FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's your internet connection details?

selim06
How do you download in a month and what's your connection speed?I want to learn because i want to compare with me...I connect with ADSL 512 kb and i download 2^3 gb in a month.I know it's so basic but i can't do anything i pay for it 22$ what about you?
Sebaci
My theoretical transfer is 128 Kb/s but I download much faster. The average transfer is 120 KB/s (kylobytes, not kylobits)
Jamatu
2mb download 512kb upload, the amount of bandwidth I use varies a lot each month so I can't really comment on that, we also have 6 computers in the house 'a lot' will sufice.

The price is around 30 ($52 ish)
Helios
My download rate is 1544Kbps versus my upload rate, which is only 128Kbps.
That's a 24/7 connection without downloading/uploading limits(only the speed is limited).

I'm paying about 25 USD/month.

I'd say that it's a nice deal for an avarage user, but for a BitTorrent freak like me it's quite bad.. I have to seed 3x time more than I leech! Razz
roeenoy
i pay 25 $ per mon for internet 2 MB
copilot
We have Comcast service and we pay about $52/month for cable service. If you go to http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/Bandwidth.asp it will tell you what your download speed is. Ours is 2221kb/s. How do you guys get your highspeed service for $20? Where are you at? I am in Colorado.
alkutob
I have ADSL 128
Master-
I have 20/20mbit broadband.

Cost me only round 250kr/month.

And about the month download status, i download/upload around 50gb/month. Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
I have unrestricted access to a full T-1 (1.44mbs) input and output....sometimes it's good to work for AT&T Smile
Jamatu
wtf! 250kr for 20/20 mbit boradband, thats like 22....
seanooi
i'm currently running on an 8mbps connection, downloads would go up to about 1.0-1.2MB/sec
But i'm thinking of downgrading it as it cost a little too much for me, around $70 per month.
oneightwo
my internet is 512/128kbs

that's 512 down, 128 up, and it's unlimited (no download limits!) but i only download about 30GB a month.

and my downloads are usually 50-60KB/s

with uploads around 12-20KB/s
Joewhite
How do you check how much you have downloaded within the whole month?
Daniel15
Well, my current connection is a 1.5Mb/s ADSL connection, with "unlimited" downloaded (the speed is limited after 20GB), and costs AU$50 per month. Unfortunately, the wholesale price of ADSL in Australia has gone up, meaning that I had to move to a new plan as mine wasn't available any more. The new plan is at the same speed, but capped after 25GB, and costs AU$70 per month.

I'm getting ADSL2+ soon, once my phone exchange is upgraded (this is scheduled for May 2006). The plan I'll be getting will be up to 24Mb/s (I'm expecting around 8-12Mb/s based on my phone line's attenuation value), capped after 30GB of downloads, for AU$60 per month

This is all with TPG Internet - http://www.tpg.com.au/

Joewhite wrote:
How do you check how much you have downloaded within the whole month?

Most ISP's have an online utility to check how much you've downloaded. My ISP has a page like this, and someone made a program that you can download and it tells you how much you've downloaded.

Otherwise, there are programs like DU-Meter which can keep track of how much you download.
oneightwo
i was gonna get TPG. they used to have 1.5mbps for $50/month!

thats what i pay now, but then they increased the price. And my dad wont pay a cent less... Sad Sad Sad
Josso
I have a 2048kbps connection. I'm on AOL most unfortunatly but my parents need their email addresses and thing's like that so I can't change. I use IE for browsing and I don't have to connect because of the network so I'm happy. I must download 5-10 gig's in a month depending on how busy I am but we have no download limits so it doesn't bother me. I think we pay near enough 20 per months (internet is expensive over here!).
nilsmo
Master- wrote:
I have 20/20mbit broadband.

Cost me only round 250kr/month.

And about the month download status, i download/upload around 50gb/month. Rolling Eyes

US broadband is so expensive compared to Western Europe and Japan... I get 4mbits/768Kb(?) on Comcast Cable Internet for $43 a month.
alkady
I use ADSL and pay $29.99 not including taxes and other small fees. After that I pay around $35 a month.
Artemis11
Meh, I live in a small town, so there arn't that many options available. Sad I have a 768Kbps connection. Its erm.. $40 bucks a month I think.

d/l = ~8gigs a month
u/l = ~10gigs a month
Scorpio
Whoah.....

I guess I am the slowest of the lot..

I run on 128 Kbps..

D/l around 15 kbps

U/l around 12 kbps

Monthly download around 15 gb

And I get charged around 20$ for this Bull****
Vrythramax
seanooi wrote:
i'm currently running on an 8mbps connection, downloads would go up to about 1.0-1.2MB/sec
But i'm thinking of downgrading it as it cost a little too much for me, around $70 per month.

My sympathies...a T-1 line (1.44mbs costs around $1,100 USD monthly in my area), I'd love to "downgrade" to your standards anyday.....and I work for the phone company!!!
Rsam
I'm on a 1.0 Mbps connection for $35 per month. Switching to DSL 3mbps for $30 a month soon. Broadband sucks in Canada.
whplace
Mine is ADSL 256 kbps

Unlimited downloads / Browsing !!!

Smile I can browse how much ever i want to . Its only aprox. 22$ / Month ( 1000 Rs. )

Its damn good! I use Airtel!

Whplace
Vrythramax
Rsam wrote:
I'm on a 1.0 Mbps connection for $35 per month. Switching to DSL 3mbps for $30 a month soon. Broadband sucks in Canada.

Broadband is only fast on it's download speed. if you wished to run a server online it's only about 56kb upload speed. Unless of course you chose a commercial DSL connection....which would cost considerably more.

Read the fine print.
Daniel15
oneightwo wrote:
i was gonna get TPG. they used to have 1.5mbps for $50/month!

thats what i pay now, but then they increased the price. And my dad wont pay a cent less... Sad Sad Sad

Yeah, that's the plan I was on until a few days ago Wink Before that, I used Hello Internet by TelPacific (prepaid dialup Razz)

Quote:
Broadband is only fast on it's download speed. if you wished to run a server online it's only about 56kb upload speed. Unless of course you chose a commercial DSL connection....which would cost considerably more.

Well, it depends. If you want to run a server, you could get a 512/512 connection (512 Kb/s down, 512Kb/s up) which usually costs the same amount as a 1500/256 (1500Kb/s down, 256Kb/s up). ADSL2+ has a maximum of 24000/1000, and most people get near 800-900Kb/s for the upload (actual download speeds vary depending on the phone line attenuation).

Quote:
a T-1 line (1.44mbs costs around $1,100 USD monthly in my area)

Shocked How much would an OC-192 cost? Razz
jongoldsz
I have about a 15MB download and a 2MB upload.
Isn't Fiber Optics swell?
cfackler
Comcast cable connection, just tested at 1835 kilobits/second.
izcool
I have AT&T's Yahoo! DSL right now. According to DSL Report's Speed Test, this is what my connection is reading at :

Quote:
1069 Kbps Down
232 Kbps Up

I think my sister's downloading something, as that's maybe affecting the download and upload speeds on that test.

DSL Report's Speed Test (If anyone else was interested) : http://www.dslreports.com/stest

I think my parents are paying $30.00 a month to them as it's tied in with their Verizon Wireless cellphones, which I think knocks down the bill a little. It might be connected to the house phone too, I'm not exactly sure. That's what they told me a long time ago when I asked.

- Mike.
rajhank
My download speed is around 400 kbps.

And, every month I download around 1.5 GB of data and it costs around $35.

Very expensive I thing.
jayandsilo
512 download, 256 upload, 28 gigs a month. We're getting 15 megabits in the next couple weeks, it's gonna be awesome.
Loghete
Mine is 8/1 MBit (down/up), when testing at AuditMyPC:

Download: 6317 Kbps
Upload: 712.1 Kbps
ophir
928KBs 12USD month

cheap no?
Scorpio
Yep that is damn cheap..

What conn are you using
Vrythramax
Where are you people getting such great deals and seeds? I am a Systems Analyst for AT&T and I can't get those rates!

Help out a poor geek with some info please...PM me if you wish.

Thanks in advance.
Itachi
I have 56k dial up and it sucks my download speed is about 5kbps Sad I wish i had dsl but my mom wont get it.

~Itachi
rallyeni
2mb dsl 17 per month as fast as ill need 4 a while
webapp
512 /128 and 40GB
Vrythramax
Sad still no replies.
ryanh2006
Yeah Vrythramax I am feeling ya! I there's one thing that this post has tought me is that broadband prices are about as similar as black and white! I mean its nuts how much variation exists today between different vendors for the same connection! And this seems to be also true for the rest of the world. pretty dam interesting. I can't wait to see the day where the smallest connection available if a 50MBS line!! Maybe I should move to Hong Kong, I heard that you can get a 1GBS (yes 1 freaking gigabits a sec!!!) for somehting like $50. I think that I should get packing!!
abderrahmman
2mbit/s

special line
speedlikecy
my internet is 1024/384kbs

that's 1024 down, 384 up, and it's unlimited

i live in Malaysia
pay about RM88 or US23.5 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
afracsass
my connection is adsl, 768/128kbps for $30 usd. i'm in texas. Very Happy
in U.S. the broadband connection is really s*cks.
Diebels
Here in Portugal weve great ISPs...
Ive 16 Mbit ADSL2 connection with 1Mbit upstream
It rocks Very Happy
[FuN]goku
10 mbits Very Happy
selim06
thanks for all of your topics people and i think i should find a sollution for my internet...I've heard something about downloading by satellite so i want to ask is there anybody who uses it?And Do you suggest?
[FuN]goku
selim06 wrote:
thanks for all of your topics people and i think i should find a sollution for my internet...I've heard something about downloading by satellite so i want to ask is there anybody who uses it?And Do you suggest?
yeah i was gonna get it but... meh
Itachi
seeing all of these really fast connections make me feel inferior.

~Itachi
sibbahz
Im on NTL 1 meg, basically 1 meg download, 100k upload. Dont mind the service overall but the upload is a bit low.
Unlimited transfer though, 17.99 a month.
izcool
selim06 wrote:

My next door neighbor for awhile had satellite internet. He said that the download speed on it was pretty good (that's through the satellite) but you had to use a modem through the wall to upload, where the speed on that wasn't very good. It would be good for normal internet use, but not for hosting websites because of the slow upload speed. He got rid of satellite and switched to DSL since I told him how it was around the same price ($30.00 was his and mine) and got the faster connection. DSL uses a phone line too, but you need filters to block out the high-pitched signal. They should come with a DSL package if you get one automatically. If you need more, then check RadioShack and they'll have them.

- Mike.
guissmo
44kbps. That sucks. Sad
Lied
2 months ago i was on a adsl 384/128 and payed for it 40e/month limitless.Now am in lan with an ISP.
Comrade
i have 384kbps download speed and 5mbps upload speed. Costs about 23 euros. not bad but for torrents it is too slow...
selim06
izcool wrote:
selim06 wrote:

My next door neighbor for awhile had satellite internet. He said that the download speed on it was pretty good (that's through the satellite) but you had to use a modem through the wall to upload, where the speed on that wasn't very good. It would be good for normal internet use, but not for hosting websites because of the slow upload speed. He got rid of satellite and switched to DSL since I told him how it was around the same price ($30.00 was his and mine) and got the faster connection. DSL uses a phone line too, but you need filters to block out the high-pitched signal. They should come with a DSL package if you get one automatically. If you need more, then check RadioShack and they'll have them.

- Mike.

Thanks really i hope so i will change my satellite system and start downloading offline...
Scorpio
guissmo wrote:
44kbps. That sucks. Sad

Does yours download at 44kbps or is the connection speed 44kbps
elyo-luk
i have 1 mbps + calls free!!! (1 mbps is the telefonica minium adsl!!)
in spain we have maxium (for the normal people):
20 mbps + calls free per only... 19,95 euros per month (very very very cheap) and per two euros per month, television too!!!
darthfalk
My internet connections calls "Alice Flat", from Telecom Italia.

Download: 640 Kbps
Upload: 256 Kbps

It's a basic and economic flat: it does its work without any troubles.
Summer
mine is 1mbps wireless broadband..not vry fast thou
n0obie4life
1.5mb ADSL.

350kb upload if I'm not mistaken.

You know, sooner or later I'll be uprgading to 2mb Cable Rolling Eyes (hopefully this November).
mstreet
I'm not one-hundred percent sure what speed is my download and upload at the moment. I know its a bit pathetic. I'm on a wireless connection via broadband at the moment though and it's included in my rent.
joshdifabio
2mbit/0.25mbit - really pathetic upload speeds in the UK and the download speed seems to be only around 1mbit at the moment. But then i am with the worst ISP ever; Tiscali.
Comrade
u all can test your download and upload speed at
http://www.abeltronica.com/velocimetro/pt/?idioma=uk&newlang=uk
freeme
256 kbps.
erlendhg
I think we have a broadband connection with 4000 kbps download and 400 kbps upload.

It is Tele2 in Norway that delivers our broadband.

Well, its fast enough for me Razz

We also have a broadband telephone (I don't know if that is what its called in English...)
jsrahe
Downspeed: 324 kByte/s
Upspeed: 35 kByte/s)
usualy download volume is about 20 gb
flat and connection for 35, it's ok
william
256 kbps up and down with a cable modem. It's better than my old dial-up service. (26.4 kbps, 28.8 kbps when I'm lucky. Wink ) They're both priced at about $15 per month.
Jack_Hammer
2mbps