FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone do magic? Especially levitations???

Wimuel
As one of my hobbies I do magic. Everything from card, coin, fire magic etc. but recently I have been learning more about levitating. I can do the self levitation as done by Criss Angel and David Blaine but I am trying to learn some new ones. I have heard about some named levitations called Aluin, Levitator, Icarus and was wondering if anyone else has heard about these or would just like to chat about magic, levitation, etc. Look forward to everyones input.
dz9c
I wanna float:P
simp
Do you mean real levitation, like Indian yogis do, or fake stage entertainment "magic"?
curnow
well seeing as in his post he says "hobby" and "chris angel" i assume he is talking of stage magic.
DawningLight
Not something I have ever tried. I am one of the gullable people who love to watch such stuff.
We have an uncle who is a member of the Magic Circle though, and he is a wonderful magician. Does fantastic table magic.
I can watch him for hours.
He has toured over the Uk and Europe, but I have neevr seen him try anything related to levitation.
I will ask though and if he has anything to say on the subject I will post the reply.
jwellsy
I saw a documentary on TV about some yogi's traveling around India that levitate while in a trance.
But actually they have a special cane with a seat on it that is hidden by their robes.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/gallery/displaycomments.php?pos=-882
imera
I know a litle card magic and rope magic, also something with money. I have never heard about the other levitation types. I haven't any clue about how to do the levitation that you say you know. How can you eksplain my position in a magic society... newbie that will never get good. I have a bit slow hands, my curse.

But if I were better in magic I would like to learn alot about card magic, I find it quite interesting.
bottleoffear
jwellsy wrote:
I saw a documentary on TV about some yogi's traveling around India that levitate while in a trance.
But actually they have a special cane with a seat on it that is hidden by their robes.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/gallery/displaycomments.php?pos=-882

Yogis?
dz9c
yo this stuff aint real
crimson_aria
Magic is interesting! Id like to learn how to do magic if only someone will teach me. Haha! If only I can get David Blaine to be my teacher. Hehe.
xeszline
I haven't seen real magic. But I know real magic not the show-magic, does exist. But I guess not all people ever see it. Real magic uses spirit to do the job.