the best for you.


I like how you put that. I'm so tired of those hard core vegans telling me that I'm a poseur because I still eat eggs and milk. Really, its a personal choice and its not like anyone has the right over anyone else to shove it down someone's throat.
calvinchin
Hi there,

Vegetarian is definitely not a religion issue... Wink

However, you have to identify the purpose of being a vegetarian.

Layout your rules and things that you can eat, which won't
harm your vegetarian effort, then just follow the rules.

It's all totally up to you. No one can't force you ! Very Happy
meet in rio
I just don't like meat very much. If I can get a long-roasted, tender piece of lamb or a bacon medallion or something then that's great, but I'm such a silly, picky eater and seem to find invisible gristle/fat/veins in just about everything, and I tend just not to eat it.

Quorn/tofu/beans are delicious, anyway, and I like the fact that I'm not going to bite into a nasty, hard lump of fat. I don't worry about meat affecting my health - I just find meat substitutes far more consistent in flavour and texture, and if they're healthier then that's a happy bonus.

I like the taste of meat, though... gravy is damn good.
Related topics
Vegetarianism
What are the taboos in your culture?
Google Whacking
"Buddha knows all answers!"
Locked Posts
Re-Incarnation
Vegetarian Lifestyle
Types of Vegetarians
Why a vegetarian diet is healthier than eating meat
So, you're a superhero! Tell us about yourself.
if you had 5 wishes what would they be
Can atheism exist without God?
Go Veg to Save the Loving Atmosphere of the Planet
Why is Vegetarian Diet the best for all....
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.