FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NBA Live 06

yooksauce
test
bcnhs81
I'm also playing 06. Its definitely good but there are some very noticeable bugs as well as graphical glitches.. I just hope that they adress these issues in 2007
Rsam
I HATE this game, I wish NBA 2K6 would be ported to the PC. The game is just too unrealistic. Some of the superstar moves are broken, namely big man scorer hook shot and the superstar dunkers.
selim06
i didn't like it...Because Seperstyle keys are too unbeliviable...we want from them to a simulation game but they release like a Jam game.I think Konami should release a NBA game...Because i hate EA SPORTS
julianmollema
i think that streetbasketball games are better because NBA games are not good, (well thats what i think)
yooksauce
Yeah, there are some superstar moves that are easily abused.. namely the hook shot (inside scorer) and set shot (shooter). We ban both types in our league.. because you don't have to time the release for those shots to go in.. they almost always sink them. The other ones i didnt see as too big a problem.. even the dunks don't always work if youre not in the right position. It will do a bad layup instead.

As for the game being NBA Jam style, the beauty of NBA Live is the customizable sliders that let you control every aspect of the game.. including game speed. Lowering game speed to 50ish slows down the game to a realistic level where you have to set up your points instead of it being a crazy fast break dunkfest.
kepika
i like the game, because its funny to play with friends on one pc. it become better, since i have put a patch on it. so i say that the actually injured player won't be at the team. of course they replace some "superstars" and put real stars, such as michael jordan, scottie pippen etc. in it. very nice.
Kelcey
I almost got this for the 360... but I went for 2k6 cause it has the uniform simulation and neat sweat.
Scorpio
I did not play this either

I dont know why I detest basketball video or pc games though i love the game itself
djsamsung
Haven't played NBA 2K6,

But! I like this game even though it has graphical glitches and bugs...i liked a few of those superstar moves. Yes! it's more like a slam jam game....i hope EA would read wishlists for the next series.
win66
I haven't play NBA 2006 but i got try NBA 2005 before.
akky
I have nba live 06 for psp, In my opinion I think that its a really good game, because :
-it has wicked cool graphics
-it has season/playoff mode
-you can make trades without hesitation
-it also has good background music
-there is a dodgeball mode (i think thats in nba 06 only though)
-and there is also a free throw/shoot around session.
I think its a pretty good game.
yooksauce
Dodgeball mode? Where's that?

I don't see it in the PC version.. probably PSP only.

There is however 3 pt shootout, slam dunk contest, and 1v1, all of which can be played online. Slam dunk competition is kind of fun once you figure it out.

Check out this nasty dunk I did with nate robinson:

here
jarcelao
It's a good game but the superstar moves really is disturbing. It negates the realism of a basketball game. I'm quite disappointed with this year's release. Hopefully, they learned their lesson and make NBA Live 2007 a better game. Smile
yooksauce
Well you can turn off superstar moves