FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what's the best beer you've ever had?

milkmandan
krombacher.

when i was on an exchange in germany, i had the opportunity to sample a LOT of really good beers. one of the greatest thing about every german beer (and i'm not exaggerating, i do mean every beer) is that it only contains four ingredients: malt, hops, yeast and water. that's it. if you ever see 'gebraut nach dem Reinheitsangebot 1516' on your becks or lowenbrau, you know it's been brewed after the german purity law of 1516. trust me, germans know their beer.

anyway, i've digressed from my point. krombacher is one of the better german beers that i tried. i couldn't say it's the best german beer that i had because there's simply too many, but it was the beer that i loved to drink on a regular basis. crisp and clean with no bad aftertaste. plus you save a square meter for every case you buy.

it's really good, check it out: http://www.krombacher.com
Jeslyn
You must really like your beer.
alkady
Too bad imports in Canada are not found everywhere. But my favorite beer would be Budweiser. I dont know why, But it has this taste that works well with me.
AdamantMonk
I'm not much of a drinker, but I favor Killian's Irish Red
Mumpay
I don't really like beer, but the new pinnapple banana bicardi breezer is SOOO good... if you're a girl, i suppose Wink
chintanpatani
Hi all,
I wanted to get used to this posting thing..
Cud U guide me thru this process?
Code of Ruin
chintanpatani wrote:
Hi all,
I wanted to get used to this posting thing..
Cud U guide me thru this process?

Yes, in fact it is very easy. We have a few boards for various subjects. On those boards are threads, discussions about a particular situation or question. This topic for example is about beer. If you post in a topic make sure you post something that has to do with this topic. So in this topic it would be appropriate if you say what beer you like.
I myself like Belgian beers. Trappiste, Bofferding, Ciney blonde. But I also like Duvel, Brand and quite a few others. I am not much of a beer drinker so usually I drink wine or something stronger.
Vrythramax
Guiness (sp??) I don't normally drink but that's my beverage of choice if I am going to drink. Nothing beats a good Irish beer!!!!

Yeah...I'm Irish Smile
Duncan Idaho
I'd have to go with Sam Adams light. After that is corona.
Nyizsa
Vrythramax wrote:
Guiness (sp??) I don't normally drink but that's my beverage of choice if I am going to drink. Nothing beats a good Irish beer!!!!

Yeah...I'm Irish Smile

Yes, Guinness is my all-time favourite also. Cool
I also like Borsodi Bivaly (a Hungarian one) and Efes (a Turkish one).
An other good one is Holsten, but I haven't drunk that for years now... Crying or Very sad (Speaking about German bier.)
skygaia
I would like to drink beer. I like any kinds of beer.
Especially, Becks dark is my favorite one. and Heineken dark also..
but unfortunately, it is not easy to find them here.
I have lived here for 2yers (ottawa). but i couldn't find them..
CWFwrestling
You just can't beat Corona for the taste, which helps you forget the price.
HDirtwater
Flying Fish Bear. It's brewed in southern New Jersey and it's impossible to get here in FL. I see it every now an then at a specialty store, but it's like $9 a six pack. Doesn't taste that good...
schudder
Several Belgian beers (I mean, how can you not like them Wink) and euhm, strangely enough Borsodi. I went to Hungary on a class trip once (well, a 2 week trip :p) and I drank a lot of Borsodi (and Stella Artois, cause it's the only Belgian beer they seem to have in every bar Razz)
narc
I love all beer.

Except Rice-beer-crap. That would include Budwiser, Coors, Michelob, Mickeys, Busch, and all the other crappy, watered down, brewed with rice stuff that they sell. Yes, it really is brewed with rice.

I live all real beers. What we would call microbrews in the US.

Real beer = malted barley and hopps.
narc
And homebrew. Homebrew is prolly the best beer I have ever had.
manumiglani
Fosters!

Soulfire
I've never really had beer. A couple sips of Bud Light (yuck!) then the German stuff.. don't remember what it was, but it was GOOD.
carl005
Soulfire wrote:
I've never really had beer. A couple sips of Bud Light (yuck!) then the German stuff.. don't remember what it was, but it was GOOD.

Heineken?
THELAW
gonna have to go with budwieser here its never let me down. always good.
HoboPelican
I like lots of different beers. I love the varing tastes.
In no order...
Red Stripe
Corona
Tsing Tao
Iron City [with Pizza! I think it's a family thing Smile ]

I spent a few months in Germany and I can't get real excited about the purity laws. It was good, but I think all the other crap has it's charms, also. Smile Although, I will admit I never had a hang over while there.
hades9366
My favourite Aussie beer is Crown Lager for imports it's Corona. The funny thing about Fosters is that we export a lot of it but most Aussies won't touch it. Crown is Carlton Breweries(also the producer of Fosters) top-selling and best beer.
xujiangpeng
i just drink beers produced in local china, but sometime drink some soft drink like beer
pjv
Ever heard of San Miguel Beer? Not for most of you I think, but when you get to encounter one, grab a bottle of it. It's so good you'll forget what other beer taste likes? hehe Laughing
clip
well, I just posted on the other thread about beers, and I said that I don't like beer, but, well... I actually liked one beer. I think it tasted like cherry for some reason. It was a red horse beer if I'm not mistaken, (and i dunno if you guys ever heard of it yet). but it tasted like cherry and whenever I tell that to my friends, they never believe me. Maybe I have weird taset buds? Laughing
damj
Yeunglings .... I ordered one because I thought it was a Chinses beer, but it's actually American ... very tasty ... otherwise it's Mexican (Corona, Carte Blanca, Dos Equis, ... ) , Canadian (Labattas, Schooners MooseHead ...). Also Red Stripe from Jamaica is quite tasty.
Forgotten Legends
I'm too young to drink.
carlokes
The best beer i've ever had was a Guiness in a summer night with some of my best friends...everything was perfect and that beer tasted like HEAVEN.

My favorite beer mark is Super Bock and i just LUUUUUUUUUVVVV the new Super Bock Tango !! wonderful beer !!
abderrahmman
it's bad
aenemike
I'm a Guinness man myself, but if it's not available I prefer Yuengling (the bottled Yuengling Black and Tan is very good), and then Labatt blue...
mae1strom
SLEEMANS!
rajhank
Never tasted any beer but have drank many times Sparkling Wine
Johnson1522
Here in NC in Chapel Hill there's a small microbrewery w/ a restaurant in front. The Carolina Ale house has some great lagers there...one of their best is called... "House Beer." I'm almost sure it was brewed with corn grain too since it had a somewhat creamy taste. Delicious!
TonkPilz
il hafto say Guinness and Troj a turkish beer vary smooth light to its color whit a thick air'y crone (or head)
gh0stface
The best beer I ever had? Probably two microbrews in Michigan. One located in East Lansing by a bar called Harpers that makes Raspberry Wheat. Another is located in Kalamazoo by Bell's makes a seasonal beer called Oberon.

So good.
kam311
I prefer Amberbock, but there's plenty of other good locally brewed beers in restaurants around here. I've had the opportunity to try German beers, but they are very strong...sometimes thats cool, but not for me.
milkmandan
carl005 wrote:
Soulfire wrote:

Heineken?

i think heineken is from the netherlands if i'm not mistaken, but also a good beer. speaking of german beer, becks, lowenbrau, and bitburger are all really good if you can find them (they have them here in the ontario liquor and beer stores). and krombacher of course, but i already mentioned that one Razz.

i agree with the belgian beers too. i love having an ice cold hoegaarden in the summer. those weissen beers are sooo tasty. canadian beers rock in general. Very Happy
chargoyle
Has anyone tried Rockstar 21? It's new and it's kind of like they took a can of MGD and put some Rockstar in...not too bad.
bulek
I prefer Lasko, the best beer!
leat397
TsingDao Beer from China the No. 1
It's taste pure and fresh and i have not tried any other brand better than that... some time When i was young I felt BlueGirl is good. but now later..I must order TsingDao.(if there is...)
criticaldensity
In PA the best is Yuengling Lager. In fact this is the oldest brewery in America and I'm not much of a beer drinker but i like this brew. In Philly, Boylan's makes a GREAT red Birch Beer. Razz
Synaesthetik
Beez Neez - Its a honey wheat beer and it tastes damn fine. Pity it cost too much! Crying or Very sad
jsrahe
I live in germany and i really can say, that Bitburger is the best Beer. But here are many sorts. Warsteiner, Becks and Erdinger Weißbier are also very popular...
Shiva
Beer is not made for the taste!! but for the effect Wink

I don't drink beer, call me abnormal, but i don't Wink

I prefer stronger things like vodka or absint or something like that Very Happy
milkmandan
yeah, absinth is a lot of fun. when i was in germany on exchange i went to prague for a weekend and picked up two bottles of hill's for 15 euros each (compared to $80CAN each in our liquor stores).

it's good stuff
john01385
a pint of bitter rules. or fosters. or any german beer - NOT american beer (sorry americans)
FerSx
A POLARCITA here in Venezuela is the way to go!
GOD knows what he does, if I’ll live in GERMANY I’ll be a drunk Wink
Its only Tuesday and you’re reminding me of beer… Crying or Very sad
TRANScend
I'm a dark-beer only snob, so I found most of the beers in Europe to be trash. Since most of the best dark beers are imports anyways, I've found the best ones in the states. My all time favorites are James Squire Porter and Stockyard Oatmeal Stout. In fact, if anyone knows of some other great dark beers I'd love to hear about them!
gryx
widmer Hefeweizen is stinkin awsome. Love me som hef. I also like several rare imports like Ayenger wich is like $3 a bottle (at the store) Hefeweizen is availible at many resturaunts and bars ON DRAFT!!!
IceCreamTruck
Nyizsa wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Yeah...I'm Irish Smile

Yes, Guinness is my all-time favourite also. Cool
I also like Borsodi Bivaly (a Hungarian one) and Efes (a Turkish one).
An other good one is Holsten, but I haven't drunk that for years now... Crying or Very sad (Speaking about German bier.)

I used to live in Hungary (also lived in germany) and I hope you guys respect my position on this, but if you don't it's ok. I like Amstel. I'm not talking about Amstel Light that they import into america either. You have to go to Hungary to get a good Amstel Lager, and the trip would be worth your while too.

BTW, I quoted this text above because I would like to point out that according to Hungarian ledgend, I've heard it alot, that Budwieser actually was brought to America by someone who liked the taste of a Hungarian beer by the same name. Without laws to protect the recipe being present at that time, he was able to patent the idea in America and make a fortune off a stolen recipe for beer that we know very well today. The hungarian Budwieser is still alive and well, and sold in Hungary, but no other country's will allow it even though they claim to predate the Popular Budwieser by many years. The Hungarians also teach their children that a hungarian invented the Telephone, but we americans know this to not be true, and that fact is why I don't give them credit for the beer either except to note it here. Enjoy, and look it up if you don't believe me...I only lived there for 4.5 years.

P.S. Brick wall I feel sorry for anyone who's introduction to beer is budlight. It's like saying your introduction to milkshakes was a slimfast. Doesn't quite make sense, although slimfast is much closer to a milkshake then budlight is to beer. lol!! Dancing
[FuN]goku
alkady wrote:
Too bad imports in Canada are not found everywhere. But my favorite beer would be Budweiser. I dont know why, But it has this taste that works well with me.
hey another canadian Very Happy.... anyways i like heineken
dz9c
it's not beer but I like jack daniels Razz
airek
AMERICAN LIGHT BABY! its only 9 bucks for a 30 pack. Its what us kids drink because its so cheap. It taste kind of like cold urine!
faker
i don't like to take beers because i always have a hard getting the gases out but i love whiskey and scotch
pecad0re
Red Bull, it gave me wings LOL
goutha
Celtia...
bdoneck
I love guinness I'd have to say that it is the best beer that i've ever had, though i havent had much variety in my beer and usually drink cheap beer
[FuN]goku
airek wrote:
AMERICAN LIGHT BABY! its only 9 bucks for a 30 pack. Its what us kids drink because its so cheap. It taste kind of like cold urine!
dude........... thats a little sick how would you know what that taste like?
yaashop
somebody said real man drink Bitter (black beer) but i like Lager (Golden beer) of course taste much better and more choice Razz any lager is fine but would be better if it's DRAFT! CHEERS!!
Miniwood
Belgian Trappist beers are great, strong and tasty. Look out for Chimay or Duvel.