FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Script execution problem

rohan2kool
Whenever I upload php files from my windows computer to frihost, I am having problems with running the script. I get the following error all the times:

Quote:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@tritium.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I looked at the Error log and saw the following error:

Quote:

[2006-04-14 07:34:50]: error: file is writable by others: (/home/rohan2ko/public_html/stone/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php)

I therefore changed the permissions of the file to 0555. But still I am getting the same error. Please help.

Thanks,
Rohan
rohan2kool
now i solved it a bit. I could run the script file by changing the permission of the file to 0555. But then I need to change the permissions of all files/floders I upload. How can I change the permissions of all the files/folders in a spceific directory through cPanel??

Also, why is it necessary that write permissions are not available to scripts.
Scorpio
use a ftp like filezilla to upload your files..

In that, you can change the file permissions by just right clickin on the files and folders that are displayed

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
rohan2kool
that's great.. thanks a lot. So, if it asks for a username/password(which most probably it will) do i enter my cPanel username/password?
Daniel15
rohan2kool wrote:
that's great.. thanks a lot. So, if it asks for a username/password(which most probably it will) do i enter my cPanel username/password?

Yes, the username and password are the same as the cPanel username and password.

And it's probably best to CHMOD the files to 0755 rather than 0555.