FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is the US Government a Bully?

Is the US a Bully?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

alkady
Ever since....Forever I guess, I always found the US of being a manipulative bully, If you take the Embargo on China for example, You notices that when the EU attempted to ease the rules to sell weapons to China, The US was getting protective and going against it saying the weapons may be used against them in the event of a war and so on. Isnt that stupid? If the US where to go on a war, Don't you think they will end up killing innocent civillians and even deny them the legitimate right to self defense? I find that absurd. Or even the fact that they break international rules whiles forcing others to abide to it?
Jeslyn
The US is looking out for number one.
That's the point.
To become the strongest, most powerful and wealthy nation in the world, no matter who you have to step on to get there.

Perhaps it would be nicer of the US to help it's fallen counterpart, and think of everyone else's needs, and sing songs with blue jays while sweeping the world with a dancing broom.

But that does not make for good media. Or for tyranny.
Blaster
I dont' know what you are talking about. The US rocks.
I don't think we bully anyone. Others may say different though Confused
Scorpio
Obviously Americans feel America is god itself........

And sure, everybody else will feel different

US IS A BULLY and there is no second thoughts about that

WTF, they interfere all over the place and want to ensure that what they say(more like order), goes.

They think that they rule this world

Just because they are rich doesnt mean that they can do what they want.

People all over the world especially in Iraq and other countries where the US FRAGRANCE is felt would tell you they are no more liberators than OSAMA BIN LADEN.

I ve given my point numerous times and there is no changing it.

They are a bunch of bullies but they are gonna be cut down to size soon enough.
oneightwo
the usa sucks. majorly. they suck. they a the biggest hypocrites ever. one thing i realy want to do sometime is kick the stupid smirk right off the face of nearly every stuck up american. their country sucks. it's not the land of the free. it's the land that takes the freedom from others. so yes, the usa is a bully.
Blaster
Now i am kind of offended. I don't like people talking bad about my country. You wouldn't like it if it was your country now would you.
Scorpio
If you were referring to me too, I apologize if i had offended the fine people of the country.

But certainly I wouldnt forgive the damned governments and authority who are as good as catching terrorists as a sumo wrestler has of catching Asafa Powell

Anyway, the administration is what i detest about that country..

Though many countries have been ruled by tyrants doesnt mean the people were tyrants too..

So what I say is that the people of US should realise that they just cannot boss over other countries and think that they can overthrow governments like flipping pancakes or pizzas..

Only due to support from the american people did the war go ahead.. If americans had taken to the streets as soon the war had begun and protested this war could have been nipped at the bud
Blaster
I am not aiming that at anyone person. I just took most of it offending to my country. I agree we have problems. But it isn't the US rather the US government. So you can't blaim all of us.
oneightwo
Blaster wrote:
I am not aiming that at anyone person. I just took most of it offending to my country. I agree we have problems. But it isn't the US rather the US government. So you can't blaim all of us.

i wasn't trying to offend anyone. i did say stuck up americans, referring to politicians, etc. so i think i didn't explain that too well. But lots of americans annoy me, not just politicians. Like people who go on Dr. Phill (is that how you spell it?) and Opra (<< spelling???).

No offence if you happened to have been on either of those shows, but i just think those shows are worse than mid-day soaps.
Blaster
Yea i agree some of them people are just messed up. But what i mean is that the title makes it seem like all ameicans are ******. Not all are.
oneightwo
i agree, it's the minority who are ******, but unfortunately it's the minority who are in charge.
Blaster
ain't that the truth. The governtment can be really croked at times.
nam_siddharth
China's history is more terroristic than USA. So, I always support USA against China. The most terrorist country is Pakistan, and China is one who supports it.

The action against Afghanistan was also good. The country was running with a religious rule, which does not recognise non-muslims as human.
coolclay
Yes we are bully's but you know what the world needs a bully to keep everyone else in line. If it wasn't for us this world would still be stuck in the dark age.
Vrythramax
I am an American and unfortunatly I had to vote that yes we are bullies. We try to impose our way of life (for lack of a better term) on peoples around the world that may not want it or appreciate it.

The government says they are just trying to protect democracy and stop the spread of communism, but who are we to choose what may work for another country?

At one time the phrase "proud to be an American", has since turned into an insult all over the world.
Scorpio
coolclay wrote:
Yes we are bully's but you know what the world needs a bully to keep everyone else in line. If it wasn't for us this world would still be stuck in the dark age.

Aaaw... Dont give me that bull****

A bully is not needed to keep one in line or take one into the dark ages

You are right, US is a bully that took the world from the dark ages and gets ready to plunge it into another deeper darker age worse than the last

Dont you dare give an excuse for what they are doing just because you are american.

If you suffered in Iraq or any other place of american dominance in the world , you will curse your country, period.

Dont just talk from your point of view. This is what one calls mad support.

This is exactly what the idiot terrorists do, supporting osama even if he is a mad hatter.

By imitating him you prove yourselves just as despisable
CWFwrestling
It's just part of being the greatest country on Earth. America is no longer a republic, but an Empire. Some say that is tyranny, but to me it's the natural evolution of a dominant nation. The problem is, the western style has evolved so far beyond the middle eastern lifestyle that they don't understand or want democrasy. It's sortof like a mother trying to force her tomboy daughter to wear a pink dress. Eventually the dress is going to end up being flung back at the mother.
alkady
Blaster wrote:
Yea i agree some of them people are just messed up. But what i mean is that the title makes it seem like all ameicans are ******. Not all are.

Perhaps I went a little off the line Blaster, I changed the title to make it more explanatory.

Also I'm quite suprised about the reaction in this forum. I asked the very same thing in a pro-american forum and I got banned the next second for that.
Blaster
I was a little pissed off. But now that you changed the title it is better. Thanks for changeing it. I also just notcied ****** isn't blocked....
Vrythramax
alkady wrote:
Also I'm quite suprised about the reaction in this forum. I asked the very same thing in a pro-american forum and I got banned the next second for that.

Maybe that is because this a multi-national forum. Frihost has members from all over the world. Now if you asked that same question in someplace like Texas (no offense to any Texans) you more than likely be beaten up...at the very least.
heady233
Blaster wrote:
Now i am kind of offended. I don't like people talking bad about my country. You wouldn't like it if it was your country now would you.
I feel that way to. I wish people would stop calling us bullies.
Mithrandir
The United States is a fine nation with an excellent government and an admirable people. We were founded on the principles of liberty and personal freedom and have strived since the begining our nation to live in peace with all peoples. Sure, we do get involved in the affairs of other nations from time to time, but only when the situtaion involves the suffering of a nation or a potential threat to democracy. We helped to found the United Nations and we also play a large part in many of the world's current efforts in peace keeping and humanitarian aid. We don't do these things for ourselves, we do them because it is our duty as the most powerful nation in the world to help those who are disadvantaged. The U.S will always be the land of the free and the home of the brave and anyone who denies or challenges that is simply jealous that their people have not reached the civilized level of life we here enjoy.
sour_lemon_1k
i hate bush. Mad
teh_razz
sour_lemon_1k wrote:
i hate bush. Mad

yeah he ruined this country, look what we did to iraq, he lied to us all Sad
Vrythramax
teh_razz wrote:
sour_lemon_1k wrote:
i hate bush. Mad

Can you name any politician that hasn't lied? I think being a good lier is a prerequisite for being a politician. But then again, that's just my opinion.
HoboPelican
Mithrandir wrote:
...Sure, we do get involved in the affairs of other nations from time to time, but only when the situtaion involves the suffering of a nation or a potential threat to democracy....

<cough>uh, excuse me, but that's bulls**t. We get involved pretty much only when the politicians decided it's to the benefit of the US. If the murdering despot of Potslyvania allows US bases and the murdering despot of Slobodnick has a resource we need and doesn't bow to US wishes, guess who gets attacked?

Too the rest of the world. Please know that 1/2 the country voted against the ignorant goober. Even less support him now. As far as protesting, it happens, but not in effective numbers.

I love this country and I think we have a lot to be proud of, but we have lots to hang our heads in shame over, also. Anyone who can't see that is (or should be) living in Washington DC Wink

Anyone desiring to hold public office should be disqualifed on moral grounds!
alkady
Vrythramax wrote:
teh_razz wrote:
sour_lemon_1k wrote:
i hate bush. Mad

Can you name any politician that hasn't lied? I think being a good lier is a prerequisite for being a politician. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Actually I want to challenge to guys to name one politician who actually gave everything he promised. Thats going to be a though one.
dz9c
33% no...66% yes
HoboPelican
alkady wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
teh_razz wrote:
sour_lemon_1k wrote:
i hate bush. Mad

Actually I want to challenge to guys to name one politician who actually gave everything he promised. Thats going to be a though one.

I'd be happy to find one that TRIED to do what he promised. Failure is not a sin in my book. Still an improbable task.
Vrythramax
I have fought in 3 differant encounters (whatta creative eupamism) and I have earned 2 Purple hearts and a Silver Star for my efforts, not to mention a CMB with Clusters, a Jumpmasters Badge, a Navy Cross for Bravery under Fire, and a Good Conduct Medal....but I still can't find it in myself to agree with my Governments policies....yeah I have to fight for them, and possibly die for them. but I just don't agree with them. If anyone thinks I am a disloyal American for my thoughts...then you can kiss my ***. I have done my duty, and will continue to do so.....who out there has?????You people from other countries put us down, but the soldiers in the field don't always support the governement....they just have to fight and possibly die to support it.

It's called Duty.
HoboPelican
Vrythramax wrote:
I have fought in 3 differant encounters (whatta creative eupamism) and I have earned 2 Purple hearts and a Silver Star for my efforts, not to mention a CMB with Clusters, a Jumpmasters Badge, a Navy Cross for Bravery under Fire, and a Good Conduct Medal....but I still can't find it in myself to agree with my Governments policies....yeah I have to fight for them, and possibly die for them. but I just don't agree with them. If anyone thinks I am a disloyal American for my thoughts...then you can kiss my ***. I have done my duty, and will continue to do so.....who out there has?????You people from other countries put us down, but the soldiers in the field don't always support the governement....they just have to fight and possibly die to support it.

It's called Duty.

I can't say I've been where you've been, man, but I appreciate the shit you've gone through in serving our country.... Thanks and the beers are on me if we ever meet.

I've always supported our troops(in small ways), but hate the way some people equate supporting bush's policies with supporting the men forced to carry them out.
SNES350
Of course the US is a bully. The workings of the country are based on greed. Capitalism, the whole patent mess, etc. The US are just looking out for themselves.
HoboPelican
SNES350 wrote:
Of course the US is a bully. The workings of the country are based on greed. Capitalism, the whole patent mess, etc. The US are just looking out for themselves.

I don't disagree, but tell me what country doesn't "just look our for themselves"? I could be wrong, but I'm betting most countries do a little good and a little evil in the international community. Because the US is so freaking rich and powerful they do a lot of both.

To flat out claim we only look out for ourselves is being a bit simplistic and only makes you look like a nutcase ( I don't think you are, BTW). Focus on specific things we are screwing up and your point is much harder to refute.
Vrythramax
@HoboPelican...

Thank you for the support, you have no idea what it means to a man fighting a war, especially one they don't understand and don't realy want to be there....and I may just take you up on the offer of a beer Smile

Give it a rest people...please support our troops, they are not Mr. Bush after all.