FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doctor Who - The Christmas invasion

dwcnps
Dear readers,

Have any of you seen the Christmas Invasion it's the coolest episode of Doctor Who. Did you see the killer christmas tree spinning around and destroying everything in it's path? or the nasty sycorax Twisted Evil using blood control to control humans with A+ type blood and the doctor swordfighting with a sycorax. The features were endless. So what do you think huh?
neotask
dwcnps wrote:
Dear readers,

Have any of you seen the Christmas Invasion it's the coolest episode of Doctor Who. Did you see the killer christmas tree spinning around and destroying everything in it's path? or the nasty sycorax Twisted Evil using blood control to control humans with A+ type blood and the doctor swordfighting with a sycorax. The features were endless. So what do you think huh?

Yeah, that ones great. Thing is, my brothers obbsesed, and I must of watched every episode loads of time on BBC Three. Dont forget, the new series starts saturday 7.15!
MeddlingMonk
Quote:
Dear readers,

Have any of you seen the Christmas Invasion it's the coolest episode of Doctor Who. Did you see the killer christmas tree spinning around and destroying everything in it's path? or the nasty sycorax using blood control to control humans with A+ type blood and the doctor swordfighting with a sycorax. The features were endless. So what do you think huh?

I've seen all the episodes of the new series so far (up to "Doomsday", that is - since I'm in Australia, we haven't gotten the 2006 Christmas Special "The Runaway Bride" yet), plus a lot of the old (also called the "classic") series.

WARNING - SPOILERS FOLLOW!

"The Christmas Invasion" was good, but I enjoyed the two-parters "The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit" and "Army of Ghosts/Doomsday" more. The build-up to the cliffhanger in both of these is great, especially when you realise in "Army of Ghosts" that the the Sphere (aka the Void Ship) does not actually belong to the Cybermen.

"The Christmas Invasion" works better if you've actually seen the 2005 Children in Need Special (aka "Pudsey Cutaway") where the Doctor starts to behave erratically following his regeneration. It also sets up the idea of Torchwood, which is developed throughout the following season.

In comparison to the other "regeneration" stories (ie. "Power of the Daleks", "Spearhead From Space", "Robot", "Castrovalva", "The Twin Dilemma", "Time and the Rani" and "The TV Movie"), I'd say it's definitely better than some of them (I cannot compare it to "Power of the Daleks" since I haven't seen the recons or heard the audio version yet).
Blu_Spykz
Yes, I watched it on BBC1 on its air date (Christmas 2005) ... and watched it earlier too.

I thought it was a fair episode... certainately a good intro for the new Doctor...but the more recent christmas invasion - the runaway bride with Catherine Tate - was far more enjoyable.
Ennex
i thought it was a good episode, should of have a better sendoff of Rose
dwcnps
I think Doctor Who gets cooler every episode. Comparing Chistmas Invasion and Doomsday, Doomsday makes Chistmas Invasion look pretty old. I mean when I first saw The Cristmas Invasion I thought it was amazing and now I think, it's pretty good but it's not the best thing ever.
Tartaglia
As far as Christmas Invasion goes, which was the season two opener if I remember right, I had no complaints. I do, however, agree with Ennex in thinking that Rose didn't have justice served when it came to writing her off the show. I like how things ended with her, with her parents and Mickey all being together like that, but something was still missing for me...