FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone used google desktop?

fireydeviant
I installed it a few hours ago. I like the interface and functions. But the indexing made me have to pull out the power cord a few times, as it froze my computer. I have a 2ghz processor and 1 GB of ram, so i don't see what the problem was. But the rest is cool, I now get my gmail on my esktop, i get weather, and i get slashdot.

So, anyone else use this?
bladeron
welll i tried that a few days ago but the indexing takes too long on my pc and for some reason reduced the performance of my pc
may be it was not made for my pc Crying or Very sad
snowboardalliance
I just downloaded google desktop, google earth, google talk, and picasa 2. ALl are pretty nice. I did have a problem with picasa crashing while finding all the pictures but I'll wait and see how I like it.
photon
well i dont use the search functionality much, so havent tried it out. and more importantly, i dont like any program indexing my hdd. ive even turned off indexing in win xp search.
webbone
fireydeviant wrote:
I installed it a few hours ago. I like the interface and functions. But the indexing made me have to pull out the power cord a few times, as it froze my computer. I have a 2ghz processor and 1 GB of ram, so i don't see what the problem was. But the rest is cool, I now get my gmail on my esktop, i get weather, and i get slashdot.

So, anyone else use this?

I use it now,but it need more memory!bad things to me!
snowboardalliance
I just gave up on it. Uses too much memory.