FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[*CLOSED*]We're done, please close for me

bladesage
We need ranks for our new forums, we are looking for creativity.

The forums are at http://defection.frih.net/forums/.

This is what we need:

Normal ranks:

1) New Defect - New member
2) Junior User
3) Addicted Defect
4) Defection
5) Dedicated Defector

And the special ranks:

A) Moderator
B) Administrator
C) Deported - Banned

The sooner, the better. Thanks!

BTW, we're still looking for new members.
Jerimiah40
Rank images, you mean? I could try to whip something up for you, but I'm sure there are others who could do a better job.
bladesage
Jerimiah40 wrote:
Rank images, you mean? I could try to whip something up for you, but I'm sure there are others who could do a better job.

Well it is a contest, so you might as well try. I'd like to see as many contestents as possible.
TeenZine
bladesage wrote:

Well it is a contest,
No offence but shouldn't contest be on the contest form ???
bladesage
TeenZine wrote:
bladesage wrote:

Well it is a contest,
No offence but shouldn't contest be on the contest form ???

Not really, in my opinion. I'm going to end up paying smeone for a service, so at the time at least it seemed fit.
Jerimiah40
Okay, I sent you a PM with a link to my entry in it Smile
squirrelmaster
Here's my entries:
you can resize them to your needs

bladesage
squirrelmaster wrote:
Here's my entries:
you can resize them to your needs

Those are nice, we'll have to see what my partner thinks, and wait for the contest to end.
TeenZine
How long tell the contest ends ? I want to enter i can give u an example in a few min any pertictular size u need
DeFwh
we will end the contest around the 20th if people start to post more examples. And also to everyone please try to make some unique ranks not just generic backgrounds, plz get creative.

we payin 60frih$ for only 8 ranks so we want some good ones and we will give some more out if youres are amazing.
Assiez
is there a standard size you want them in?
Animal
Moved to Contests forum.
TeenZine

one sec the other ones should be done shortly
dz9c
Here are my entries! Hosted on geocities so if they stop working, just contact me.
http://geocities.com/dz9c9/buttons/
What do you think?
EDIT: By the way, the button's background matches your forum color Smile
Blaster
dz9c wrote:
Here are my entries! Hosted on geocities so if they stop working, just contact me.
http://geocities.com/dz9c9/buttons/
What do you think?
EDIT: By the way, the button's background matches your forum color Smile

They look awesome. They have my vote. Very Happy The other ones are two big. Be resonable now people
dz9c
And here is a preview of what they would look like on your forum
http://www.geocities.com/dz9c9/buttons/preview.gif
Cool

EDIT: link didnt work, now it does, had to reduce preview file quality to a .gif format due to geocities crappy bandwith. if it doesnt work right now, just wait an hour or so and it should be workin again
bladesage
Here are dz9c's pics:

Keep trying, everyone!
squirrelmaster
yeah, those are WAY better than mine!!

you got my vote now!
dz9c
This contest ends the 20th right??
bladesage
dz9c wrote:
This contest ends the 20th right??

Yes, any reason you wanted to know?
dz9c
Yea just curious because if you need me to edit them a little, nows the time to tell me.
bladesage
dz9c wrote:
Yea just curious because if you need me to edit them a little, nows the time to tell me.

I'll have DeFwh have a look, I think they're nice. Unless there's a way you can add in a small image for each rank, like frihost does. Not to rip them off of course, but he wants them to be unique...otherwise they're awesome, since they match the theme so well.
dz9c
I would like to, however I tried to make these as small as I could when it comes to wideness, but your deidcated defector rank is extremely long and increased all the images width by like 20 pixels...so adding a little icon for each is gonna like make them 200+ pixels which is not gonna look cool...
bladesage
dz9c wrote:
I would like to, however I tried to make these as small as I could when it comes to wideness, but your deidcated defector rank is extremely long and increased all the images width by like 20 pixels...so adding a little icon for each is gonna like make them 200+ pixels which is not gonna look cool...

Well, that's cool too. You could make the text a bit smaller, but I like them as it is anyway, so you don't have to go through the trouble.
testoo
I'll try to create some too
I've already made some ranks for heady or madsencarl, so I may do a good work! Smile

Regards
dz9c
Oop what do you know, I lost lol, testoo is a god at buttons. I dont have a chance. Oh well, I like a good challenge Smile
bladesage
dz9c wrote:
Oop what do you know, I lost lol, testoo is a god at buttons. I dont have a chance.

Chill out, the contest isn't over just yet. We'll have to wait and see.
Blaster
But it is the truth. Testo is one of the best here Very Happy lukeakadanish is up there with testo Very Happy
bladesage
Blaster wrote:
But it is the truth. Testo is one of the best here Very Happy lukeakadanish is up there with testo Very Happy

Well then, I can't wait to see them.

We will judge by what we think is best, not whoever has the best reputation.

Anyone may feel free to join in, it's an open contest Very Happy.
Blaster
When you say we do you mean me too? Or just you and DeFwh?
bladesage
Blaster wrote:
When you say we do you mean me too? Or just you and DeFwh?

Well, I'm sure your opinion will certainly matter, but mostly DeFwh and I. We are both open to your input of course. Which reminds me, did you check your PM on defection?
Blaster
Yea i got it. Also we will disscuss it in the sercret of your forum Very Happy
testoo
OK here's my try:

I'm not the god of buttons lol!
Thanks anyway Very Happy but Luke is really better than me Laughing

Blade, If you like or dislike please tell me why!
Hope you enjoy!

Regards
Testoo
bladesage
testoo wrote:
OK here's my try:

Hope you enjoy!

Regards
Testoo

I think they are quite nice Smile. Not perfect, but nothing really is. They match the theme almost as well, and they look like they have uniqueness to some extent. So now, until more people try, we're deciding between 2 sets. It looks pretty 50/50 right now.
bladesage
testoo wrote:
OK here's my try:

Hope you enjoy!

Regards
Testoo

Oh, I just noticed, defector should be dedicated defector. I know it might be a bit tough, but perhaps you could make it a two-liner?
Blaster
I like how it says defector. I think it adds a little something different to it. Very Happy
bladesage
Blaster wrote:
I like how it says defector. I think it adds a little something different to it. Very Happy

The problem is, defection and defector sound too much alike Sad.
dz9c
Very nice testoo! May the best designer person win Smile
Blaster
bladesage wrote:
Blaster wrote:

The problem is, defection and defector sound too much alike Sad.

Yea it is true. I also posted one luke made in he admin part of the forums.
testoo
I've created another style of button I find quite nice...
You can choose it if you want but I think I'll use it for my website, and I've already submitted it in another contest... So, if this button win, You may not be the only one who's got it...

PS: If you ever want, Ive got smaller (and ugglier) and bigger (and nicer) version.

The other contest: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-34450.html
Blaster
If you win you will also get 100 dollars on our site. (sorry for not talking it over with you boss) Razz Very Happy
dz9c
So who won? its the 20th...
bladesage
dz9c wrote:
So who won? its the 20th...

I want to say it was you, I like your best. But I'm afraid we still need DeFwh and Blaster's votes before we can decide. We didn't announce it yet, but there will be a runner-up prize as well Smile. We don't know how much yet, but we'll certainly let everyone know.
DeFwh
dz9c wins.
can u cut out around the edges and seend em to bladesage please!

Thanks for everyones hard work!
dz9c
Very Happy Thank you! Those actually were my first rank images/buttons/ whatever lol Um cutting around the edgs, you mean like instead of keeping the background color like it is at your forum, make it transparent?
bladesage
dz9c wrote:
Very Happy Thank you! Those actually were my first rank images/buttons/ whatever lol Um cutting around the edgs, you mean like instead of keeping the background color like it is at your forum, make it transparent?

I believe he just means the very corners, not the actual background right behind the text. Also, if you subscribe to our forums, we'll pay the 100 def$ there that Blaster mentioned. Otherwise, no big deal.

So, yeah, I just think he's refering to the far corners, those tiny dark grey bits there. If you fix those, that's great Very Happy.
Blaster
I take it that way too. But if you register with our forums we will give you a hundred def$
dz9c
I registered at your forum Smile As for the edges, if you want them transparent, Im trying but photoshop wont let me or I dont know how. Im trying to paint the edges "Clear" but "clear" is faded and I cant select it Mad
bladesage
dz9c wrote:
I registered at your forum Smile As for the edges, if you want them transparent, Im trying but photoshop wont let me or I dont know how. Im trying to paint the edges "Clear" but "clear" is faded and I cant select it Mad

Np, I'll take care of it. I already have the pics, so that's fine. I'll also pay you the def$. Thanks!!
Helios
Closed 'cause you've asked.

If you'll need to re-open it, send a PM to some Mod.

-close-