FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the best car game ever???

khemsoo
what do you this is the best Action game ever????

i think "Mafia" is the best i tried alot of games but mafia still on the top

>Story
>Game play
>Graphic
>Evry thing....

what is your opinion?
TonkPilz
This awesome racing game has 11 cool cars and 29 tracks. Each track has crazy turns, twists, loops, and jumps. Compare this game to any other DOS game from 1990 and you will see how good the graphics are for its age. You might need Mo' Slo to play this game, otherwise you will have almost no control of the car or scrolling menus.

and its abandon ware so its totaly free
dl it here http://www.pcgaming.ws/viewgame.php?game=stunts
djpupeikis
Action games is best, nices, cooles.........
Very good is CSS, Fear... and another
Master-
khemsoo wrote:

>Story
>Game play
>Graphic
>Evry thing....

Hm.... you says Car game in topic, but writes Action game in the message.

Decide man! Action or Car game?
webek
My favourite car game is Colin mc'rae Rally 2.0 - maybe graphic isn't so good, music that same, but I like it very much because I love Toyota Corolla, wchich is so good in that game - beautiful tires, good sound of engine
ps. great game for peoples who has "weak hardware" Very Happy
bladeron
the best car racing game was nfs but if you talk about action along with it then i can say that it should be gta

however i never got the chance to play mafia but someone told me that its a pretty kewl game too!
linkman2004
Mario Kart rocks! Though not sure if that would quite qualify as a "car" game. Razz
Master-
Best car game is easy Gran Turismo guys. Shocked
pe46
i think need for speed is the best game and mafia is not bad.
optionniko
I thinx Gta San Andreas is the best game, because of all features that it has.
amusic
I prefer car game in mafia also. It is better that GTA, true crime or other car game. It's more realistic. I think there is no other game can be able to do that. Wink
Joewhite
Master- wrote:

Thats what I was thinkin, kinda thru me off.
djsamsung
Colin McRae Rally 2
Need For Speed 2 SE

the best car games back in the day.

no latest car games that gives me the WOW!.
ForceRun
For driving games, Need for Speed Most Wanted is great
Flatout is the funest game known to mankind, if you haven't played it you are missing out. (Flatout 2 comes out next month!!!!).

Toca Race Driver 3 is great for realism, but can be very frusating (the CPU cheats big time)

For arcade type of racing, try Trackmania Nations (Free) from Nvidia.
win66
I think need for speed 2 is the best car game.
Psynthax
Arcade : NFS: Most Wanted and Underground 2

Realistic : Toca Race Driver 3
tormentor
I think the best racing game ever is need for speed most wanted .. however its not pumped with action like gta san andreas

so il vote for gta!!
Ghost900
I think the best car game's are the Need For Speed games but NFS Underground seamed very dark.
goku_br
In my opinion, nothing beats Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2.

jarcelao
I also have to say that it is Gran Turismo 4 although it's a pretty much biased opinion because I haven't played any other race simulator other than the GT series! Hehehehe!

But I'm hearing some rumors that Project Gotham for the XBOX 360 is also good! Smile
angelussum
I like need for speed most wanted. Underground was okay. The series is generally pretty good overall.

I'm confused as well - you say action in your post but car in your title...
ashok
I like NFS most out of all the car games..
broti
best racing game defenatly is: Gran turismo. It's sux it aint on pc. Love the Gran turismo 2 on Ps2
Scorpio
I did play mafia, but I got pretty pissed off as well as impressed by the game

The surroundings and atmosphere were really nice..
quartz
Need for speed
GTA
Mafia
Driver
pokethamage
TonkPilz wrote:
This awesome racing game has 11 cool cars and 29 tracks. Each track has crazy turns, twists, loops, and jumps. Compare this game to any other DOS game from 1990 and you will see how good the graphics are for its age. You might need Mo' Slo to play this game, otherwise you will have almost no control of the car or scrolling menus.

wow thanks for bringing that up...reminds me of my childhood in hong kong when my dad takes me to his office and lets me play that game all day...

anyways i only played a few car games so my range is real limited...i think NFSU2 is the best and if i get my hands on NFSMW then that might be the best...
moejoe
Best Car Game:

Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

Unlike all the other series, this game is actually a challenge!
I'm up to blacklist number 2 [Bull] and i've completed 67% of the Game!

How awsome is that! And the cop chases are crazy, i love flipping the cop cars and slamming through road blocks.
The strip spikes suck! I hate them so much!

My higest Bountry in a single chase was: 957,682

Post Yours!
dz9c
Master- wrote:
khemsoo wrote:

>Story
>Game play
>Graphic
>Evry thing....

Hm.... you says Car game in topic, but writes Action game in the message.

yea Im a bit confused myself lol... Laughing
jeffleo
Cheers to NFS:MW. I also like NFSU1 and NFSU2.
They are the best car game if you're looking for adrenaline rush.
Daytona USA ( In the arcades ) are cool too.
Also, Gran Turismo is the best simulation ever. ^_^
Comrade
In my opinion the best car game ever was Need Fro Speed Underground
2. Most Wanted sucks with hes controls... Also Richerd Burns Rally is
awsom too but rally games isnt for me cuz its to hard xD.
altikris
I really enjoyed all of the Need for speed games, ever since the original. But the Burnout series is really intense and definetly competes
LostOverThere
V8 Supercars 2, easily.

Its called something different in each country though, so I dont know if many will understand what game I meant.
Comrade
altikris wrote:
I really enjoyed all of the Need for speed games, ever since the original. But the Burnout series is really intense and definetly competes

Yeah burnout is very cool game but it is only on ps2... They could release
it on PC....

Ok i remembered one game and i think its the best game ever. It is
Toca Race Driver 3. I played demo and i can say only this - wow uber
driving game. Unbelievable simulation.
salman_500
I love the nfs series...all of its games are good in their own self.... like nfs porche unleashes (5th) has a very awsm driving effect... so realistic...

and nfsmw has such kool graphics.... and along with nfsu2 and nfsu all three of these have a better camera effect and car handling as compared to "grand turismo 3 or 4" ..

nfs2 se totally rocks..... and nfs1........does it exist??

TonkPilz... thnx for remindin me of this lil game...... it was the only game i played wen i was younger than i am now..(im 15 now) i used to play it alll day long.... and wud always end up explodin my car......
nice game.
TonkPilz wrote:

wombatrpgs
jenifer wrote:
Duke Nukem 3D is the best action game… Other games are counter strike, Batman Night Escape etc.

Wait... But are these car games?
RazzaMatazz
grand theft auto 3 will always hold a special place in my heart.
monumani13
My favorite car game is Need For Speed..........This is best car racing game.........It is very popular among the children as well as youngsters.

View a list of free games strategy and free zombie games online.
spinout
there was only one car game that took it to the level : MCO motor city online

a need for speed divercity - online community. and infact the best online game ever!!!

Ok with todays standard the graphics isn't there but the best GAME ever.

Oh I miss the days! MCO is not beaten yet!
wombatrpgs
spinout wrote:
there was only one car game that took it to the level : MCO motor city online

a need for speed divercity - online community. and infact the best online game ever!!!

Ok with todays standard the graphics isn't there but the best GAME ever.

Oh I miss the days! MCO is not beaten yet!

Hey, graphics aren't the only thing to judge quality on! Art direction and quality is different from powerfully realistic graphics.
Raidblade
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
wombatrpgs
Actually, if we're leaving this open to car games in general, I'll have to go with Lego Racers. I've never been one for the more serious racing games, but building your own car (rather than just customizing) was always fun.
nigam
need for speed games for me.....i am having fun on it and i just love driving fast...i felt like i am really driving it....
wombatrpgs
nigam wrote:
need for speed games for me.....i am having fun on it and i just love driving fast...i felt like i am really driving it....

Are you interested in those arcade driving simulators then?
alimuhieddine
You should try nfs series or even gta 4 its a good car game. Cars have realistic moves and its amazing.
lelly77
The best car is Audi r8 , trust me Very Happy
labrax
dirt series is the best Very Happy
Laro696
Gran turismo series is the best Smile
Tuvitor
Grand Theft Auto series Twisted Evil
wombatrpgs
rachard1583 wrote:
Self playing drifting games as well, where cars act as in real life while trying to drift on turns, curves, around objects and many other things, Making them to be real funny games to be around and playing.

You mean trying to emulate drifting in real life?
zorro
I think it's vice city but i dont play games any more because maybe imgetting too old for those.. Confused
Navigator
F-Zero for Super NES
Chellesei
For me, Need For Speed: Most Wanted is the best. Very Happy
drunkenkoz
I think the two best car games ever made were Twisted Metal and Mario Cart. [/size]
lightningleo
My Favorite Racing Game is Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010. Man, Its the Fastest Racing Game I've Ever Seen. The only Con is it lacks a story mode. The game levels are like challenges.
My Second Fav is Need for Speed Most Wanted its also fast and have a great story mode.
My Third Fav is Need for Speed The Run. Its slow but with very stunning graphics and a great story mode.
You can buy any of these. TRUST ME these will Not Disappoint You.
Make your choice::
wombatrpgs
lightningleo wrote:
My Favorite Racing Game is Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010. Man, Its the Fastest Racing Game I've Ever Seen. The only Con is it lacks a story mode. The game levels are like challenges.
My Second Fav is Need for Speed Most Wanted its also fast and have a great story mode.
My Third Fav is Need for Speed The Run. Its slow but with very stunning graphics and a great story mode.

Well they're all the same series, so they shouldn't be too different...
lightningleo
wombatrpgs wrote:
lightningleo wrote:

Well they're all the same series, so they shouldn't be too different...

man, play them, then you'll see.
This reply shows that you haven't played any of them.
Hot pursuit lacks an influential story mode, its story mode is like challenges. And most wanted got a very influential story mode for a racing game.
I advice you to play most wanted, then hot pursuit.
The most important factor of need for speed the run Is that almost every level is different and no more than three levels occur in the same place!
donoob88
burnout, i played it few years ago, it's cool, and all need for speed, the most wanted version is the best for me..
lightningleo
donoob88 wrote:
burnout, i played it few years ago, it's cool, and all need for speed, the most wanted version is the best for me..

Yeah Man!! I've Also Played Burnout:::

Actually, BurnOut Revenge:::

Man!! the takedowns are awesome especially the Slow Motion Camera Takedowns

I Played it in my PS2....

Watch Out this::

Its the Trailer of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

and this::

Its the Trailer of Need for Speed: The Run

Like That ????
cybersa
My Best car game ever is
Need For Speed Most Wanted.

Still i'm searching for car game like this?
Any suggestion?
boymalla
NFS MW!!!HANDS DOWN!!!
wombatrpgs
cybersa wrote:
My Best car game ever is
Need For Speed Most Wanted.

Still i'm searching for car game like this?
Any suggestion?

Wait, if it's the best, why search for anything else?
portoskt
what kind of games is best for you guys
wombatrpgs
portoskt wrote:
what kind of games is best for you guys

Wouldn't that be the entire contents of this topic...? Not sure what you mean.
Josso
The only NFS I enjoyed was undercover (ps2 version only) on hard. Original burnout was brilliant - tried the PC version of paradise thought it was good but exactly like every other game in that genre ever. Since III the GTA series has been pretty revolutionary - the physics have always been fun. Depends what type of driving game I suppose - if it's pure racing I play quite a lot of forza. Lets not forget the likes of sega rally and dirt as well. Those types of games are great.
bananko
i liked the most gran tourismo on playstation, and need for speed underground for pc
Cosmoslayer
For being a realistic driving-simulation game. My vote goes for Gran Turismo! Very Happy
wombatrpgs
Cosmoslayer wrote:
For being a realistic driving-simulation game. My vote goes for Gran Turismo! Very Happy

Wouldn't realistic driving be quite boring?
Alvinlorin
In your opinion, what is the best ever car racing simulator game for PC?
Josso
Alvinlorin wrote:

On PC? I dunno some of the best ones are unfortunately console only. I've been meaning to get a 360 controller for my PC for ages so I can properly play racing games on my it. It's pretty much the only genre of game ever that is better with a controller.

Burnout paradise is only burnout on PC I thought that was mildly entertaining. It's also not completely frustrating to play with keyboard as well.
wombatrpgs
Josso wrote:
Alvinlorin wrote:

On PC? I dunno some of the best ones are unfortunately console only. I've been meaning to get a 360 controller for my PC for ages so I can properly play racing games on my it. It's pretty much the only genre of game ever that is better with a controller.

Burnout paradise is only burnout on PC I thought that was mildly entertaining. It's also not completely frustrating to play with leopard as well.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of those specialized racing game controllers, the ones that actually try to replicate the feel of a vehicle. Though those seem to be relegated to arcades these days.
Josso
I've tried a few steering wheel + pedal systems on PC and sega saturn over the years. It's a lot of good fun but you go back to a normal controller after a while and you are like HOLY CRAP this is a hell of a lot easier. I would imagine with a racing game with really realistic physics it would be awesome fun. Never tried one on a game like forza or GT for example. For the drifty variety (non serious racing games like GTA, NFS etc) you are probably better off at all times with a keyboard or normal controller imo. Been trying to dig out this racing steering wheel in the corner of my room recently but it's some ancient connector =(
ilmkidunya1
Need For Speed is Always best
wombatrpgs
khemsoo wrote:

>Story

what is your opinion?

I find it odd how no one else has mentioned story as a contributing factor.
briankid
my favorite car racing game on pc: need for speed-undercover[br/]
my favorite on mobile phone:asphalt
lightningleo
Yeah, Asphalt is great for mobiles.. It got a nitro system and controls are very fast, just like need for speed hot pursuit 2010... Takedown system just like burn out revenge... And a great cop system like need for speed most wanted.. My advice to you all is that you try it.. Its great for touch mobiles as well as non-touch mobiles..
wombatrpgs
lightningleo wrote:
Yeah, Asphalt is great for mobiles.. It got a nitro system and controls are very fast, just like need for speed hot pursuit 2010... Takedown system just like burn out revenge... And a great cop system like need for speed most wanted.. My advice to you all is that you try it.. Its great for touch mobiles as well as non-touch mobiles..

Asphalt's the name of the game?
lightningleo
lightningleo wrote:

wombatrpgs wrote:
Asphalt's the name of the game?

yeah.. man.. its a mobile game.. actually its more of a series.. asphalt, asphalt 2, asphalt 3 and asphalt 4: elite racing... these are the series currently available.. i also heArd that Asphalt 5 also got released but haven't got it...
PapaMinouche
Best car game ever = Rush on N64!!! Insane jumps with wings coming out of your car! haha great times!
Josso
PapaMinouche wrote:
Best car game ever = Rush on N64!!! Insane jumps with wings coming out of your car! haha great times!

lol I always used to enjoy lego racers. Customizing with blocks on your car xD
bukaida
hmm, difficult to decide. All NFS series and GTA series are equally good. Cannot pick up single one from them Very Happy
wombatrpgs
Josso wrote:
PapaMinouche wrote:

lol I always used to enjoy lego racers. Customizing with blocks on your car xD

This was one of the only lego games to really do it for me. Apart from this and Rock Raiders, all the others seemed like knockoffs, somehow.
misterspawn
Need for speed Shift or Hot pursuit .
Perhaps it takes a lot of system requirements. Sad
Josso
lol forgot to mention Carmageddon II - played that so much in 98. Silly physics
wombatrpgs
Josso wrote:
lol forgot to mention Carmageddon II - played that so much in 98. Silly physics

Yeah this is pretty much the best thing ever:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drp9o4E7G7U[/youtube]
mablettnelson
I'd have to go with Forza 3 on xbox, or an ancient DOS formula one game that was truly spectacular. Still is today. Very Happy
wombatrpgs
mablettnelson wrote:
I'd have to go with Forza 3 on xbox, or an ancient DOS formula one game that was truly spectacular. Still is today. Very Happy

What's the name of the DOS game?
sysna
for me it is NFS Most Wanted and i will never forget that game, i've played these realistic games like gran turismo but whats the point of a game being realistic ? you will never drive your car using a joystick do you ? so i think there is nothing interesting in realistic games.
wombatrpgs
sysna wrote:
for me it is NFS Most Wanted and i will never forget that game, i've played these realistic games like gran turismo but whats the point of a game being realistic ? you will never drive your car using a joystick do you ? so i think there is nothing interesting in realistic games.

I thought driving simulator was almost a whole separate genre?
dressup12
Kingdom Hearts!!! even though it has disney characters in it its still fun to play and it has a great story!
darthrevan
The best car game I played IMO, was for PS1: Destruction Derby, though I dunno if I would still like it. At the time I loved that game. I don't like car games, that when you are racing and hit something, it doesn't get any damage. I rather the cars become damaged and eventually blow up or no longer work, more realistic.
LxGoodies
My favorite game is EA racing.

I've had all versions for PC, from vs 2.0 ,

Recently I got Real Racing for Apple Airbook. It runs very smoothly.

Smile Lx
jkaushalya
I like NFS Porsche unleashed more. It is more realistic with those visible driving controls.
wombatrpgs
jimmyalan wrote:
My best Car Racing Game is Wheelman ,Its a fantastic game, I lilke to play these type of game, But its mine favorite Car Racing game...Smile

Huh, had to look that one up.
XchaosX
The best car games of all time is Forza Motorsport Xbox and Grand Trismo Playstation
wombatrpgs
XchaosX wrote:
The best car games of all time is Forza Motorsport Xbox and Grand Trismo Playstation

I've heard good things about Forza Motorsport's realism, not so much its gameplay though.
XchaosX
Forza Motorsport is defiantly a car game worth buy and forza 4 has kinect integration which is totally awesome number 5 which us called horizon is suppose to be released next year don't quote me on that one though did not play 3 or 4 but 2 and one the graphs for like tune ups for gear ratios and horse power gain and loss are kinda hard to read but that's just me but that is the only problem with the game the third one u can race trucks I herd and the 4th one is just insane forza to me is almost like madden for racing games
wombatrpgs
XchaosX wrote:
Forza Motorsport is defiantly a car game worth buy and forza 4 has kinect integration which is totally awesome number 5 which us called horizon is suppose to be released next year don't quote me on that one though did not play 3 or 4 but 2 and one the graphs for like tune ups for gear ratios and horse power gain and loss are kinda hard to read but that's just me but that is the only problem with the game the third one u can race trucks I herd and the 4th one is just insane forza to me is almost like madden for racing games

Actually, motion controls can be a pretty neat thing in a racing game. I'm surprised I didn't know any other than like Mario Kart that did it. That's pretty cool.
XchaosX
Well ever since Microsoft and Sony hopped on the motion control band wagon u hear a lot of games that are similar to wii games
darthrevan
XchaosX wrote:
Well ever since Microsoft and Sony hopped on the motion control band wagon u hear a lot of games that are similar to wii games

I personally don't care for the motion games though I might like playing a star wars game through motion control but that about it. I am use to the old ways of playing, with a regular controller.Smile
XchaosX
Playing killzone counter strike and resistance with move us awesome
RosenCruz
I would go with Sports Car GT. A great EA classic ! Arrow
XchaosX
Wasn't sports gt for Xbox I can't remember
wombatrpgs
XchaosX wrote:

Wikipedia says playstation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_car_gt

(Also I didn't know that was a Westwood Studios game)
milkshake01
The best car game I played is Burnout 2.
sysna
I have just played new most wanted from need for speed series, i think the new one is just a lot worse than original most wanted and i think we can't even compare them. still the best car game i think is original Need for Speed Most Wanted.
RosenCruz
XchaosX wrote:

It was released for PC and PlayStation
zaxacongrejo
Gran turismo
Sega rally
Test drive
codersfriend
I still enjoy playing Crash Team Racing Smile much like Mario Cart
catscratches
Best car game? Easy.
zaxacongrejo
even better if you are not looking for quality graphics

jkaushalya
NFS Most Wanted.
ZeytinGrafik
highway pursuit pc remake! The graphics are good enough and there is no story to talk about. But i've been playing this game for the last 5-6 years and did not get bored. Its also free that means you can check it out from: http://www.adamdawes.com/windows/win_hpursuit.html

I've also been playing the "old" NFS hot pursuit last year. It really aged well and is quite fun to play.

and as an older racing game I recommend Super Cars 2 on an amiga emulator (http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1018) nothing beats it on 1 or 2 players even today.

Even older there is le mans for the Commodore 64. Which is still quite fun to play (even it looks bad plays great(http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D1512))
subhan1
Need for Speed : Most Wanted (the original and better edition) !
andro_king
The best car game ever is need for speed (all the series).. But need for speed most wanted was outstanding !
Utopia GFR
I loved POD and Rollcage back in the old days.

Does anyone remember those games?

* Pod :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_of_Death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVQ1Vev33s8

* Rollcage :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollcage_%28video_game%29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWGawtEFL8w
wombatrpgs
Utopia GFR wrote:
I loved POD and Rollcage back in the old days.

Does anyone remember those games?

* Pod :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_of_Death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVQ1Vev33s8

Ahh, I remember Planet of Death. I used to play the hell out of that at a friend's, never picked it up myself though. Maybe now's the time.
Arrogant
Need for Speed Underground is the best.
Its harder than U2 or most wanted
Cosmoslayer
wombatrpgs wrote:
Cosmoslayer wrote:

Wouldn't realistic driving be quite boring?

Unrealistic driving really bores me, what's the point playing it when there are FPS and cars with guns like Twisted Metal out there. Rolling Eyes
plitzky
I've only played the need for speed series right from II to undercover. Most wanted was awesome.
chartcentral
Best car game of my childhood would be... Road Fighter from Konami! I played this one on the Nintendo Entertainment System when I was a kid. However, can't really pick the current best car game since I haven't played these much in recent time.
ateawonton
without a doubt on my mind, grand turismo 5 is the best car racing simulator game. Grand theft auto iv is also really good, I really enjoy the racing parts of that game as well.
wombatrpgs
ateawonton wrote:
without a doubt on my mind, grand turismo 5 is the best car racing simulator game. Grand theft auto iv is also really good, I really enjoy the racing parts of that game as well.

Ahhh, there's the difference. Some games are driving games, others are driving simulator games.
ZeytinGrafik
le mans on the c64, stunt car racer or super cars 2 on the amiga, carmageddon on a pc(dos) or a ps1, mario kart on a wii/gc/nds Smile

Ohhh ROAD FIGHTER! that was a great one on the msx.
foumy6
I would have to say that my favorite "racing" game would be (the old version) of need for speed most wanted for ps2. I can't say anything about the new one because I havent played it yet Razz
pravojednostavno
Need For Speed 2 is the best car game
chartcentral
Road Fighter (Nintendo Entertainment System) is one of the best racing/car games of its time. Smile
dgualtieri
khemsoo wrote:

>Story
>Game play
>Graphic
>Evry thing....

what is your opinion?

Action game? Does the original TMNT arcade game count?
andro_king
The best car game ever is NFSMW ! Very Happy
Adalew
I think Earn to Die is the best car game
spinout
Hm sure it was the best online game ever Motor City online... RIP... (it was a need for speed combined with hot rodding but). EA took it down eventually, since then I will never have a good eye for EA.
Schuchhi1999
-Mario Kart
-Trackmania (almost all titles)
-Need for Speed (underground - Undercover)
Sergiz
NFS Underground and Underground 2. Spent so much time playing those.
SlashnburnSoftwareStudio
Pole Position, so long ago can`t even remember what computer it was played on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y-oMdBaMFk

cool, prepare to qualify...