FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DO YOU CHEAT?

Scorpio
Do you cheat in games?

Using cheat codes and the like if you cant get through?

Why and when do you do it?

What was the first game you cheated in?

Share your experiences
TonkPilz
i dont realy like cheats to me a game is like a book or a movie and if u cheat u will useualy miss alot of the story or just ruin the whole idea ofa game

to me cheating is like reading the 5 last pages of a book and then saying you read the whole ting
Sebaci
I hate cheating Exclamation It's not fair. Only stupid people use this, who can't play withot it (and can't win) and they have a lot of fun. It's not funny, it's horrible
alkady
I usually cheat in offline games as a last resort if I spent god knows how long trying to get pass just one little plot. Sometimes when there is no cheats at all I have to spend hours just to get thru.

Just a few months ago on Star Wars Battlefront II, In the last mission "Our Finest Hour" on PC, I always get shot to death before I can plant the beacon. Since there was no cheats I must have spend 4 hours just to pass the thing and I wasted alot of time.

Cheating may seem stupid but it saves a lot of time, Time that no one has. Why spend weeks to get pass a little stupid section. Its a waste of time.
1one1
Once I beat the game, if there are codes that help you do stuff to just mess around and have fun then yes. But to cheat? No. Ruins the fun of the game since you'll beat it quickly.
linkman2004
I usually cheat once I make it through the game. The only games I've ever really cheated on though is Age of Empires and Age of Emipires II. Whenever I'm getting beat up by the computers that team up all the time I normally crack out the big daddys(cars with bazookas). Razz Tis a fun thing to do.
Alienz
I do used cheats in offline when I get bored of the game. But I hate people using cheats in online games Mad
ReidE96
cheating in an online game is wrong, end of. In an offline game I do use cheats after I've finished for some fun. Not to get through the thing. In Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 after I finished the game I used the lightsabre in first 6 levels cheat (you don't normally get it till end of level 6) cos it pwns the electroprod. And in multiplayer I sometimes do infinite health and ammo then take a rocket launcher and kill bots. So fun Very Happy
THELAW
I personally am against cheating, but when you cant beat a spot you just got to sue them health codes lol and joker them so they turn off lol. incase ur supposed to die. Like in SUikoden 4 ur supposed to lose that one battle near the beginning, and them health codes dont help lol.
Jayfarer
I cheat, mostly because I still get enjoyment out of it. Never in online games though, because that will actually affect other people.
AdamantMonk
I don't do it. I used to when I was younger but I've learned it saps all the fun out of playing it. Though I did mod Halo 2 for awhile (not online... for LAN parties) but only to mix things up, Like making the SMG shoot twice as much and fast and grenades, Shotguns shooting like 40 sniper rounds at once, that sort of thing.
elcyron
scorpio wrote:
Do you cheat in games?

sometimes in singleplayer games, never in multiplayergames

scorpio wrote:

that kind of sums it up. when i pay for hours and just cant get past this oneplace there's a simple choice, stop playing or cheat.

scorpio wrote:

boulder dash, i think...

scorpio wrote:

Share your experiences

i personally think chating is cheap. by cheating i admitt i'm not good enough a player to make it by myself. however in singleplayergames nobody gets hurt so i think it's okay.
Timoses
I did once... even online :s..

Soldier of Fortune II..
There was this one guy pwning everybody.... Aimbot and Wallhack as I
could see out of the page that he was listing like (after he got a lot of
complains):
"Wtf? just go to www.unknowncheats.com and get it yourself"
What did I do? I got it :s...
Sucks pretty bad. And it destroys your own gameplay. I actually was pretty
good at SoF2 and after I cheated with those poor Aimbots and Wallhacks
I lost all my skill.

Luckily I don't cheat any more at all Smile. (Except give health in some games..
offline in Single Player)
And I am good at Css Harhar. But suck at Cs..... but who cares.. old game -.-
mactox
I tried it once to see how it works in Enemy Territory, but actually i play better without them. It is really bugged to play with cheats and is completely unfair.

I never did it again and will never do it anymore.

I hate those whiners who play with cheats. Then even if you kill them they still whine about me cheating. I am really getting pissed. This all happened me too many times in Call of Duty 2. Now the patch is released with punkbuster it is more quiet and the ppl don't whine anymore Very Happy
benji2
whats the point in getting stuck on a game and wasting lots of time trying to get past it or even not playing the game anymore....i know once i cant beat a part of a game i get bored and discard it so for me cheating is good and if there wasnt cheats i would have no need for games because i would never get full use of them. i still get enjoyment from the games when i cheat so who cares..the idea of a game is to have fun.
Helios
Usually I don't cheat.

I only use the console/cheat-codes when I get stuck ecause of a bug in-game.
votd
Cheating/exploiting destroys every game's fun factor, unless you want to play your favourite game long.

Cheating makes game boring, useless, too easy and meaningless.

Easy?

If you are stuck in game - think, try try try!! And you will finally manage to do it with ease.
Jayfarer
votd wrote:
Cheating/exploiting destroys every game's fun factor, unless you want to play your favourite game long.

Cheating makes game boring, useless, too easy and meaningless.

Easy?

If you are stuck in game - think, try try try!! And you will finally manage to do it with ease.

Sometimes games make you try to the point where it's not fun anymore. That's when cheating comes in handy.
iiimcciii
benji2 wrote:
whats the point in getting stuck on a game and wasting lots of time trying to get past it or even not playing the game anymore....i know once i cant beat a part of a game i get bored and discard it so for me cheating is good and if there wasnt cheats i would have no need for games because i would never get full use of them. i still get enjoyment from the games when i cheat so who cares..the idea of a game is to have fun.

yes i agree that it's all about fun but i always try to consinder playing at lower difficulty levels first if the game supports it b4 cheating myself. the fun of success without cheating is different.
SkyBurner
Well, if i cheat in games its only after i finish the game in a normal way.
its not fun to have all the things u can wish for in the game...
pass it 1 time normaly and then cheat Twisted Evil
Nameless
I never cheat in games. Most of the fun in games comes from the challenge of trying to beat it - there's no fun if you take away that challenge. The harder the challenge, the better and more fun it is when I finally succeed. If you cheat to get passed a particularly hard part in a game, it takes away the fun not just for that part, but for the rest of the game, even the ending, because you know you shouldn't have gotten there, and you have failed the challenge.

HOWEVER, if I have played a game, and have 'mastered' it to the point where there is no challenge, or I am simply bored of that game's particular challenge, it's different. At this point most cheats are still pointless - why use a cheat for something I can do anyway? - but I do find some amusement in finding and doing all of the glitches and easter eggs in the game (especially console games, where this is more common).

I can not stand people who just cheat there way through a game and say they won it. If you cheat at all, even for a little thing, you have not won the game you have FAILED the challenge of winning. And what I can't stand even more is people who ask why I don't just cheat when I'm stuck on a level (and then they get some good old fasion Ironic Punishment and can't stand me ranting at them much like this post, but much, much longer).
rightclickscott
My latest comic, which I'm sure you've seen pimped out before, 30 Extra Lives, pays omage to the greatest cheat of all time, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. I kept using that same cheat in the Xbox version of Half-Life 2 to get a health pack. Ahh, I miss Contra.

I often find myself using cheats regularly to get past parts I normally cant. The time I really regreted cheating was in Medievil 2, when I couldn't get past the part in the town. It just kept annoying me, and, eventually, I just looked for a level skip cheat. When I found it, I realized that I missed a big part of the story. After beating the game, I went back to that level, every cheat in hand, to find a way to get past that one part. To this day, I have never beaten that level.
adiutrix
I HATE CHEATING
It fully ruins the game, a post near the top said cheating saves time, if your going to cheat for that reason save more time by not playing, you've just ruined the fun by putting in that cheat code anyway. My little brother cheats in everygame he finds (he complains and complains about not having enough so thats about 2 a week Wink ) Of course its because he cheats that hes finished the game within a few hours and wants more.
Rory
pawelsz
No, I don't like cheating! When I was younger, I have played game with cheats, but now I don't use them anymore. Playing with cheats is boring and it has no sense...
Mataf
Cheat is a big shit!!!
I hate that, I was in a good team in COD an the cheat has killed the game on the web!
rightclickscott
I do hate Modders on Xbox live, but I do have a friend who was banned from Halo 2 Matchmaking, but still plays some custom games with awsome stuff. He has also remodeled levels, remodeled guns, remodeled character models, created awsome games, and even added the Soccer Ball to Blood Gulch. I'm gonna do a miniseries with him called Mod Stories.

Still, I have cheated before, my favorite was the collection of modded cheats I got for Final Fantasy X-2. Just because I've been known to use cheats, does that mean that I'm not a good gamer without cheats? Of course not, I'll pwn you anyday. Besides, using some cheats can unlock some very cool content such as extra levels, harder difficulties, and alternate costumes. Cheating isn't a bad thing, it's just very misunderstood. There are, though, some bad codes that have ruined it for the rest of us. F*cking Godmodders.
mceejaydee
After I beat the game then I cheat. I use cheats in the harder modes.
yukimura_gw
I cheated with a Game Genie when i was kid. Now i wil never cheat and i will rarely look into a Game guide. Cheating ruin the way the game was meant to be played.
Commando_Sondre
No, I never cheat. And I'll never cheat in the future either.
Or, I cheat in Sim City 4 and in Empire Earth (offline) but never in online games.
When your cheating in online games, you destroy the game and the fun for the rest of the players.

I have cheated in HL2 after I won it 4 times, just wanted to ruin combine in the first mission.
theerawate
Sometime i use GAMEFAQ and CHEAT when i cannot pass some stage.
raman
I never use cheats and try to play the games fairly, that way it helps to develop skill. As well, using cheats defeats the challenge and inhibiits learning the skills required to suceed in the game.
Rank-1
sometimes i cheated Twisted Evil
zonymousbond007
Sometimes I do actually. If a game is too hard to complete, I occaisonally use cheats to get past it, although sadly it makes the game much less fun, which is a bad effect of cheating. Sometimes I cheat after beating the game to get fun things to do, which is better, I suppose. The best games are the ones that don't allow cheats, in my opinion.
sugarbox
I cheat for single player game only
because some mission is so hard T T

but in multi-player i don't cheat Confused
Saryon
I don't cheat. I've did it a lot a couple of years ago, but a game is so much more fun, when you can finish it without cheats. I have to admit I sometimes use gamewalkthoughs, but only when I'm really stuck, and don't know what to do anymore after 3 hours trying...
Psynthax
Cheating is lame, specialy with online gameplay..

I don`t even cheat when I play singleplayer games..
There is no real challange when you cheat and I think that it kills all the fun.
NewGuyinTown
I exploit in MMORPG if the GM do not care...
cheating in a single player game spoils the fun...

many exploits are because of ranged class... standing on top of a hill where monsters can't reach you... Lineage 2, Ragnarok Online, and many others that I can't remember... The AI of the monsters are very poor from a player's perspective.

I remember I just stuck a quarter in my keyboard so it can keep holding ctrl for maplestory. Razz
Vashni
i used to cheat, but now i rarely do. i might once an awhile if ive beet the game im playing it again and i dont want to play a certain part.
oskuro
Haha, no, i dont cheat, i dont like it, its just a coward way to get easier things, or just to know what to do in every situation, or if u talk about cheating online.... thats worst, so no, i dont like cheating!! Evil or Very Mad
rightclickscott
It's not really cowardly, it's just this:

There are so many things that the creators put into the game, and "cheaters" want to do all these things. How would you like some alternate costumes? Usually, when it comes to cheating, real, noble "cheaters" play through the game the best they can, and usually end up beating it, and then they put in cheats for even more fun. It is true that there are people who cheat right at the beginning with no remorse, and I hate those people. I even hate modders who play for rank and not for fun. But you shouldn't generalize cheaters with stereotypes pertaining to never playing fairly, because that's racist. You don't want to be racists, do you?
Hanpusu-kun
Sometimes I juse cheats, but its very rarely I do.

¨(GameFAQS is probably the best site on the internet for Walktroughs and Cheats, GO THERE!)
Michael B
I hate useing chets, it takes the fun out of the game and makes it too easy. I think that games are only fun when you can only just win, and also loose enough to make winning fun.

I don't play games an over lot, but realy if the game is so hard you have to chet, practice and get better, or don't play it!!

Michael
site.frih.net
eku53ru
I'm not a big fan of using cheats, but when I can't get past a level, I will end up using one out of frustration or utter annoyance. That tends to happen quite a bit whenever I want something out of a game.

I believe the first game that I cheated on was the first Wario Land game for Game Boy; it had been a cheat for editing your status for the game (number of coins, lives, etc.), and a friend of mine had discovered it by accident. She told me about it, and I couldn't resist using it.
Forgotten Legends
I am a noble cheater.

I cheat but I only do it in offline games after I have beaten it. I do this to pull out that little extra like makeing another character fight the final boss or just running through and killing everything and feeling like I am a god. I don't do it to get to the end of the game or in multiplayer.

The first game I cheated in was Sonic the Headgehog 3 & Knuckles. I used debug mode to use Knuckles and Tails fight the final boss of sonic's story and I made Sonic fight the final boss of Knuckles story.
lpbrasil
I hate cheats, cheats is only for noob, i never use cheat in games. Razz
mrbofh
oh, I cheated once in multyplayer game of Call of Duty! I had AimBot, wallhack, esp, and cheats like that. Now Iam in clan, and iam not cheating anymore! I say: "cheating is for noobs"!
Josso
It really depends which game for me. Some games are NOT WORTH playing without them and insanly difficult or just not fun at all. But some other ones are the oposite. I have never cheated in online games but games such as SimCity 3000 were so much more fun with the money cheat occasionly.
Manwho
I only cheat in footbal management games.

The first time I cheated was when I was playing CM 01/02, I used to save the game before an important match, and then if I lose that match, I can play it as many times until I win.

I dont like cheating, but I do it lot. I always search for cheats, although most times I dont find helpful ones.
zonymousbond007
I cheat while playing the Sims, because it is impossible to properly play it without cheats, in my opinion Razz

I do cheat for really impossibly hard games, I suppose so. Smile
clownFart
i only cheat in single player games. and i only do it when im stuck, bored, or playing the sims. lol
exarkun
if there is a difficult stage to pass, I would cheat. Then later, I would try to complete the level by my own abilities.
KSheriff
I don't ever cheat my first pass through a game. I am, however, willing to cheat after I've already beat a game.
sentinela
when i don't like the game that much i use cheats.... but when i realy like it....

i go all alone... all the way to the end.

i think its a personal satisfction when i end the game without any help.
djared90
There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for cheating in an online game, because you are most probably ticking everyone else off and they deserve to have fun, too.

Whether or not you cheat in offline games is your own decision, but I find it really satisfying when I get through a game completely by myself without cheating. I will admit that when I've gotten stuck for weeks in an adventure game with no hope of finding the answer I will try to find a site that dispenses hints, rather than full-blown walkthroughs. And once you've beaten the game once putting on "god" mode can be pretty fun.
s43ros
The only time I cheat is when I have beat the game/level/whatever. After you actually go through it, it's really fun to just go around messing with stuff. Most games anyway don't let you complete a level with cheat codes on.
Stinger
s43ros wrote:
The only time I cheat is when I have beat the game/level/whatever. After you actually go through it, it's really fun to just go around messing with stuff. Most games anyway don't let you complete a level with cheat codes on.

yea i do that alot with San Andreas lol Razz i like spawn massive planes n stuff it rocks! I play alot of Multiplayer games online , call of duty1 n 2 and Enemy territory and people use like wall hack n aimbots, its stupid i hate them we should burn the mutha f****rs, it gets on my nerves so much, they just spoil the game for everyone else, its alomost like robbing, i payed for this game so why should you make it misserable. Fortunatly they have punk buster sofware to try and catch them but i doesnt always work Sad
achene
To be honest i think it ruins the game when you cheat. a game is ment to be difficult and its not funny if you just write a cheat and win. wheres all the action then? a game is about having fun etc. not ruining it with cheats.
Arctos
Cheating is so childish. People who are cheating are showing to else they are noob couse they are usaing a cheats to win. Im playing much time in GTA SA multiplayers. And im pissing off when i see cheaters who ruined a fun. In some games anti-cheat is only a named couse this system is doing noting. Example, mutiplayer MTA:Race for GTA SA has anti-cheat but this system is a piss of shit couse i never seen a kicked cheater but i seen like u pressing "T" to type some in chat and u ae kicked from server (suspected cheating). I hope in SA-MP will be good anti-cheat system.

P.S. F**k all cheaters in Ass. I have 1 good Idea hw stop cheaters cheating. Send them a Bios Virus and this shall help. If not than send thenm another Bios Virus , and etc. this is very good way.
Scorpio
Arctos wrote:

P.S. F**k all cheaters in ***. I have 1 good Idea hw stop cheaters cheating. Send them a Bios Virus and this shall help. If not than send thenm another Bios Virus , and etc. this is very good way.

If that ever happens, half the gamers in this world would be without systems
grogking
The main reason I cheat in games is because I hate doing the same thing over again, such as in strategy games, where you build up tons of resources and then lose them between levels and have to start over again. I just want to play the game, not do mundane chores for the first half hour.
LethcanAernis
Cheating destroy the fun of winning! we all have honour and winning by cheating takes away all pride.

To active add cheat codes is bad I think... some minor error in the software I don't know. I remember old Sid's Civilization.. you could sentry a transport and unload another transport and you got more moves in the same round... or build so many citites in land and move a battleship on land... not really cheating but weird.

But the worse heating of all is in roleplay or gameboard when people cheat with die:s.. I can't stand people.. or people in monoply by "misstake" take a bit more money etc... destroy for everyone.

If you play alone and cheat on yourself I guess it is ok.. but to destroy for others.. no!
Insanity
I cheated through GTA: SA once just to get the storyline and everything, but then the game glitched up when I was almost through because of some cheat. Lesson learned there.
no_name
Sometime. When i have very hard stage or when i have fun for game.
I cheat then when i cant/dont play anymore.
time_ar
Cheating in a solo-player game is acceptable. It's just a personal favor to do it or not.

However, Cheating in a multiplayer game, for example, an online game like Battilefield 2, etc, is merely disgusting. It changes the fairplay ground of the game and make it unpleasant for those who want to play it fair.
Moe479
the word 'game' its self forbid any attemp to cheat, of exploid or lame playing, if anyone realy like tho cheat he should become a politcan they do nothing else all the day! Rolling Eyes
kill_bill
Start game.
enter sv_cheat 1
enter sv_restart 1
enter impulse 101 - all weapon
god on - you GOD
noclip (on/off)

FOR HALF_LIFE
Scorpio
I guess you cant post cheats here, or can you?
ReidE96
I don't think so. But for single player games I see no problem.

Cheating that spoils it for others is WRONG. Cheating to complete the game because you can't is WRONG. Cheating for some fun once you've beaten the game is ok (like my infinite hp and ammo with a rocket launcher vs bots Very Happy)
eddy
I cheat only on offline games like GTA SA, Need For Speed Most Wanted ect...
DeFwh
The only time i would cheat is if i was being cheated which is sort of fair since its only a game.

All i can say for all you ppl who cheat is run and hide because PunkBuster, VAC , and all those other Martyrs of antihack programs dont care about you they care about kicking you out for a better experience
burzum
as i grow up i understand cheating eventually will lead to boredom! so i try not to cheat! Moreover since i play MMORPG most of the time cheating is not really possible and scamming people...well i don't like to be called a scammer so i guess i am a "good" player Rolling Eyes
Bengt
Plz dont cheat, especially in multiplayer games Exclamation
mrbofh
I was cheating few years ago.... I cheated in Multy player Game, but soon they saw, so i stopped!
Manzoku-kan
I think cheats are very nice... some of them.

For example: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
You can make the passenger more aggressive. It's funny to see how they fights again each other.

But in general I don't play with cheats because even if you fix the level you always got the feeling you've failed it. In fact you didn't fix it. You just cheat. And that's the reason why I don't cheat.
Maryndor
Hell no! The cheaters made me forget about Counter-Strike! That's... horrible! Now I play CS only 5v5 and if I really trust in opponents and I'm in good mood. Thanks god there's no cheaters in BF2 for now, or at least I didn't spotted them.

There's only once when I chated and it was in a quest game. I really love the quests but that one was extremly hard.
Jumba
scorpio wrote:
Do you cheat in games?

Share your experiences

erm, yea I cheat Very Happy

First game I cheated in...that's hard, I think GTA3

it was like 4 years ago..

I discovered cheatplanet Surprised ( btw cheatplanet SUCKS now )

I started to cheat because I could'nt win that mission where you have to kill this guy that was transported in an ambulance, and there were tons of decoys.

It was fun Twisted Evil
I got a tank and blowed every ambulance that I saw to hell Evil or Very Mad grr
I acomplished the mission since the first time Smile

Since then I have always cheated..

and btw, I do not think cheaters are noobs, some cheats are just fun, like I did'nt finish 1 GTA serie, I just play and drive around and cheat, like for example in GTSA its fun to cheat!
get a jetpack, fly planes, spawn monstertrucks and ride around...
Everyone cheats, even though they say they dont I am 100% sure they did it once...

NOTE:
Altough people thaT cheat in online games should f*ck off..
Cheating is fun in 1 player, not online.
tuncay
I think cheating is LAME.
FriBogdan
If i play a game i prefer to NOT cheat. It is not good for u. U can get bored very very quick if u play a offline game....and u cheat Sad. Think about it...many cheats do one thing >> jump over the game's creator challenges. If u don't need to think...u don't need to play. It is like u are viewing TV or something like this. If u are cheating at a online game it is something else....u can beat other players...but this is lame and u are not playing fair for others...never do this !

\0/ Peace.
DeFwh
like if its single player its usually funner for u and in multiplayer games u hurt other ppl

do you like to be hurt?

I dont like to be hurt so i fight hacks with hacks when i have to but thats just me i aint no love thine enemy person i more of fairness is decided on the battlefeild.... if u kick me in the nuts im going to do the same or worse

or like in the 40 yr old virgin if u dont like ill punch your f***ing head in.
totax
I heave tryed to cheat...But that was only 10 min just to see how it was:P
I'm so sick of Cheater's specialy speedhacker's in Counter-Strike!
Jumba
totax wrote:
I heave tryed to cheat...But that was only 10 min just to see how it was:P
I'm so sick of Cheater's specialy speedhacker's in Counter-Strike!

Well, wont the admins ban them>??
On mta everyone that cheats gets a permban..
And if they come back they get a dns ban Twisted Evil
Ljsk
Cheating is the gift man gives himself.
Alan S
I made the massive mistake of cheating in counterstrike source , i was using a wall hack so i could see through walls , i got VAC banned and that was that....that should be a warning to everybody its not worth cheating i bought a new copy of cs and that was that im still playing now and im after getting so good i dont need to cheat anymore , it really annoys me now if i see someone cheating , there usually 11 or 12 yr olds with nothing better to do or else they just cant play properly , just a warning to everyone DONT CHEAT , it doesnt pay off just practise instead and you'll feel good when you win by yourself
Scorpio
Alan S wrote:
I made the massive mistake of cheating in counterstrike source , i was using a wall hack so i could see through walls , i got VAC banned and that was that....that should be a warning to everybody its not worth cheating i bought a new copy of cs and that was that im still playing now and im after getting so good i dont need to cheat anymore , it really annoys me now if i see someone cheating , there usually 11 or 12 yr olds with nothing better to do or else they just cant play properly , just a warning to everyone DONT CHEAT , it doesnt pay off just practise instead and you'll feel good when you win by yourself

Sometimes cheats really backfire..

In GTA when I tried using a innovative cheat all my save games were blown away(it was not a bug or virus).

Like, it changed my entire scenario there.
roadruner
I used to cheat in my first years of playing games (my really n00by years Wink)
but now i'm better so don't have to cheat

my cousin on the other hand is an obssesed cheater Razz
when we're in the same room and i'm playing a game and get stuck in a situation in the game i almost immediately hear the words:"Why don't you cheat?"
Very Happy
Jaufrey
I hatte cheating !
that remove every interrest in the game ... a game is made to be played without cheats, so we must respect the developer's work.
bercha
haha.. i always cheat...

the first game that i've cheated on was the Sims... I use it to unlock everything to make life easier.

some other games, i only use game FAQs
hodgenpodg
cheating is a terrible thing to do...well unless your cheating in school then its a terrific thing to do
bigdan
Occasionally....if I'm buggered in a game Razz
roadruner
bercha wrote:
haha.. i always cheat...

the first game that i've cheated on was the Sims... I use it to unlock everything to make life easier.

some other games, i only use game FAQs

c'mon! sims?! Razz
i guess you're just one of those sunday players like my cousin Razz

well it's people like that, that keep the cheat sites running Wink
AzTeK
i only cheat after I have completed a game, just to see what it would feel like to be lv 99 before the first boss, the games were cheating is most interesting for me was the FF series...
izimngcubes15
The only things I cheat for is like extra items and that's probably it. I never cheat to get ahead faster or cheat to beat a boss easily, it doesn't give me experience....unless I was really frustrated. Razz
VX.Agent
Online cheaters should die in a horrible death, it ruins the experience for other people. I don't play Halo 2 anymore because of the cheaters.

But cheating in the solo can be really cool. GoldenEye 007, nuff said Dancing
thuganomics
I always cheat cause i never get pass those hard levels that needs thinking XD, im so lazy... But i NEVER cheat online, cause im to professional for that Wink
win66
scorpio wrote:
Do you cheat in games?

Share your experiences

I will use cheat when play offline game (singleplayer games) but not every time.Although I use cheat, but I not like people use cheat in Online game because is not fat for other people.
menwhatdorockbaby
I don't cheat on online games, And i don't think anyone should because it makes it more difficult for people who are new to the game and arent as hardcore as expert gamers.
Though i do look at the odd walkthough to help me with biitsof levels but that's allowed
Dj Redrum
I don't see the point in buying a console and then a game just for you to start entering codes in at the first site of trouble.

Games are there to play and enjoy of knowing that you have completed it without having to cheat.
wapkralj
I don't support cheating but sometimes when you know that you are very good in same game,and you know that you are able to finish some level,but it is going on your nervs then you just must to cheat.I don't cheat in AoE II never for exampler,but in GTA I always cheat Very Happy
raymond8341
Some games if you don't use cheats u also can't get through it Confused
AG007
VX.Agent wrote:
Online cheaters should die in a horrible death, it ruins the experience for other people. I don't play Halo 2 anymore because of the cheaters.

But cheating in the solo can be really cool. GoldenEye 007, nuff said Dancing

Yeah.
They ruin the game for others, that is why I play games that have some type of guard against those dummies.
magneto_ms
I rarely cheat in games.
I think the first time I did was in the game Caesar III in which i cheated to get past some levels and soon became caesar.
But not entertaining that way.Sad
Anyway now i am done Caesar III the normal legal way! Clear conscience.!
orlandu63
I cheat on *ORPGS otherwise I see no point to it whatsoever.
hiiers
I admit it. I have cheated. But now i made myself a little rule. I can only cheat AFTER i beat the game -- so then with the cheats i can experiment and just fool around!

BTW ... Cheats are awesome even though its unfair. Why else would games create something that enables cheating? Surprised
kansloos
I used to use cheats a lot, but I stopped using them.
they make the game boring.
Cheats are only fun when you already completed the game.
darth_revan
kansloos wrote:
I used to use cheats a lot, but I stopped using them.
they make the game boring.
Cheats are only fun when you already completed the game.

yeah, just like you said. Especially if you're playing a RPG, cheats doesnt allow me to have fun... But, if you're playing a game like TES, i suggest you make your own mod after completing the game, for example, a spell making some of your skills 100 will help you a lot... but if you havent completed it yet, it'll make the game boring, because in games, you try to be stronger, But if you cheat, you're stronger that you dream to be... damn!
sogasg
I only cheat in a game afther I have completed it, becouse if you ar using cheats you dont realy complete the game.

Like in GTA you can use cheats when you have completed it.
raman
I think that cheating defats the purpose of the game, I would rather have the challenge of attempting to defeat it without any outside help.
rajhank
using cheats in games is of no use.

I never use cheats.
Eyre
i use cheats sometimes. depends on the situation. if it's a mad hard game (Universal combat) i use cheats. i also might play through the game once wth cheats, then once without and vice versa.
cghq
i hate cheaters! expecially ones that cheat to win when they are playing multiplayer! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ashok
ya i do.. only in single player games when i'm stuck in any stage..
The Conspirator
Only when I've been stuck fro a long time.
n0obie4life
I cheat for games like GTA and some others.

Definately not on online games doh, like Counter-Strike 1.6 and stuff, I don't want my account VAC banned Wink.
yaashop
normally i will cheat on ofline game coz i wanna finish it faster, but for online games i will jsut play for fun so no point to cheat.
nrjarchow
I some what doubt that all of these posts are honest. It seems like way more people cheat these days then ever before. If something becomes know, people use it to their advantage.

But I would guess that more advanced cheating doesn't happen by that large of a percentage fot he population. Botting and such is pretty difficult and far to easy to detect.

But if you consider looking up information about say quests as cheating I bet the majority of people do it.

So then does the question become: If a cheat was available to you, would you use it? I think a lot of people would in online games if they could and didn't think they would get caught.
meb09
i dont cheat i like to play games without cheating
also multiplayer cheat i dont use i hate it
Cheating in online computer games is a broad category of activities, all of which are generally regarded as modifying the game experience in a way that gives a player an unfair advantage over the other players. Depending on the game, different activities constitute cheating, as it is often a matter of consensus opinion.

Cheating exists in all multiplayer, online computer games. While there have always been cheat codes and other ways to make single player games easier, most developers attempt to prevent it in multiplayer games. With the release of the first popular Internet multiplayer games cheating took on new dimensions. Previously it was rather easy to see if the other players cheated, as most games were played on local networks or consoles. The Internet changed that by increasing the popularity of multiplayer games, giving the players anonymity, and giving people an avenue to communicate cheats
Schmarvin
I've only cheated in games after I've beaten them. Just to see if I can get another outcome, ya know?
BoB RaStAcOoL
I try to cheat in cs but when i try to connect a server the game quit Laughing
Rebzie
i don't cheat to get past a part in a game the only time i cheat is for fun. Like in the Sim moving them into random places eg when they are on the toilet into the living room or wen they are asleep into the shower. or god modding a lvl i've already done. I have also used a cheat to get past an area that wouldn't load due to disk scratch.
megafx
oh come off it guys, there are some games where it is actually more fun to cheat, The GTA series Cheats ring any bells?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=Grand+Theft+Auto&searchplatform=All+Platforms

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=548931&tp=3.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=924362&tp=3.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=561641&tp=3.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=466217&tp=3.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=914983&tp=3.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=561545&tp=3.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=925776&tp=3.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=468550&tp=3.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=925634&tp=3.html

YAY Cheats Galore!
rms230
my first game i cheated on was gta sanandreas and it was acwe the things you can get with cheats i have completed it without cheats which felt good but cheats allow you to unlock things in the game which you would have to wait ages for
Hanpusu-kun
first game I cheated in?
hummmm....
probably som gameboy game
XeononyX
I don't cheat until I have beat a game (usually RPG) which I hardly even play online. But the way I cheat is completely different than the usual. Usually I will goto a map or world editor and make something up original and make some monsterous items and experience, and then if bored will swing em back through the regular campaigns just for giggles. That's how I 'cheat' if you can call it that.
butterflyfields
I guess everyone has cheated in a game in their whole lives. I ahve cheated in console games like Playstation and Gamecube. My fovorite is Gamecube. My favorite game is Zelda, like Zelda the Windwalker. I HAD to use a walkthrough to pass the game. The confusion of the game is unbelieveable, and I like to pay games fast and this one was long even witht eh walkthrough. It took me like a wekk with the walkthrough, withought it, it would have taken like 10 months, something I would hate. But cheats like infinite ammo, or 100% sheild forever is a cheat that I hate. Means that you can win in every situation, you have to work hard for it, not let it win for you. The Zelda game I use a walkthrough because I need it, but it doesn;t give me any advantage in the game. I jsut know where Im heading and what to do. That's my say. I think chating can be aloud for really hard walkthorughs, but not allowed involving like superpowers or infitite ammo.
elh_merc
Doesn't anyone else get satisfaction in beating someone you know is cheating? Like in a FPS, someone using a wallhack or aimbot and you still beat them? I love it. Cool
DeadMen
yeah i do cheat. especially when it's Oblivion because the game was especially long and hard to beat on medium level. And also the game have puzzle and bugs that i'm unaware so i just some console code to get out the trap. i can't stop myself. too greedy lol
ashen
I dont like to cheat and always try to never cheated as long as I can do it without cheat.
tommy18503
Of course not!
Cheating is resulting a word --- BAN!

So I never cheat! @_@
Docnka115
i never cheated. One time cheat in GTA: Vice City. But when I cheated, i was already done this game.
Schmarvin
Well, when I do cheat, its usually to go all out ownage on the other people, whether it be monsters or just other opponents.
chargoyle
The only time I will cheat is in some game like Tony Hawk where you've got some retarded gap or something to find that you're never going to happen upon by yourself. But I will NEVER cheat in a multiplayer or online game. Other than the cheaters, I think anyone who has ever played games like Halo 2 know how sucky it is to come up against standbyers, bridgers or any other form of cheaters. If you're not good, there's no point in trying to look it.
mtoni
Well, apparently I cheated WoW cuz I got a suspended account.
I still don't know why....

I try to never cheat with games, cuz it wont give you the satisfaction when you complete a game... If I really cant get trough a stage, ill use a gamefaq, and thats all.
DeathPact
I ussually cheat when i'm bored or wanna skip some parts of the game or make it more "interesting". Fly mode for example in some fps games is kickass:D Other than that cheating is kinda lame, you're not enjoying the full potential of the game
David_Pardy
I used to cheat in a lot of DOS games when I was much younger, as I got older and my motor skills got better I stopped cheating.

I've completed Duke Nukem 3d on the 2nd highest difficulty without cheats, except for ONE tiny point on level 4 of the space station I think (episode 2) where a door wouldn't open which should have done and I had to use the no clipping cheat to make it open, but that was it. One of the fun things to do in DN3d was to put on God mode, give yourself plenty of ammo, and then fly around everywhere on the jetpack strafing everything Very Happy.

Another you can do in DN3d is edit text files to change the power of weapons, explosion radii, etc. so you set a shotgun's power to 1500 and it sends enemies bouncing all over the place Very Happy.

Oh, and another thing that was great fun was after I completed GTA3 (on the PC) I used the cheats to give pedestrians weapons and for them to become aggressive. I then used the tank cheat and drove around squashing them, they're blowing each other up left right and centre. It was bliss.

That was after flogging about 6 tanks from the army by sniping people and blowing up stuff from one of the glass windowed places on the second island (without cheats). I was pro at that game Wink.
Fulgore217
I cheat when I either beat the game or get board trying to beat the game. once its lost its fun playing with out cheats is usally when I do.
XxGunner
I used hax oncee in a game and it wasnt very fun i got bored so fast...so from then on ive never used any hax...i do use cheats tho after i get bored of a game i get like infnite bullets or god mode...w/e there is u know....

but anyways hacking sux and it aint no fun for anyone so ya...be legit more fun
notaznatall
Yes....I too have cheated, but i was probably 5 or 6 and I was on my SNES(Super Nintendo) playing Spiderman and accidentally i hit the game cartridge and I was like NOOOOOOO and all of a sudden i had weird characters where my lives were supposed to be at, and just as i suspected..... I had infinite lives aND BooM Go SPiDeY!

-The EnD- Very Happy
Tatsumaru
Nah I only cheat when I beat a game and there's not much left to do... like in the GTA games, when you've played through the story I'll use the weapon cheat from time to time for fun. But no cheating in the way from 'I can't get through this point without cheating! *cheats*', that's kind of weak.
[FuN]goku
i dont cheat anymore but when i was like 6 i use to cheat at games.. .cuz i was young and afraid to die in games... but im past that phase... cheating takes the fun out of the games.
chirag
I used to cheat when i was small. Not now. Razz
job1782
Cheat ? Yes Razz Medal Of Honor AA Lan Game Razz
NewGuyinTown
If you really want to cheat in RPG and action online, go play in a server filled with bots.

It makes no sense that you cheat and spoil the hardwork others put into it. But that how life works. I want to cheat you... How does that feel? Good? Immoral mortals!
SnoopDizzile
I haven't for years..did when was stupid but not now..

My theory (For Online games..who cares about playing by your self on you ps2 Razz )..is that you only use cheats because you can't beat your opponent, which means you suck.

Lil harsh but its the truth...don't cheat, thats for people that can't play

Snoop
Dimsum
I cheat after i've completed a game...

Cheating kind of add's Replay value to a game, but i wouldn't want to cheat on an online game coz thats just being sad.

And cheating on a game like San Andreas when your stuck is a different matter....

But everyone cheats sometime in their life.
Insideout
Well, when I'm not saving, I use the cheat codes for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City... Otherwise, I don't really know any of them. I just think it's fun to kill people on Vice City... I'm odd. =/;;
I use the walkthroughs for Final Fantasy, though...? Does that count as cheating? xD;;
7more
My first game i cheated Confused
GTA i think Very Happy
xmenvn
some time i use cheating but in some action game,there no cheat and sometime i pass them all Wink
MythicalMuffin
I don't cheat.

I ask friends for hints on video games sometimes, or look something up on GameFAQ to see if I missed any little "easter eggs" (though I usually find most of those by accident anyway), but cheating is pointless.

If the game's so hard you have to refer to a guide for everything, why not just find something easier to play?
linexpert
I don't cheat in a game. Cheating ruins the game.
Even though i don't cheat i did cheat while playing multi theft auto a couple weeks ago.
If you don't know MTA is just an addon to grand theft auto to be able to play online. The reason i cheated was cause there was a player who was using hacks and kept killing all the other players, who didn't cheat. He wouldn't stop and since there were no admins on the server at the moment noone could kick him off the server. I had to cheat to kill him with a shotgun at short range, the only way i knew to kill a person who was using a hack. He quit the server after about ten minues of me killing him and i disabled the cheats.
If you were in my spot would you have used the cheats?
chat
I cheat always,in every game,i know that i can finish every game,so i don't have nervous to play it to end.And want know what happens at end so I cheat.
lindsaylohan
I cheat only the sims 2.
I only use that money cheat and boolprop. I like and hate that code same time because it is useful and that causes error's and some kind that Razz
rightclickscott
Why is this thread so popular!? Everyone is just saying the SAME EXACT THINGS!
linexpert
chat wrote:
I cheat always,in every game,i know that i can finish every game,so i don't have nervous to play it to end.And want know what happens at end so I cheat.

Do you get the same joy when you beat the game that you get by not cheating. I really don't get that excitement when i have cheated. Very Happy
chat
Yes I do,when i cheat i got same excitment because I know that I can win without cheating,but need lot of time,i don't cheat a lot of in one game,i just love to cheat when know that can win Smile
Pitiousss
Yes I CHEAT because i want to finish quickly th e game !
immortal
I never use cheat in games all my games are completed without cheating.
jyeslick
i like to finish a game without cheating at all, the only times i cheat are when i get far in a game and someone deletes it on me OR if i get really really stuck or the game gets boring, then ill CHEAT
HL9881
I think Cheat is not a good thing.

I love to have everything by myself.

And if we cheat, it will lose the meaning of games...
jarcelao
Sometimes I cheat, sometimes I don't. But most of the times, I don't.

I only cheat once I get stucked in a game and coudn't find a way to move on and continue the game. Wink
Ghost900
I almost never cheat but I may cheat if I have already won the game but I am bored so then I can just kill and not die Very Happy
Summoner01
Cheat is only for n00b's. Cheat's destroy a fun of game. The game will be too easy... I SAY NO CHEAT'S
tefa_taftaf2010
loooooooooooool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheat in games is the best thing to my friends but i dont use it

they all laugh at me as i never use it because i play the level in the game in three or four days

but to be honest it's more interesting when i play it for long time
Scorpio
Ghost900 wrote:
I almost never cheat but I may cheat if I have already won the game but I am bored so then I can just kill and not die Very Happy

precisely, once, win the game without cheats

Next, use cheats and blow out the oppposition mercilessly
matttai
i find cheating makes the game lose its playability VERY fast
there simply isnt any challenge at all
however i dont mind making use of exploits if they are not too heavily biased in favour of the player
budazz
I only cheat if i feel that the AI is also cheating Very Happy
looksbad
umm well i make hacks.. for games.. *not online ones thought thats very very lame.. i dont even publish mine*-I just make small hacks for games where im really stuck or i just wonder if i can get a working one Laughing

I dont like cheat codes.. they are rubbish unless you complete the game and it lets you have cheats Smile (like tomb-raider -legends) I only like my hacks because its faster than typing a code.. i would never use them in online play or play where its against a human...

So yeah i cheat in a few games not publicly though
Hogwarts
The first game I ever cheated in was... Pokémon Red. Embarassed

You all MUST remeber the missingno. cheat, don't you? Duplicate items in 6th slot. Those were the good days Cool
MonkeyWrench
no i dont cheat, mainly because i dont know how Smile, but if i did i dont think i would do it Razz
RoughitforGreen247
I think just saying cheating is good or bad is a very ignorent opinion. Imao, cheating at a game after you beat the game is a way to enjoy more aspects of a game once you have exhausted the basic gameplay. Anyone else here have fun with those machine-gunning cars in AoE:2?

Also, hacking can also be a form of game. When hacking is done to gain an advantage in competitive gameplay I would frown upon it, but it too can be a form of game. Hacking is popular because of the challenge, the challenge to beat the system and be better at hacking than the game developers are keeping you from hacking. As many in this topic have expressed the worthwhileness of a challenge, I'm sure you can understand how this challenge can be entertaing.

Finally, there have been many times in games when I got stuck and spent so long trying to beat a certain level that I got frustrated and stopped playing the game altogether. If, during those times I had had a cheat that would get me past just that one level, I am sure that I would have gotten more out of the game by being able to play the levels following the difficult one.
josh.duval
Usually I will try and get through the entire game, then the second or third time through I might cheat just to make things a little different for games that might get repetative. Everyone has to admit the GTASA is so much fun with cheats! Very Happy
zlang
once i try to cheating,but after a find it is so stupid,only weaker one will like do that and now I hate cheating,i don't want anybody cheating in counter-strike Exclamation
Hojo
when i started to play games i used cheats frequently, first games i cheated in were Age of Empires and Star Craft. In Star Craft i cheated past some missions etc and in Age of Empires i cheated in multiplayer games agains computer enemies and used cheats like faster building. the disadvantage to that is that the computers also built faster and i still lost, shows that cheating doesnt really help much.

Nowadays i dont cheat anymore, games just arent any fun if you cheat. as said before they get too easy, which makes the game get really boring. its nice to have a challenges, and if you have trouble getting past a part, you feel even better when you finally do without cheating.
mikajoh
budazz wrote:
I only cheat if i feel that the AI is also cheating Very Happy

haha, i agree with you ^^
kaokae
I use cheats in the harder modes. first game I cheated in Heroes of might and magic 3 with artmoney.
houyin
I'll cheat only if there are some problems which i cant really solve them.
destructivenature
I rarely cheat in games. I think it really takes the fun out of them and ruins what the developer was trying to accomplish. One of the best parts of video games is the progress towards and the act of accomplishing whatever the final goal may be. If you make that easy, it just takes all the reward out of it.
ddukki
I only cheat when the game has a cheat system that allows you to. Sometimes I'll give in to taking advantage of glitches and cheat programs, but rarely ... *cough*
rayx
I only cheat when the game deserve to be cheated. Like making the gameplay so hard that it is really impossible to finish the game without cheats.
silentlythinking21
I cheat. Although, I only cheat once certain things are met:
1. I have already finished the game
2. The cheat provides a fun alternative to play the game, not an easier way.
3. The cheat doesn't harm others.

This way, I've already beaten the game, so I can vouch for my skills, I get something out of cheating, which makes anything worthwhile, and I don't harm anyone in doing so, which is something to keep in mind throughout life. I can't say the first game I cheated in, but I guess it would be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The bottle cheat, where you can make a new bottle with an item you don't need. It wasn't even a true "cheat,"because it happens to to an error in the code.
sondremj
I use cheats on hard games
dommemg
I only cheat on PS2 games, not on pc games.
ddukki
silentlythinking21 wrote:

This way, I've already beaten the game, so I can vouch for my skills, I get something out of cheating, which makes anything worthwhile, and I don't harm anyone in doing so, which is something to keep in mind throughout life. I can't say the first game I cheated in, but I guess it would be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The bottle cheat, where you can make a new bottle with an item you don't need. It wasn't even a true "cheat,"because it happens to to an error in the code.
That's what I would have said if I had a better mind ... and a better vocabulary. The Zelda Cheat isn't counted as a cheat because you lose that particular item. It's more of a tradeoff to me.
reddishblue
I cheat after i beat the game and nevr on online games like well of souls Twisted Evil
DeathPact
depends what use has the cheat.

as i said before:

in single player games i will start use them when the game start to be annoying and boring
in multi player games is slight different, i dont use bots and stuff but i like to try them out to see what impact do they have on the game, or try stuff to exploit in a mmo.

cheats does not ruin the game, is almost how they use them.
ncwdavid
I only cheat when i get realy realy sick of a game and I cant do something. I cant help it.
azrael85
I only cheat when I am stuck on a certain part and I can't win at it. After I get finished with that part, I save and start over from where I Last stopped without the cheats activated.
shadeR
dommemg wrote:
I only cheat on PS2 games, not on pc games.

that's also lame :/
xzoz92
i never cheat unless its neccesary to save a couple of hours so that i can run around having fun after the only game i cheat just for the sake of it is gta but there i never even try to play the game as u shoudl i just run around killing everything that moves especially the police helis
rpgmaker
Well i find that cheats are not the answer unless u cant beat a boss, cant get passed a level, want to be imortal. Otherwise cheats are not needed. I use cheats all the time because of those reasons but any othe rones i will on use cheats. Just kidding i use cheats all the time. Cheats are the way to go even if its a cheat to beat the game lol i dougt soemone would do that Smile
JML897
I never cheat on my first run through a game. It ruins the experience, in my opinion. On the second run through I'll use cheats, sure.

Now, for online games, I never cheat.
Lychee
When I get a game I first play it "normaly".
When I'm done with it sometimes i do cheat…
But if i do so its just fur fun Cool .
I'm not like the ultimet cheater, just a sometimes cheater who likes fun gaming.
jefry66
I used cheats only if the offline game starts boring.
EoD-Oblivion
Well I do cheat if I can't get pass a certain part of the game after trying for a long period of time. Most of the time I can get past it. I don't use cheats really until after I finish the game first. Then, I start over using cheats to just mess around with the game to have a little more fun.
Sl1cK
I never have or ever will cheat in any game. I despise cheaters.
dpsthree
Cheating is the most pointless thing you can do in a game, it was designed to be played without cheating. In everything that is done in life, its always the journey, not the destination that is important. Gaming is no different.
Dragate
dpsthree wrote:
Cheating is the most pointless thing you can do in a game, it was designed to be played without cheating. In everything that is done in life, its always the journey, not the destination that is important. Gaming is no different.

Sort of... It's not pointless though... If you are really stuck, you do know that sometimes it discourages people to play more?

Same with the life quote about the journey. Very good, but not always true. It is the journey. Most people cheat by cheating "just a bit" just becuase they are stuck. It really sometimes makes it more fun ^^. It's sort of like, play an rpg, getting stuck then getting someone else to tell you what to do...

Really, why is cheating seen as such a bad thing? Well, on board exams i guess it's wrong and stuff becuase it gives you an unfair advantage, but normally, like this topic is about, in games there really is no harm.

silentlythinking21 wrote:

exatly how we are thinking. Remember this topic, guys, is about gaming. ^^
andreh182
Cheat ?

Yesss !

hahaha...

The games are more cool with cheats...
izimngcubes15
I used to a lot, but I found out, it;s really boring :/
D'Artagnan
i cheat in games when i want to get in somepalce that i was, like in some leves-fps that i don't ended and lost my saved game...

sometimes i cheat in games to make fun GTA is a sample, use the cheat to be invencible and the cheat to make everyone hate u hu? xD

to get trought levels or in online games never.. where is the fun in it?
billys
Sometimes, probably when the game is kind of boring but I want to continue it (like Age of Mythology), or sometime I do both, play a bit once and then cheat (like Sims). There are some games well that I would never ever would cheat (Civilization 3)...
jimbluey
hehe... I only use cheat if i cant defeat a boss.. /heh
but its fun to use cheat after u finished the game.. /heh
Coclus
really i always use cheats its so funny when 100 enemies try to kill me and can do nothing they only die theirthelves. i think cheating makes every game funnier i also cheat in games like windows minesweeper or pinnball 3d^^
m_furquan36
I dont like using cheat codes and stuff in games i really get into...i like finish the game once then if i want to play it over in a casual way then perhaps i might use a cheat or to but to really enjoy the game u go through it first by not cheating as you get no challange at all.
I really hate it when people like casually approach a game puzzle and like immediatly start searching the net for solutions Razz now seriously tell me wheres the fun in that Razz
noliver
Sometimes you miss a clue in a game and if you dont want to start it all over again then you have to cheat Smile I try not to .. but sometimes the temptation is just to great and then I create an unbeatable character with super weapons and just blas through all the stages.
Coclus
jeah this is really funny i always do this i never paly without cheats because i think its better with them try it out its cool
Bourgondier
cheating sucks, a game had to be a challenge, so dont cheat!
ElementZero
Yes i admit i am dirty cheater Razz

When a game comes boring i always search cheats for do something of funny.

God/Skip level cheats are lame.
Spawn cheats are the best thing to make someone to play with.
MAXDAMAGE
i never cheat online i just dont see the point. Getting a better score because you cheat dosent prove anything.
I can understand cheating offline if you are realy stuck but you have to be careful not to do it to much as it sucks the fun out of the game.
joshumu
I only cheat on GTA
twilightmoon
i cheat after the i beat the game and i really bored i cheat and see what all i can do Razz
jon9314
yes in offline games after i have compleated it(fun to be invincible with unlimited ammo)
never in online games (ruins the game for all)
MYP415
No I hate cheats because for me it ruins the point of the game. You are supposed to try to win a game, its supposed to be a challenge and using cheats just destroys that. The only time it may be ok is if its like a free run/skirmish game (not missons or the main plot) especially in simulations.
TarsajumaClan
jon9314 wrote:
yes in offline games after i have compleated it(fun to be invincible with unlimited ammo)
never in online games (ruins the game for all)

i agree for the most part. In online/multiplayer cheating ruins games.
rayx
I only cheat when i already finish a game. But if the game is impossible to finish that is the time i will cheat.
Agent ME
Cheats in a game are like skipping to the ending of a book - you lose out on the good stuff, and you don't have to work to get to the end.

That's why I like games like Halo/2 - no cheat codes at all, so there are real accomplishments.
Jakob [JaWGames]
I do seldom cheat or do things like that. If I have buyed a game I want to get as much as possible out of it.
desertwind
I hate cheating. Whether it's games or life. I like to play a fair game.
matrixuk321
scorpio wrote:
Do you cheat in games?

Share your experiences

Anyone who cheats in a game they play in my opinion are stupid because they cant play the game properly and find out all the secrets the game has in, once in a game called G.U.N i felt like using cheats but i used my brain and tryed doing the game without cheating and in the end after 1 hour ( YES 1 HOUR Very Happy ) i completed the game and i was so happy for not cheating so any games i play now i just try and find out how to get around it.

But Sad just recently i cheated on the sims 2 ( Sad Sad ) money cheat to get a big house i wish i never did cheat on that now, ive learnt my lesson not to cheat because its just stupid why by a game and CHEAT its just wasting money on a good game! find out how to get around it and complete it EVEN ONLINE! i will never try to cheat again. Neither should you guys
moonblade
I generally prefer not to cheat, as the game loses its challenge by that; however, if the game is proving itself to be boring in some aspects, and I would rather rush forward (like, say, grinding sneak, barter and persuade in Oblivion, UGH.), I rather stop wrecking my skull and tap something in to make stuff easier. After all, I'm just trying to relax, not get frustrated - and for no-cheat zones, hey, I play a MMORPG, so I get to have all the "realism" of non-cheating there.
Doublexx
i don't cheat, its not interesting to play with cheat
urangkayo
i use cheat for offline game not for online game

i hate people using cheat in online game Twisted Evil
enygmasoft
I used to own game genie and it was fun making mario jump super high and having unlimited Items came in real handy, but that was not something I would to first time thru the game.
imera
I first cheated in this really old nintendo game, I read about where the secret passages lay.

sims 2, most people cheat there, I do to. But only 50 000 simleons. thats because I start my familly with six persons and I have a hack that alows me more than only 8 familymembers. I like to see how many I can have before I have problem watching them all. I like to do crazy things there.

and online games, I never ever cheat there. I cant really see the point.

Right now I have no time playing games, school is hard.

I just have to add something. I have read about people that says in neopets for instance, give me your username and pasword and you'll get a million neopoints, what's that about?? It's just games, not like it's real money.
DeFwh
Thats perfectly understandable. I always do this in the sims games i use the money cheats and make like a mansion but the catch is that the sim family inside is poor. Some things like the secret passages well theyre not exactly cheats unless you have to use a code or combination to get to them. Game genie was so fun so was all the game sharks.

Does any one remember Shadows of the Empire for N64? Well anyways basically you had to do this really hard thing with practically all the buttons and the joystick. One of the instructions was to move the joystick half way left and right for about 3 secs each twice. Shocked Took me about 13 tries to acctually get it working
kany
WEll When i first install a game for the first time I do it without cheats . Its really a disaster if you use cheats from first day on. You cann't enjoy the game by cheating and it would just become boring after some time with cheats Where as without cheats it really is nice to think out strategies and tactics to handle situations and thats the whole fun of the game.
ItsWesley
I cheat when I've been really stuck on a game for ages, or when it just gets boring, as cheats can prolong the funness of the game!
easy-cool
i cheat only after i complete the game Cool

and yea. cheating online games ruins all the fun.
dmntr
sometimes there are situations when you have finished the game before, and now you just want to replay it and no saves are left.. I think in that situation you can use cheats...
Keran
I never cheat, this is the worst, noobish thing that can be done.
People who cheat in games are mostly 5 year old lazy noobs.
easy-cool
maybe some of us dont have SOOOO much time like u.
its not noobish if some1 uninstalled the game and now wants to play again and he cheats to finish it faster.
btw u know the meaning of a word noob?
5 year old ppl play hello kitty.
onlybooks
Every time when you bored playing same stage again and again then you have to use this power tool Wink Because No other way is left Crying or Very sad
mattchun
I usually do it in single games - but only in single games.

I've never and will never cheat in multi-game.
Alias
It depends on the game that I play. If it is boring or very difficult to finish I'm forced to use cheats. But as far as the game is very challenging and I'm very interested in it I prefer finishing it fare and square! Very Happy
Keran
easy-cool wrote:

its not noobish if some1 uninstalled the game and now wants to play again and he cheats to finish it faster.

I believe you have not understood me, i didn't read last 8 pages so i might have been misunderstood. Ofcourse it's nothin if u cheat if u already passed the game, what i have meant in my reply was that people that cheat in game that they haven't passed yet are noobs and probably 5 years old.
easy-cool wrote:

btw u know the meaning of a word noob?
5 year old ppl play hello kitty.

Yes i do know the meaning of word "noob", more then half of world's population are noobs. And technically a 5 year old kid is a noob (ofcourse there are exceptions).
Vladalf
I don't like to cheat in any game. It ruins all the fun of the game!
I rarely cheat.
Sometimes my friends ask me if I can show them an mission and soo I use cheats just to get there, then I turn them off.
roach831
Do you cheat in games?
Sometimes

I dont understand

when i cant see that well when im in a dark place

I dont Know Resident evil 2
catscratches
Sometimes I lokk at walkthroughs when I'm really stuck but nothing else!!
nigam
Yes I cheat, I even cheat on my wife.
ekim_dk
Normally, i don't cheat.
However, if a game is very hard or it is going really bad in a game, i usually cheat. Of course i don't use trainers and such online.
guugu
in singleplayer games i dont cheat... i just try and try and try until i get over hard part... sometimes after finishing game i try some cheats that give you some extra abilities but its rare that i even do that... in online games i cant even think of using cheats... its just so lame.
shwetanshu
i dont use cheat codes while playing computer games but while i m outdoor, if others are cheating i also start cheating
peter_
I cheat not much but if i come not so far i gona cheat.
(i'm dutch so i speak a little bit enlish)
venkateshwarans
I use cheats to finish the game fast. I prefer to play without cheats. Sometines, I just use cheats to create funny things in the games.
bluefossil
cheating is for pussies
panacuba
I cehat some times i doit cuz sucks when u ply with da law and come some one to kick your ass using amibots so wtf lets make the game fair 2 so start suing them but not so often cuz i know that the practice make the master and using cheats make the n00b
ForceRun
I see cheat codes as extending the game play. Like paintball and bighead mode for the old 007 N64 game. Also I allows you to change the basic game play on some games, but I don't see cheating in general as an honorable way to play.
Whong
I used to cheat, but no more! It's not worth it! Really, you loose all the fun!
Sad

Actionreplay was a good cheat device! Very Happy
traxion
cheating nope

i played cod 1 and cod2 only and i was already one of the best

way cheat.. ??

its onfair
its boring
ather ppl dont like it
bond4154
Generally, I beat the game once without cheats, then, when I feel like I want to go for some naughty fun, I do cheats. It's really great in Mercenaries, after you've beat the game, because you can just put on God Mode and use Portable Air Strike to literally blow everything up.
©Wolfie
I really hate cheating people, it's not fair!

And I think, you have to use your brains to be a good player, not a code!
If you wanna cheat, just do it on the single player mode!
Juparis
I try not to cheat on anything except single player, and only after I've beaten it without cheats first. I think gams like Saint's Row have the right idea; cheats can be enabled, but then you won't get any achievements.

I think my first cheating game was Jedi Knight Academy--just so many hacks, it's hard to resist. Even just playing by myself, it's still [pathetic, yet] fun to spawn dozens of prisoners, and unleash a Desann on them.
I haven't played a computer game in a long time though...
photon
i normally dont use cheats as such, but if there is a certain level i cannot pass, i look at the game walkthrough for hints... and cause i dont complete most games i start, it wouldnt make a diference even if i cheated Razz
arkebuzer
nah, I dont cheat!

That just takes away the eitire fun of the game. After all I play games for the thrill and challenge... if you cheat it takes away all that :S
Ducksteina
I used to cheat when I was younger.
However, cheating just makes a game boring. It's no challenge if you cheat...
Danltn
It really depends for me, If I've finished the Game without cheating, modding glitching etc then I might go and play through the Campaign or similar with Certain 'minor' cheats.

By minor I mean things like Infinite Ammo, Infinite Magic/Mana or All Guns. But never Instant Win or God Mode, God Mode removes all the fun from the Game unless there's lots of secondary objectives you can fail on.

I sometimes use cheats like 2x speed too.

If I haven't completed a game I might use a single cheat code like Infinite Ammo and see if I find it any easier. If I've been stuck on a single level for days, sometimes weeks I'll use things like All Guns and Infinite Magic.... But I really don't like using them before that, it takes out all the fun out of a game.

When a game is easy enough for you to do with no skill, it's hardly a game at all then.

Just my view, not saying cheating is fundamentally wrong (although I do, kinda hypocritical I must admit)

Thanks for reading,

*** Danltn ***

(accidentally deleted this, I've found the page though and FireFox had all the info saved, thank god Smile)
tefa_taftaf2010
i never do it but to be honest i do it 3 times

in lord of the rings ( return of the king ) because it wasnot easy

and in Medal of Honor

but in Grand Theft Auto just to have some fun in the Game
Edas
ok, I must admit, I cheat! But, who doesn't?!? I really think I have more fun when I play it fairly but sometimes it's impossible to pass some levels and we really need to cheat or use a walktrough. But what i really like is to play online where no one can cheat. there we can see who is really good and those who aren't!
Mosquito
No I do not cheat. I don't cheat for the reason that I have such a little amount of money that I would rather never beat the game and continually play it rather that beat it and move on to another. Besides though who is willing to admit that they cheat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
bugra9
I don't like cheat but if I want to finish the game fast, I would use cheat code.
lpuniverse
only game i cheated on was Grand Theft Auto San Andreas ... i couldn't complete the game without cheating... now i play NFS Carbon and I don't cheat... Smile
shun
I use cheats sometimes. Usually I don't use cheats because it would just ruin the game. But in games that are like Need for Speed I would just use cheat to generate some money. It is much more enjoyable to see your car looking cool and driving around. I hate games that need you to grind through multiple repetitive missions just to earn some money to buy equipments. Also, sometimes when I get really stuck I would use cheats too. After all, you want to finish the game that you've spent money on it, not just half or a quarter of the game.
tallexander
I dont like people cheating in onlinegames like Counter-strike. It makes it boring for the other players on the map. But sure som times ju must cheat for example on console games to get past som har stuffd or just make it easier if its too hard.
That's my opinion:)
nancian
scorpio wrote:
Do you cheat in games?

Share your experiences

yeah,sometimes but not a lot
no, but if the game made me excited to see what's next, n i cant complete sth
i an't recall, but it was a long time ago
khairulsyahir
Used to. But not any more. Takes away the challenge and excitement of playing it.
BladeRunner
I have no objection to people cheating offline in single-player mode..but I find people who cheat when playing online despicable. There is something mentally deficient in someone who can derive satisfaction from 'winning' when in fact it was code that won for them. These people are missing something in their lives and I feel sorry for them. I often play Battlefield 2 and America's Army so I've come across hackers more than once...the best satisfaction comes from kicking the crap out of a hacker online Very Happy
Sergiy
I was cheating in SP quite often Very Happy But that was years ago. A realised that cheating isn't interesting at all. I started to practice and it realy better now without them Very Happy Sure, sometimes it's realy hard to stay alive in FPS when you play with proffesionals Rolling Eyes but this makes the game so fun!!!
Jools64
I only ever cheat on a seperate save for fun =)
roach831
arkebuzer wrote:
nah, I dont cheat!

That just takes away the eitire fun of the game. After all I play games for the thrill and challenge... if you cheat it takes away all that :S

thats true it aint fun when you cheat
nhlarry
Who doesn't cheat? I cheat all the time.
falco211
I am against cheating. It's the worst thing you could do in a game.
Terrrenia
I don't cheat. I don't have any fun with cheating. I am playing The Sims 2 at the moment and I love, when they are working, earning money and then they can buy something... There was a time, when I was cheating, because i wanted to build great houses,but it was loooong time ago Very Happy Now i like little, modest houses. Cheating is BAD!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
iNs@nE
I dont encourage cheating in games but at the same time you gotta look at it from this perspective.

When one complete's the game totally without using cheatcodes he gains rights to use cheats in the game to get the maximum gaming experience. One always like parodies after a serious day in life.
Boffel
I usually dont cheat, but before I cheated alot in age of empires to get gold, stone, food etc. if I was close to loos. Because then I could play longer.

But games is always most fun without cheating, also when you play GTA, you destroy the whole game when you take codes to get cash, airplanes, tanks etc. Because half of the fun is to get them by your self. So if you use codes, you always just get the half of the fun. Sad

And also before when I played runescape, I used Tip.it alot when I did quests. But that didnt take away the fun to do the quest, because the quests was still hard. Tip.it is not exactly a cheat, but a guide. But of course its most fun when you manage to do a quest without any help, so tip.it is still bad.

But now I make my own games, and I dont think I will put cheats there. Because as I said, cheats take away half of the fun.
datter
To me cheating in a game is the same thing as reading the last chapter of a book first. It just ruins the experience.
Afaceinthematrix
I only cheat on games that are ridiculously hard. I hate spending two hours on a level and still not being able to beat a level! So then I'll use a cheat code and put in God Mode or something.
TDesign
im only cheating in GTA San Andreas and Vice City for Weapons and Cars. All other one No Way. Online Cheating i so bad...

if you cheat take position of player witch you cheat and you will se how is it!

IT IS BAD SO DON´T USE A CHEAT
rj123
Cheating for fun only alone.
I hate online cheating
Blu_Spykz
I don't "cheat" unless the game is REALLY good but I can't get through it.

Only Vice City and San Andreas come to mind though - unlimited ammo and cops-off cheat. That's it really...

I have used editors for games such as Champ Manager to increase my transfer funds though...
Flakky
I cheat if I either finished the game or I want to check wether the mods I made myself work (which can contain cheats if I make them like that).

The game is more fun if you've played it all the way down to the end, after that it doesn't really matters anymore.
Firebird
I use cheats when I have to,if I'm really really stuck on a game I might use cheats to get past that one bit.I also use cheats once I have completed a game just so it's fun and you can do stupid things but won't die or run out of ammo or something.

Good Points
-Can help you get past hard levels,i.e,Levels which are almost impossible to beat,and when it gets annoying,for example,when the AI of the enemies has a better advantage at everything,and when i have very limited health and ammo.
-Can sometimes have very funny cheats,causing very funny,and interesting stuff,included funny glitches
-Useful once you completed a game just so you can have a little mess about.

Bad Points
-Cheats on VS mode suck.
-Cheats sometimes don't work and you get annoyed.
-You accidently put cheats in wrong and you get the wrong cheat.
-Some can be stupid and annoying.
-Some can make your game crash or weird it up.
-Some will make the game WAY too easy to beat,ruining the fun of it.I prefer Challenges.
Usuf
When you cheat you just ruin your entire game. There really is no point of playing a game if you cheat. you might as well take out the cd and tell everyone you've finshed the game although you haven't. After you use a cheat you barely ever die, where's the challenging part of the game gone?
wormsunited
I never use walkthroughs and only use cheats once I have completed the game and if it will make the game last longer and make it more enjoyable.
I don't see any point in cheating in games especially in online games when your most likely driving the other person completely nuts.
Joker68
Well, I like simulators.
I don't use any cheats to play, neither offline or online.

The only exception is when I buy a new racing game and then there is that idiot thing of winning several low championships to get new cars or tracks available. I don't have patience for that, so I cheat for the game give all cars and tracks available right from the start.
Nutteloos
I use cheats. Definitely. If I find myself repeating the same thing over and over for half an hour, I say: you could just cheat and get the same result, and you woulnd't waste another half an hour doing something you don't like and instead just play the game.

If that's called ruining your gaming experience, then so be it. I call it 'enhancing' my gaming experience, and 'eliminating' the boring elements.
Sergiy
I don't cheating because when I cheating the game become booooooring. With cheats, games became booooring.
Derioh
Cheating can be fun sometimes... can remember a cheat from Medal of Honor Frontline where people get weird things placed on their heads... could remember someone who had a enormous submarine on his helmet...
I had a medpack or something on my head, too bad I couldn't use it when a guy with a grenade head shot me down... >.<

I sometimes cheat to get the highest equipent in offline games... only to rush through the game (I only play it for the story line) and after having finished it I pick up my social life in Guild Wars
Derioh
I forgot to mention the Sims 2: I used the StretchSkeleton cheat to make people look like hobbits...
congo1
no i don't cheat

i like 2 explore games myself
account
the only time I cheat is when somethings really hard or when its more fun to cheat Razz
SpellcasterDX
Normally, I don't cheat in a game. Really, the only game I ever cheated on was GTA: Vice City; and even then, only for weapons, cars, car-related modifications, etc. I really only use cheats after the game is completed so I can have a bit of fun and/or mess around.
Derioh
The cheats making a game funny etc. can be nice if they don't interfere with the gameplay, however that can be fun too Smile
marrs
A long time ago I was on a novaworld playing delta force and I watched people jump up into a lookout which was the height of a tree!

No I dont cheat
Patriot Players
I occasionally cheat, mostly to unlock multiplayer features that I dont feel like unlocking, stuff like that. Usually dont cheat on levels though.

I also occasionally will bit torrent single player games that I want to play for a little bit but not enough to buy, dont know if that counts as cheating.
vandame
I used cheat a long time agora, i used a lot, at counter-strike and some other games, but today i dont use more, its not funny to use cheat on online games, have a long time that i dont use more.....
I suggest for people who want to use: Dont use, the fun of the game will finish.
hardcoregamer808
No but I used the action replay on my xbox, gamecube, and nintendo ds to do some "soft mods." Xbox, obviously was for linux, gamecube was to run homebrew apps on my wii, and the nintendo ds was just a waste of money and time when I tried to run some homebrew stuff on it.
jeremyyak
I made a general rule for my self when playing any game:
Beat it before I cheat

I honestly don't see the point in getting a brand new game and cheating as soon as you turn it on. So I get to the end, beat it, start over cheat and look for any hidden parts or activities.

Cheating sometimes makes the game more fun, it gives you the illusion that you are really good Laughing
~Jeremy~
rampantinsanity
I'm a cheater. Yup, I cheat all the time, but only on Sims & Sims 2. With those games, the cheats are useful if you want to just build or use it to tell stories or make movies. On the Sims 2, I usually only cheat to increase mood when everything goes to hell in a hand basket.

The only other exception for me is when I'm building and want to test drive the set up, or if I'm sending a sim to university and they had bad grades and no scholarships. Heh, I wish we could use cheat codes in real life.

It'd be kind of like being Neo - all the time.
SylentSnipe
I cheat only after I beat the game, plus it depends on what game it is. If its a shooter then I see how badly I can mess the game up. etc
looseballs
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheats are bad, if i ever use them, i always make a new account and never save.
inferno2211
I'll use walkthroughs for games when im stuck in a hard place but i never cheat.
fianchesso
Sometimes, when i play my friend who's better than me at chess, I'll cheat and take off some of his pieces while he's not looking. He knows I take them off, of course, but doesn't say anything because he beats me anyway.
BCP88
I don't cheat anymore, I don't like it. When i was younger the first thing i did when i had a new game i searched for cheats. Because i wanted to end the game as fast as possible.
Or in the sims i want to build big houses when i started. But now i like it to get money with working. And when i work good i can buy a new thing for my house.
Seiji
I only cheat when its neccessary. Back when I was playing Baldurs Gate I found that game impossible. I had to cheat to be able to win.
gottjustitiar
i only use cheat in gta's Very Happy but i use the faq!
pestaa
i never cheat in multiplayer, it's unsporting and not fair...
it destroys the atmosphere, and kills the pleasure of win or even frags...

sometimes i use cheats in offline games to skip boring levels Razz
xanarulz
I tend to play the game right the first time, then turn on a few cheats, then when I get really bored I turn it on a mad hard setting and go all full out cheats

Multiplayer games, never I hate when I play online and I see a player cheating and abusing it to people that took a long point to reach those status or whatever, but I have to admit one thing....I do have a high tendncy to cheat on one multiplayer online game called stick arena but x-gens studios. Dunno why I started but it is pretty funny because 75% of the players cheat time to time, while of those 75% like half of them cheat non stop, so ya its no big thing in that game
jay84h
I hate cheating, cheating is pointless. If someone is cheating obviously they will never win without cheating. That's why people cheat, they just cannot win without cheating and it is easier for them to win.
Insanity
I try to play it through myself, because otherwise you don't really know how to play the game well. This especially applies to multiplayer games where you need to know how to play the game in order to win, and if you use cheats you won't learn.
smithy
I don't cheat and the games that I play don't have cheats like most xbox 360 games the only way you can cheat is by using glitches in games like oblivion its much much better to find secrets than using glitches to buy things..
i remember undless cheating playing the gta series on ps2 many ppl just bought that game to use the insane cheats and stuff

ive neva cheated on an online game tho i understand why ppl do tho as somtimes u can get OWNED online and it gets fustrating especally when u die u have to spectate like gears of war>>
mynameis
wow this post is long reading all those replys get tedious yea cheating is bad if ur getting PWN ed on an online game start up a clan or a team or somthing then u'll have all ur mates to talk to and a much better team and it'll be alot more fun!
mynameis
i useally find it better on singleplayer games to invite a m8 and play co-op like i completed Hardcore and insane mode of Gears of war in 3 days with my mate, although I understand that well cool feature is not availble on all games lol!

I just hope no one finds a way to hack on the 360 as thats one reason why i bought one!!
Raydon
scorpio wrote:
Do you cheat in games?

Share your experiences

1. I never cheat, except in GTA.
2. No, never anything like that I use them for fun only.
3. a) For fun b) Only when I am bored^^
4. GTA San Andreas
Chasingu
I cheat using ARDS but not on wifi
SUPER_KNUCKLES
I cheat in games AFTER I beat them.

Some old games, I like finding glitches, more then entering cheats (Like goldeneye on N64)

But on games (Like THPS1 ,2 ,3 ,4 THUG1, and 2 and THAW ) I like using cheats to find the gliches ^_^
ShuuJi
I'm a player of Warcraft III The Frozen Throne Mod.
I know there's a program called Maphack and I know how to download it but REALLY, I feel pretty stupid playing with Cheats/Hacks.
Cheats/Hacks maybe useful for newbies to learn playing the game. In my noob time I sometimes used maphack, that made me learn to see the minimap and stay careful. Then I leaved maphack.
My opinio Smile

ShuuJi Smile
flameboy1974
I sometimes use cheats, but never until I've have beaten the game first. I like to go back and do the things I missed or didn't do. I would never cheat the first time around because I play for the joy of it and cheating the first time I play a game would just ruin it.
Danne206
i have cheat in offline games but not online (i don't do it anymore ) Smile and i have try to cheat 1 time at Cs 1.6 but it was boooring ... so not i don't cheat Smile
nobita123
I do used cheats in offline when I get bored of the game. But I hate people using cheats in online games
littletomi714
Cheating kills the whole fun of the game...

But if I did, it would be because either:
- I can't pass a level which I tried for a really long time.
- I want to beat someone up in multiplayer mode.
- I got tired of the game and just want to finish it.

Besides that, I don't cheat... only on occassions.
madc0w
I never cheat in multiplayer. In singleplayer, I always beat the game all the way through at least once before I ever turn any cheats on. Usually I'll do so only because I'm more interested in the game's story that time around.

Some games, like Oblivion, I'll use the additem cheat for little annoying things like lockpicks in the beginning of the game. I was really tired of running out of those things.

First game I ever cheated on? Contra for NES because after playing that game for a friggin' year, I still couldn't get all the way to the end. That game was impossible for me.
AtlJoker
When I was younger I would get cheat codes for some games, but never cheated on any online game or anything like that. Although I do screencheat and I can't stop. I don't know why, but I just can't not look at my friends or whoever I'm playing with screens. I've been doing it since Goldeneye for N64. I now notice I did it when I used to play Halo, but I was also good online so it didn't make me good or anything.

I also finished my first GTA game without cheats last year. I would get every weapon for it before, but this time when I got San Andreas for my xBox I decided to try to beat it without cheating. It wasn't even that hard to beat and it was good because I felt like I actually did the work instead of using codes and cheats.
Cee_Jay
i have been addicted to age of empires and all games in franchise series.... and i have been using cheats too to play it...and well..i found it more enjoayble..and less annoying when doing that:)
what bothers playing without cheats is.... when workmen/labourers are collecting resources..cutting wood...mining rock and gold fishing etc... it seems so annoying and boring that i m just sitting and watching them doing their job..playing nuthing:)...to solve this problem i used the cheats for resources and started building the tribe directly!!
i use cheats for resources only in this game...not the combat/building/spawning cheats..coz that would remove the real charm of the game!
By the way...havng plenty of resources, building and fortifying the tribe.... getting prepared for the war..it really gives a FUN.. a good feeling..at least to me..it does so:)
Ledyrian
IMO cheating isn't bad if you've already done the game and you want to have mooore fun. cheats to make a game easier is stupid
Nutteloos
Consider this:

In Oblivion (I'm sure some of you have played that) I find myself in the middle of a large dungeon, in front of a locked door. I forget to save before opening it, and break my last lockpick on the lock. Do I run back, wasting half an hour of precious time? Or do I say: let's skip that half an hour and pretend I bought a few lockpicks and returned here? Voila.

What would you do?
mikethm
No I do not cheat. Cheating is for queers. Period.
mikethm
Nutteloos wrote:
Consider this:

In Oblivion (I'm sure some of you have played that) I find myself in the middle of a large dungeon, in front of a locked door. I forget to save before opening it, and break my last lockpick on the lock. Do I run back, wasting half an hour of precious time? Or do I say: let's skip that half an hour and pretend I bought a few lockpicks and returned here? Voila.

What would you do?

I would run back and buy the lockpicks.

Saving time while playing games? Why not just not play at all? That way, you save all the time.
Jeff_vella_leone
elcyron wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Do you cheat in games?

sometimes in singleplayer games, never in multiplayergames

scorpio wrote:

that kind of sums it up. when i pay for hours and just cant get past this oneplace there's a simple choice, stop playing or cheat.

scorpio wrote:

boulder dash, i think...

scorpio wrote:

Share your experiences

i personally think chating is cheap. by cheating i admitt i'm not good enough a player to make it by myself. however in singleplayergames nobody gets hurt so i think it's okay.

lol i agree with u man
though the first game i cheated in i think it was vice city after ending the game 2 times without cheats i started to use them and spawn cars and lots of guns and ammo
yep cheating is cheap if u cant get though a game then i feel im a noob so its unexaptable i will surly keep tryen untill i make it
i consider myself to be a pro gamer so if i have to cheat in a game for me its a big umiliation so i wont cheat for sure
+ cheating soils the fun of it all
though there where games where i said man its fuken impossible like Boiling point the last part god dam that was really hell for the devil imagine for me!!!!!
pealthoff
No because, what is the fun of the game if you cheat?
And pay R$ 100,00 in a game, and cheat after?? I really dont like cheats...
juvenal007
i am usea cheat only for age of empires one player xDDD
bluecradle
i look for guides where i can finish hard as hell quests and find good items that makes the game enjoyable. but i dont cheat when it comes to playing with someone.
Nutteloos
mikethm wrote:
Saving time while playing games? Why not just not play at all? That way, you save all the time.

I'm not excactly saving time, I'm just saving myself from a boring gaming experience: wasting half an hour walking through an empty dungeon to the nearest city, buying a few lockpicks and walking all the way back isn't my definition of 'having fun'. That's why I play a game: for fun.

If I have to punish myself for making a mistake by having to do boring stuff instead of playing the game, I'd better stop playing right then. So yeah, I cheat, if that means not doing something dull instead. (of course, only in singleplayer)
urbanbuddha
I don't cheat in any of my games.
The only "cheating" I would think that I usually do is check out an FAQ of a game when I am stuck.

If I ever wanted to cheat, it would be after I completed a game to extend its replay value.
studsstudio
I cheat, but only because it can cause funny situations that are not meant to occur. I mostly cheat when I already have completed the game at least once, and when I am curious about the ways of playing the game. by using the cheats you get a taste of what is needed to develope a game. In the words of urban buddha: "to extend the replay value of the game".
magneto_ms
dont' bother to cheat..be true to urself.. Very Happy
Digital Thoth
I normally don't cheat unless I am just stumped. I normally don't play online games, so all the games I do cheat are offline. The first game I ever cheated on.. I don't even remember. It was a walkthrough for something, though.
lethaltriad
I used to cheat when I was younger. The first game I cheated in was Contra I think for the NES and after that maybe Street Fighter. Nowadays I find it pointless to cheat, it just ruins the game for me. Havent played any games in a while though but when I do I love to play it till the end without any cheats or help.
Manntis
Yeah. As was already said, I used to cheat a lot when I was younger because I thought hey this is much easier. I now like to beat a game and cheat later to see what fun things you can do with cheats Wink
web-geek
I rarely ever cheated and i definatly dont anymore! what i do with linear games now is I play the game on the hardest setting first, because that is when the game will be at its peak and in my opinion, the funnest part of the game!
Fright Knight
I beat the game first then I'll look for a walk through at gamefaqs.com to see if the missed some good items along the way. If i missed good things along the way, I'll play the game again and get the things that I've missed the first time I played it.

I do not use a walk through on the first time i played the game though. I like RPG games so, its more challenging beating it without any cheats or walk through. The fastest RPG game that i've finished was Shining Force The Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. I think I beat the game a liitle more or less than 24 hours. Hehe.
neosree
Recently I use several cheats in NFS Carbon. After that the game was never been so smooth without the cheats. I cannot play without these cheats, especially the infinite nitrous. U raelly like it very much, and I am now running my cars with infinite nos, it is so much fun. So what u dont lose anything but u only gain some more fun from the game!!
Bobol
Me i real seldom use cheat, but when i do this there is 2 reasons:

1 : I want finish fast a level i dislike to do ..
    2 : I want get fun in doing strange thinks

But i think use cheats to finish a game is useless, indeed cheats are amusing 5 min but after this is real boring. And with cheat the game become too easy, and you get no game experience.
On the other hand i use often tips to unstuck myself, because i hate to play 1hour without do anything...
spykE
I once used a WH in Call of Duty 2 to experience it Laughing .
medievalman26
I cheat after I have beaten a game at least 2 times or more. I really don't like it but some codes can mess up your game or worse take the fun out of it. I fell that if you use cheats to get out of a tough spot in a game you prabably are just covering for a lack of tactics or just can't beat it on your own. So STOP CHEATING AND YES I KNOW CAPS LOCK IS ON.
altknia
I hate cheating, but if everybody is cheating in the game I will cheat too
alexdude
In GTA: San Andreas I always use the Health and Police cheat. It's basically impossible sometimes to beat a level without them!
Malchior
I honestly use gameshark and/or codebreaker codes all the time when I'm playing a GBA emulator. When I'm downloading roms, it always costs a lot of time because I'm using a dial-up connection. I know that it's a pain in the rear, but I think using codes/cheats can sometimes enhance gaming experience. Like when you're bored of an RPG game and you're still on a level for how many days, it would be nice if you create a new save game, then use some cheats. Until then you will notice how good it is to use codes/cheats.

But then, using cheats all the time makes the game boring and it will just be left in your dirty room along with your other games that you're bored with. So I recommend you use codes/cheats when you're ABSOLUTELY lost and if you have spent too much time in a certain level. It would also be good if you use a code/cheat on a different saved game so that you can see the difference. Very Happy
bhzh
I only cheat in single player. I believe that those who rely on cheating/glitching in multiplayer are ruining the fun of multiplayer.
random
I only cheat on games like the sims.

As far as any others go nope I'm a goody goody

((im aware im sad playing sims lol))
soulman
first time I play I never cheat...

after this, if cheat the game can make the game more interesting, I cheat.

if cheat the game only mass the game up or it's a bad game. I leave them.
yhally
hmhmm, i dont cheat in any online games because i like a fair game to all co-player nyehehe but in other game like PS or something, i ask help to anybody just to finish the games, that is when i really stuck - up almost 3 days on same map...T_T
Malchior
bhzh wrote:
I only cheat in single player. I believe that those who rely on cheating/glitching in multiplayer are ruining the fun of multiplayer.

I totally agree with you. I only cheat on single player in PS2 and PSP but I never do any cheating or glitch exploitation in any multiplayer or online game although I know some in StarCraft. Also, I only cheat on playstation game consoles only if I beat the game once or twice because I think cheating while you don't know the game yet will spoil the game itself.
getgag
I will cheat the game if it's impossible to finish.
realkiller
i never used to cheat till i got css i seen everyone cheats at that game so i hosted a cheat allowed server of my own to use them but on other servers i dont cheat
linastrin
If I can't complete a game, I cheat. However, I usually only cheat after I beat the game for stress relief. Tony Hawk's games work very well for this. Cheatcodes are awesome, but one should not abuse them, though. . .