FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Easter

mrwojtas
Tell me, how do you spend Easter in your country?
mrwojtas
well, in Poland we attach importance to traditions, so Easter is the same for years(=it doesn't change).
We've got something called "Triduum Paschalne", which are four days of holiday -Great Friday, Great Saturday and the Sunday of Easter.
On friday we're celebrating the passion of Jesus and his died. In this day we're fasting and in the church the bells aren't ringing.
On saturday we're going to church with "Święconka" - a basket with butter-ram, salt, cheese, sausage and ham. Also we're praying on the Jesus grave.
On sunday we're celebrating the Resurection of Jesus. We've a ceremonial dinner.In the church we're singing "Aleluja", which mean that Jesus is alive.
Bones
Hrm that's only three days...what's the fourth day? Great hangover recovery day?
Blaster
For us we have dinner at my grandmothers and I hang out with my cousins. Chow on some candy. All of that fun stuff.
noexes89
I'm going to dye Easter eggs pretty colors and paint bunnies and duckies on them. Then I will go egg someone's house. They will look at the damage and say, "Damn you kids!" but then see the colored egg peaces and say, "Aww, how festive." Then they will call the police on me. Ah ah, I'm just kidding. But yea.

I really don't get what's up with the whole egg thing. I heard somewhere that there used to be, like, springtime festivals with eggs and stuff in European culture before Christianity and Easter was timed to coincide with that. I'm not trying to say that the Christian side an legit, it just happened that way.

Anyway, bunnies? Yea.
madsencarl
Not really all that big here in Aus. Well not me anyway. Hell, gimme some eggs yo!
dz9c
Nothing much. Just gotta get the gf something by then or im screwed lol
Mumpay
going to my parents who are having many friends of the family over for a huge late lunch. hopefully locating a huge stash of chocolates somewhere and pig out. decorating easter eggs. Relaxing in the warmer weather (FINALLY! the sun came back!)
Code of Ruin
Friday we do nothing particular. Saturday I go to work like usual. Sunday we have a huge Easter Breakfast. I alone already eat one of those special easter breads so you can imagine what we are like with 4 people Laughing and the same on monday. We usually also visit some family.
Vrythramax
Going to Church, then visiting friends or family and eating like a pig. I know it's not the best way to celebrate...but it works for me Smile
quick_basic
Eh. I don't celebrate easter.
Soulfire
We get up and go to a nice Church mass, then go to out aunt's house for a huge dinner and lots of basketball, an easter egg hunt, etc. It's just a fun day with the extended family.
cfackler
Searching for an Easter basket, going th church, and having dinner with extended family.
Kaisonic
Back in the day, for my family, the morning started with an easter basket at the end of our beds (the kids, including myself) filled with candy and gifts. Then we proceeded to find all of the plastic eggs hidden throughout the yard (inside the house if it was crappy outside). Then we collected and opened the eggs to discover more candy and money. Later that day, we would then color hard-boiled eggs with food coloring in hot water. Then we fight with our eggs by smashing them against each other and seeing which one would crack first. This year, however, we're still in the process of moving, so our Easter may simply consist of a shopping spree at Target, which still isn't that bad, if you ask me.
windval
have a holiday

and ...

so on

i just sleep in easter
menhao
hi, I am a Chinese, as I knew, most Chinese do not have any impressions about Easter, I knew Easter coming from some of my Chinese Classmates who study abroad now, of course, there is no holiday here. because Easter is a western holiday, Chinese do not celebrate Easter.
Alienz
I spent my easter at home playing games and watching tv Confused
thiamshui
We do not really celebrate Easter in my country.. Well, I spent Easter going out shopping and staying at home surfing the NET and sleeping..
Vrythramax
thiamshui wrote:
We do not really celebrate Easter in my country.. Well, I spent Easter going out shopping and staying at home surfing the NET and sleeping..

Doesn't sound like a bad way to spend a holiday. My religion dictates I must follow others rules....but I really don't mind...it's all for the better IMHO.
webapp
As with almost all "Christian" holidays, Easter has been secularized and commercialized. The dichotomous nature of Easter and its symbols, however, is not necessarily a modern fabrication.

These days its more Show off....than actual thing
Vrythramax
webapp wrote:
As with almost all "Christian" holidays, Easter has been secularized and commercialized. The dichotomous nature of Easter and its symbols, however, is not necessarily a modern fabrication.

These days its more Show off....than actual thing

I like you too...God Bless you and yours.