FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

flash + blog?

sceptileex
im intending to create a flash website. However, i want to make it my blog. Is there anyway to integrate a blog ( or use a blog making software, eg. wordpress? or s9y ) into my flash website so users can reply etc. ?
GB
I've not heard of a way, but can't you make a hole in Flash for html to come through? I heard that somewhere once. Maybe that would work?
AtcPhoenix
Look to:
www.flash-db.com , www.phpbuilder.com.

It's not too difficult to get the two to work nicely together. You dont have to use a db, you can have flash reference a text file, but i wouldnt reccomened that. lOl.
thenibblet
yes, you can enter your messages in an xml document, then parse those and generating the blog on the fly. however, this will work best if you want to post mostly text and some links.

once you get involved in embedding images within your posts, it might get complicated and not especially worthwhile. depending on your actionscript prowess, you might also want to build a db-driven blog with a user-friendly browser window for blogging (similar to blogger).

however, that might get so labor-intensive, that unless you're doing it for profit or as a portfolio piece, i'd recommend sparing yourself the headache.