FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

stupid woman at McDonalds

qbawler311
I just wanna know what you think possesses someone to do this.

I was at McDonalds one day waiting it line with this woman behind me. I noticed she was standing a bit close, but I ignored here. When the old woman infront of me at the cash needed some space to turn around her walker and move aside, I took a small step back to give her some room. The woman behind me then comes and stands beside. The old woman is still locking me, but not the woman beside me and she goes up and starts to order. With room now I go up right beside her and say something like "What are you doing, I was infront of you?" She then says that she doesnt know what I'm talking about to the cashier and she continues ordering. I get pissed and push my shoulder in front of hers and say "No you weren't." Then she makes up this story to the casier saying that I just came out of nowhere and was trying to cut in line. I saw something back and finally someone who was behind us both cuts in and says that I was there first. The crazy woman gets all pissed off and marches over to another line, cuts right in front and orders.

I don't know wtf this woman was trying to do. I wasn't about to let her just cut in front of me as this was at a mall and the line was pretty long, and I also felt she may have made up the story because I'm young. It just seemed insane that she would make up a story that I cut in just so she could order 2min sooner. If she was in a hurry or late for something she could've just said so and asked me to cut like a civilized person... What do you think possessed her to do this? She looked like a real idiot after the lady behind us settled the argument.
Garnet
Sounds like you're still pissed off about it Wink

Honestly I have no idea why she couldn't wait for one more person to order. What blows me away is that she went and did it again infront of you guys (that's remorse eh?). Maybe it was just one of those days for her and she decided she'd had it with everything. Either way I can understand the frustration especially if it looks like ageism.
izcool
That's quite strange to me because over where I work (I work at a carwash in Chicago as a cashier) and several times in the days I work, I have people who insist on other people going in front of them. "No, no, after you". Then the same they say back to them. Eventually someone else walks up and I process the carwash into the cash register and all lol. Just the way of the world I would think.

- Mike.
AdamantMonk
I would guess the lady had some experience earlier like someone cut her off or something.. and she has anger issues... I think people like that are funny, but I wouldn't if put in your place (course I'm not a fast food type person)
dz9c
Smack that b**ch up, twas what I woulda done. Well not really but probably would have wanted to do.
Kaisonic
Wow man, that's pretty messed up. I tell ya, some people can be real jerks. I can't think of any specific examples at the moment, but I'm sure I've experienced this kind of thing before. You know what's really crazy though, is when you call those technical support lines and you always end up with some Indian person that you can barely understand. That really makes me mad. I had some trouble with that today, I could barely understand the lady! I had to have said "pardon me?" like 10 times at least. But now I'm just rambling.
AdamantMonk
I hate how half the time they don't know what they're talking about (tech support). Like my Etherned Port boke on my Xbox a while back. The diagnosis?

Buy some new A/V cords OK bye.

WTF?
Traveller
qbawler311 wrote:
stupid woman at McDonalds

Isn't that redundant or tautological? Laughing
Jeslyn
Sounds like she's had quite the affect on you.
Let it go.
alkady
I'm with you 100% Q, I hate people who are so ignorant as her. It's funny, Something like that happened to me too. It happened a few months ago during an extremely cold winter. I went to a bus stop which had a long line, But then everyone went in the metro station because it was too cold. Then I wait like 30 Minutes for a bus, But none comes. So I'm thinking perhaps I should go a few stop back to kill time, But I decide to just go to the now empty bus stop. The bus finally comes and everyone comes out. Obviously I went back many times in the station because it was cold, So I was perhaps the 4th person in line. But that didnt really matter. But then an Old Guy comes up and cuts me saying he was there earlier. Obviously the story gets a bit vulgar afterwards with insults being exchanged.
Yazz
Meh, whenever I go on the Metro or on busses, I always try to let everyone get on before me. I don't mind standing. But yeah, if someone is uncourteous to me when I really need a seat after a hard day, then I'll give them a small piece of my mind.

It's kinda hard though, because they might be french, and I can't speak french well, let alone cussing them out till they cried.

-Yazz
Blaster
She was a fat hugry ******. I hate people like that. They think they are king of the world. We had some lady do that at a gas station before. My dad got out and some other guy did too and started arguing with her. We see it was all over like $2 in gas. But we had to wait why she talked to someone and was being a real ass. People are in a hurry to go nowhere. Well at least where i live.

I too would understand if you nearly ran out of gas and had a pregnet girl in your car. But for something like what she did was un-needed.

But it happens everywhere. Not only in McDonadles. People like this really need to stop. Some people don't take this as well as others. It could end up to someone getting so pissed that they kill you. Now would you really want that for what? 4 minutes saved?

There are too many people in a hurry. The important thing is that you dont' take what they do and have people back you up on the thing. Make sure peopel see.
oneightwo
just another rude, ignorant person. i hate them, but unfortunately the world is full of them. it sucks but you just have to live with them, unfortunately.

maybe this woman was suffering from fatty-food addiction and couldn't last another minute without her hourly dose of fatty-foods? Laughing
Blaster
Yea i know what you are saying there. If you where in america then that is what most of use eat. (not all of course) People are so ingrante now a days. Things come faster if you wait.... Wink
madsencarl

I don't think of myself as ignorant, but I don't move for these people (like, if my school bags blocking the aisle):

• asian wiggas
  • kids younger than me (seriously they think they're top sh*t, they're so arrogant and they p*ss me off
  • old asian women
  • people who expect me to give way
  • old asian men
  • people who talk at the top of their voices
  • people who talk at the top of their voices whilst on the phone
  • people who talk on their phone using loudspeaker
  • fat people

I'm not racist with the asians, I just live in a place in Aus where they make up 95% percent of the people there.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'll add more later.

word.
Blaster
I can sometimes understand for stuff like that. People can be igrnite about it. But just as a race no. I would only do it to people i know.
Helios
Well, if you're wondering why couldn't she wait for 2 minutesm, I'll ask you this question: Couldn't YOU wait for 2 minutes? Wink
Jeslyn
madsencarl wrote:

I don't think of myself as ignorant, but I don't move for these people (like, if my school bags blocking the aisle):

• asian wiggas
  • kids younger than me (seriously they think they're top sh*t, they're so arrogant and they p*ss me off
  • old asian women
  • people who expect me to give way
  • old asian men
  • people who talk at the top of their voices
  • people who talk at the top of their voices whilst on the phone
  • people who talk on their phone using loudspeaker
  • fat people

I'm not racist with the asians, I just live in a place in Aus where they make up 95% percent of the people there.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'll add more later.

word.

And I suppose not moving just to temporarily displeasure someone else makes you feel...... better about yourself?
Seems like an odd thing to brag about.
Vrythramax
Ignorant people are everywhere and sometimes we have to deal with them.

Just let it go, she's not going to change so way let it bother you?
cavey
There are many bitter old people that obviously spend their day going out making other days miserable. Me - they just give a big laugh (Not to their face though, I wait til I get home).

I worked in a curtain shop once. And every day, we would have old people entering the shop and naging about everything. F.ex. why one employee wouldnt leave another customer to help her, even though there were other employees available. Or yelling into the lunch room - why they (in their unpayed lunch!) are sitting there just goofing off while she needs help? They also say nasty hurtful things to the young employees with no reason.

While shopping a soda + newspaper once. I had an old lady pushing me real hard with her full shopping cart. She obvously were very angry because I did not offer me to let her go before me. Let's just say, she did not convince me!

I am always nice to old people, or people that needs a helping hand, a seat etc. But if they are rude, they should learn that that's not the way ask for help (just like children). Its not my job to teach them good behaviour, so I just ignore them instead.
Soulfire
Sort of like when I'm at Cedar Point, and I see people just walking to the front of the line and cutting in front of everyone else. But yeah, you'd be surprised at how stupid people can be.
Traveller
Soulfire wrote:
But yeah, you'd be surprised at how stupid people can be.

To take a quote from the movie Snatch, "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
narc
That's not a woman, that's a man.. man.
mathiaus
Helios wrote:
Well, if you're wondering why couldn't she wait for 2 minutesm, I'll ask you this question: Couldn't YOU wait for 2 minutes? Wink

ah now if everyone waits 2 minutes and someone pushes i front then yo have to wait an extra 2 minutes. Thats 2 minutes on top of what you've already waited Wink

I hate people that push in, whether its in a line or conversation etc. It makes it worse though when they either
a) lie about being infront of you/never having seen you before
and/or
b) are so ignorant they actually dont see you Evil or Very Mad
chargoyle
Well it's your fault for standing between her an and order of french fries... Wink jk, buddy. But I believe there is a scientific term for people like this and it is "lame."
RhysAndrews
It's actually said elderly women have a knack for cutting in, they just don't see the concept of waiting. I've had it done to me many times, and sure enough, most of them were at McDonalds. Either she was a woman like that, or she was just a fat hungy woman. Either way, be sure to stay in front.

-Rhys
Helios
mathiaus, I don't have this problem at all.

I cook my own burgers Laughing
At home Laughing

At least I know what I'm making them from - quality meat.
Not like McDonalds, they make their burgers from rat meat Razz

I also pay less.

You should consider learning how to cook Smile
No fat women that'll push you around Razz
salman_500
maybe she wanted to go to the toilet....lol

you know maybe she thought she'd order first then go and rest in the toilet and by the time shes back her food wud be ready and she cud fill up...

lol... coudn't think of nythin else.....lol
hack_man_
At least you were no on the roads here in the UAE!!!

These morons in fast cars will do anything to get half an inch further. There are 3 people killed on the roads every day!
oneightwo
stupid woman at mcdonalds was teases as a child. she wasn't very intelligent, atractive, witty or fun. She was fat and spent most of her time playing 'lick the cactus'. Her parents thought she would learn from the first time. she didn't.

As she moved from pre school, from primary school, life got harder. she had no friends, and no one to share her feelings with, although this didn't realy matter, because she hadn't learnt the basic skill of [i]social interaction[/b].

soon she began to wonder why people where teasing her, she thought that everyone was her friend. It turned out, she was stupid.

stupid woman at mcdonalds wrote:
eye thort dey wer al mi frenz!!111!!1!!1one!1exclamation1!1

soon she was given and ultimatum; she had to pass a test, if she didn't she would be stuck in first grade forever!

She took the test, and recieved a certificate, which she framed and hung on her wall. Unfortunately 'F' doesn't stand for 'fantastic' and 'dey' isn't how you spell 'they'...
Vrythramax
it jst goes to show Murphy was right.."build something idiot proof and someone else will build a better idiot".
webapp
Remember the woman who first spilled hot McDonald’s coffee in her lap? How could I forget her? I wouldn’t have a career if it weren’t for her. Well, her soul has escaped from her body and jumped into another…

An Oklahoma woman who burned herself with Burger King coffee has settled her Greene County lawsuit against the restaurant chain.

Donna Aslanis claimed Burger King was negligent for burns she suffered after she spilled hot coffee from a Rolla restaurant on herself eight years ago.

The former Missourian had sought damages to pay for medical care and other costs because a restaurant employee allegedly failed to tell her the coffee was hot. Springfield attorney Monte Clithero, who represented Burger King, denied the chain was responsible.

The employee denied to tell her the coffee was hot? It’s coffee! It’s supposed to be hot! If fast food employees are supposed to tell us what’s wrong with their food, then every “Flounder” in America should sue Burger King for not telling them that their food would make their hearts explode. Whoops.

The hot coffee incident happened back in 1998 when Aslanis bought two cups of the lava hot beverage at a drive-through window. She poured one of the coffees into her own plastic container when the flimsy lid gave way scalding her legs, thighs, buttocks and genitalia. That’s when she said she learned the coffee was hot - not the steam from the cup, not the “Careful honey, it’s hot” from the underpaid employee, not the label on the side of the cup that said it was hot. It was the scalding of her naughty parts that made her realize it was hot.

After months of litigation, Burger King and Aslanis reached a settlement this week. She received an undisclosed amount, an apology and one of those cardboard crowns.
cavey
They should really start serving cold coffee. And when the customer complains, they could say; "No, I'm pretty sure you did not ask for hot coffee..."

I cannot believe there can exist such stupid people!
Pablo Diablo
Tha has happened to me a few times in my life. I always get peeved and want to say something, but don't want to cause a commotion. I would say 50% of the time I've said something.
dannywebdesign
well, look at where you at? a fastfood place? you goto a cheap place? you get cheap peoples, get the hint yet?
alkady
I did some research about this Donna Aslanis Lady and she sure has some issues, She is a sad lady I tell you, First of all she's 52, Old enough to know this isnt her first coffee experience and by now she should know better than all of us "Coffee is Hot", Apparantly they are accusing Burger King of giving her a defective lid?????? C'mon even if she spilled the coffee, The pressure of all that coffee would force the lid to burst or atleast spill half the cup since the Coffee lids have an opening that is wide enough for that to happen.

This no sense and shows how people are desperate for money. I've spilled coffee, But that doesnt give me a reason to sue. Perhaps that lady should also sue God for not preventing that event from happening and so on and so forth.

By the way, The suit was 4 years ago and her Settlement is within the $25,000 and above range.
Vrythramax
alkady wrote:
I did some research about this Donna Aslanis Lady and she sure has some issues, She is a sad lady I tell you, First of all she's 52, Old enough to know this isnt her first coffee experience and by now she should know better than all of us "Coffee is Hot", Apparantly they are accusing Burger King of giving her a defective lid?????? C'mon even if she spilled the coffee, The pressure of all that coffee would force the lid to burst or atleast spill half the cup since the Coffee lids have an opening that is wide enough for that to happen.

This no sense and shows how people are desperate for money. I've spilled coffee, But that doesnt give me a reason to sue. Perhaps that lady should also sue God for not preventing that event from happening and so on and so forth.

By the way, The suit was 4 years ago and her Settlement is within the $25,000 and above range.

Shocked can you give us some url's, I would love to read some of this. Smile

c'mon...share with us!

Nice work btw.
alkady
Vrythramax wrote:
alkady wrote:

Shocked can you give us some url's, I would love to read some of this. Smile

c'mon...share with us!

Nice work btw.

Thanks for the compliment, It really makes my work worthwhile, LOL.

Anyhow here are the links:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/806345/posts

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/powder-keg/8134-fast-food-coffee-may-hot-water-again.html

http://www.overlawyered.com/2006/03/burger_king_hot_coffee_lawsuit.html

other than that, You can always google "Aslanis Burger King" youll still find more articles on this that I havent read yet.
Rookiejas
man some ppl are so arogant
i hate ppl who cut in lines with out asking!
But i love making ppl look stupid. Laughing
aenemike
McDonalds is more addictive than Crack... she probably just needed her fix...
karysky
It's sad to read stories about such people!

Incredible how many people have no manners.

It's sad, really.
aerialdreams
lol, this is really pathetic... it sounds like she's almost drunk or something...
Summer
forget it my friend...dun mind it and most important is we wont do this
Davidgr1200
Funny how these things escalate. Perhaps she was annoyed because she'd just been to walmart and someone pushed in front of her there, then she pushed in front of you and made you angry. Probably caused you to me less nice to someone else.......
I find it often works to do the opposite. Someone behind me in a shop has 2 or 3 items whilst I have a trolley full. I let them in front, they are pleased and probably help someone else later on (I've seen it happen). A bit more of this and the world could be a better place....or not.
xorcist
She proberly thought you were with the other girl taht was in front of you and then proberly realized that you werent and said that you werent there first. I would of just let her go it doesnt really matter its Mcdonalds and you would get your food so fast, but I'm proberly saying that because it depends on the mood I'm in.
psycosquirrel
Probably not. My aunt is (unfortunately) just like the lady that cut you. People like that are always trying to push other people's buttons to get them to react. For my aunt, she trys to get the reaction to be so bad from the victim that she can sue them. I can't stand my aunt; I have not seen her in years. I really wish she would stop calling our house though Rolling Eyes You would think she would understand us ignoring her and leave my family alone...
FriBogdan
It's really sad that some people are stupid enough so they could do such things Sad(. And it is sad that it happened to me. Many many times people try this things. Sometimes...if i really don't want to get upset u just ignore ... the minor thing's... BUT in such cases u must respond, it is just like a challenge. If that person is stupid and i defy's u u must put things back in order. I don't say here that u must fight or hurt somebody , but if u can by word or other method to clear thing's up and win..go 4 it.
cbf-cma
man... what a scary barbarous world it is out there! NOT! Let me tell you something stupid.

ONe time I was doing community service for a prank phone call (yeah!) and I just asked one of the "inmates" what time it was. He just said "WTF did you call me?! and chased me with a shovel down a dark alley way. He swung at my face but I ducked at the last second and ran like hell. I think the kid was doing service for burglary or something.

Moral of the story. Don't make prank phone calls!
alkady
cbf-cma wrote:
man... what a scary barbarous world it is out there! NOT! Let me tell you something stupid.

ONe time I was doing community service for a prank phone call (yeah!) and I just asked one of the "inmates" what time it was. He just said "WTF did you call me?! and chased me with a shovel down a dark alley way. He swung at my face but I ducked at the last second and ran like hell. I think the kid was doing service for burglary or something.

Moral of the story. Don't make prank phone calls!

The moral of the real story is don't prank someone nearby or that you know. Other than that have fun calling people at 2:00AM at night and ask them if the fridge is working. Or my fav, Is to call them at night and ask the victim if he would like to subscribe to Skank Magazine and get indepht about the product.
bdoneck
Because people have no respect anymore. That was honorable of you to back up to let that lady out but the lady behind you just saw an oppertunity to get out of there 30 seconds earlier and pushed her way in.

It's rediculous what people will do these days for what they want, they don't care about anybody but themselves and I am really sick of it.
[FuN]goku
dz9c wrote:
Smack that b**ch up, twas what I woulda done. Well not really but probably would have wanted to do.
yeah xD
guissmo
qbawler311 wrote:
I just wanna know what you think possesses someone to do this.

I was at McDonalds one day waiting it line with this woman behind me. I noticed she was standing a bit close, but I ignored here. When the old woman infront of me at the cash needed some space to turn around her walker and move aside, I took a small step back to give her some room. The woman behind me then comes and stands beside. The old woman is still locking me, but not the woman beside me and she goes up and starts to order. With room now I go up right beside her and say something like "What are you doing, I was infront of you?" She then says that she doesnt know what I'm talking about to the cashier and she continues ordering. I get pissed and push my shoulder in front of hers and say "No you weren't." Then she makes up this story to the casier saying that I just came out of nowhere and was trying to cut in line. I saw something back and finally someone who was behind us both cuts in and says that I was there first. The crazy woman gets all pissed off and marches over to another line, cuts right in front and orders.

I don't know wtf this woman was trying to do. I wasn't about to let her just cut in front of me as this was at a mall and the line was pretty long, and I also felt she may have made up the story because I'm young. It just seemed insane that she would make up a story that I cut in just so she could order 2min sooner. If she was in a hurry or late for something she could've just said so and asked me to cut like a civilized person... What do you think possessed her to do this? She looked like a real idiot after the lady behind us settled the argument.

Well, I had a same experience.

This old man cut the line and ordered A LOT. I got pissed and moved to a shorter line. (There were a lot of lines, actually). When I moved there, I figured that the one person infront of me was ordering a lot too. So I went to a longer line. About halfway, the cash register closed and forced us to go to a new line...

Who's luckier? Razz You or Me?
orbital
Someone of them can behave like robots.

This annoys me too much.

They are speaking kindly but this is not sincerely.

They should behave like kind people.
firebrandglass
First, respect your elders. Especially if they're crazy. Their lives are probably very difficult already so give up your space to them, what have you lost. Two minutes? Now you've lost a day thinking about it, and posting about it, instead of having a day feeling good about yourself because you let a crazy lady "get one over on you".

Second of all... leave crazy people alone. You will never win because they don't play by the rules.
tingkagol
some people are just assh*les. plain and simple. i just wonder how they sleep at night--- i just hope they'd have one of those stupid nightmares.
criticaldensity
the problem is that you were in McDonalds. Not exactly the place which attracts intelligent, personable human beings. Confused
MWANGI
It is also possible that she had taken some illegal drugs or substances that affect the brain by killing millions of braincells in a matter of minutes especially that marijuana thing. Its very dangerous. if you meet her again, please tell her to stop using them.

Another possible cause is she might have just watched those movies that have many teenagers and kids who make suckers out of Adults and decided to revenge with a passion. She may also be suffering from a mental disease(Most Likely).Lord!
Johnson1522
I have stupid mess like that happen to me all the time...glad to know it's not just me
mae1strom
lol
soulman
We have to live with this kind of people, I come across this kind of event once ago. I was ordering the airplane ticket last year, I was waiting after the yellow line, two fat men stand directly in front of me and cry to the casher for their tickets.

I even forgot to angry at that time, I was wondering if they are drunk or really stupid...
UnikeViruz
Can't give ya a real answer for this one, sorry. But I cant tell you that this is America and we have some crazy a** mother f*****'s here.
pjv
What do I think of her? She must soooo really hungry to to that. I mean, why on earth will she play dumb and ignorant to acknowledge that you were in front of her.

People like her doesn't deserve to be remember. Forget it or it will just add up to your wrinkles soon. Laughing
Bosleee
i dont blame you for goin mad they say treat your elders with respect .... so does that mean they can treat us young'un like something off bottom of their shoe??
denggi
Bah..I just think that in the world we can't expect everyone to be rational thinking beings. It's probably be some kinda utopia. There's always an ass-hole around, just learn to ignore and 'forgive' them...you'll live longer with less stress man.

And about respect, it needs to be earned. But...until it is earned, i would give them the benefit of the doubt...until they prove they're ******.
AtcPhoenix
I just know i work at a theme park and if someone goes to cut the line, they get sent all the way out...

bastards cant cut my line.
S3nd K3ys
Not having read all replies, I'll ask: was she hispanic? :duck:

Reason I ask is that in Mexico, the more wealthy people have the common practice of cutting in line, and for some reason think they can do it in the US.
Bob Simmons
Some people are just like that i guess...
Rmgk
If your not in something that you can get in trouble for eg school uniform go absolutley crazy start yelling, it gives you good practice for drama Razz