FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

beer taste good

qbawler311
You are fourteen. What I mean is remember what happened in your life when you were fourteen. Who were your friends? What school were you in? What did you do for fun?

If you are reading this post, I stereotype you as a person who grew up in a western culture, and 'experimented' with beer for the first time at around fourteen.

Now that I've got you accessing the relevant part of your brain, can you remember your first experience with beer? How did it taste? I'll be honest. When I first tried beer (at about 15 years of age) I thought it tasted horrible, but I drank it anyway because it was the right thing to do. And nine years later I realise that I like the taste of beer.

So, am I abnormal, or does beer taste like crap and everyone just goes through the painful right process of getting used to it before 'appreciating' it. Then people pretend it tasted good all along but maybe they just didn't know it at the time.

wtf?
Subsonic Sound
It's an acquired taste - made all the more difficult to acquire by the fact that the most commonly available and cheap beers are cheap and nasty, watery chemical knockoffs. I'm talking about mass-produced lagers and the like... that barely qualify as beer at all.

It's much easier to develop a good taste for beer with the real stuff - if you can find some Coniston Bluebird floating around, give that a try. It's superb.

There are lists and guides on the CAMRA website ( http://www.camra.org.uk/ ) which will help you out. Smile

Personally I started on the cheap and nasty stuff, and didn't much like it at all. I moved on to vodka, mainly. My dad's a real ale man though, so it wasn't long before I was converted. I remember he bought a 72-pint keg of Black Sheep Bitter for my mum's 40th... I was converted that night. Very Happy
HDirtwater
I drank my first beer (aside from a sip of Dad's here and there) when I was exactly 14. It tasted like total urine. I didn't like beer enough to drink it regularly until I was about 19-20 and I didn't have enough money to buy anything else.

:-&
Mr Smith
I haven never liked the taste of beer, as I am only 15 :P

Anyway... Its a bit like how I USED to hate pizza... I can't believe I did...

Coffee sucks also =/
mschnell
No, I didn't start drinking beer around the age of 14. I drank for the first time around 19. ...I was at a party and I did a kegstand--28 seconds. I don't know how that happened to be my first beer drinking experience but it did and I've been liking beer more and more ever since. And yah, American beer tastes horrid.
Helios
I tried beer even earlier, but to be honest, I didn't like it and because of that I stopped.

Now I like beer and coffee, can't fall asleep or wake up w/o those 2 Razz
Marston
Holy underage drinking, batman!
dz9c
I like beer heehe. I only have it when my parents have it on special occasions and its quite a treat. The alcohol does not bother me that much. Jack Daniels was pretty strong though lol
Vrythramax
alot of beers do taste like crap, but not all of them....and what are you guys/gals doing drinking at such a young age??
Prosser05
I started drinking when i was 15. We were at my friends house and we all wanted to try it. Funniest night of my life. I woke up on the floor with a pillow and blanket? lol and my friends told me i was trying to hit them because they thought i had too much to drink. They were probaly right, haha. But it was fun so...I say if your going to drink, drink in moderation.
Vrythramax
Prosser05 wrote:
I started drinking when i was 15. We were at my friends house and we all wanted to try it. Funniest night of my life. I woke up on the floor with a pillow and blanket? lol and my friends told me i was trying to hit them because they thought i had too much to drink. They were probaly right, haha. But it was fun so...I say if your going to drink, drink in moderation.

Drinking in moderation is cool if you feel you must drink, but NOT drinking at all is much better for you. Yeah, I have heard all the stats that say a drink now and then is good for you...but if it makes you wrap your car around a tree, or possibly kill someone....than that just can't be good for you.
carl005
Up until this year, I had never really drank that much before. First beer I ever had was disgusting, mainly because I didn't know it was a beer (just took a sip from a glass I thought was ginger ale, didn't finish it), I think was 12 at the time. Second beer I ever had was last year and frankly, unless I'm high or already a bit liquored up, beer tastes like really bad tea. Even non-cheap generic beer tastes like bad tea to me. I'm more of a rum guy myself. I'm 18 now.
seanooi
I drank my first can of beer when i was probably around 12, but can't really take much back then.
But now, i can probably consume about 4-5 bottles, but that much really causes my stomach to bloat from the gas.
Sukozu
First beer was at spring when i was 15y old, we had a party at the beach and had a real fun time until some bypassing people called the cops on us, lucky for me i was a bit away taking a load off Smile hopped on my bike and quietly biked home Surprised

ah the sweet sweet taste of beer! loved it from teh very first time!
(had nicked some of me dads good stuff)
kung_fu_stu
The first time I tried beer I was probably about 12. Naturally I didn't like it, because I believe it is a taste you aquire with age. You force yourself to drink it so you can get drunk and eventually you learn to love it. Such is life.
DecayClan
Well, i don't like beer at all.I tried beer i was very young(less than 10), and i have tried Many different kind of beers, but i believe that all of them suck!I believe that it must be a pshycological thing.Here in Greece, you can get alcohol at any age Smile .Of course there are laws banning it, but NOONE follows them, so...Get your 10-year old son go and buy you a beer Smile .
clip
I'm 20 and I still don't like beer. I don't even have plans of trying to like it at all. I actually like wine better. Though I only do social drinking.

I have this thing stuck in my head that "I won't ever be drunk for no apparent reason" and "I won't be addicted to any vices" which is actually working fine with me as of now.
leat397
Agree!!!!!!!!!!!
especially when you are in the state of getting drunken soon Laughing