FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how big is your pc monitor?

godam64
i'm using conventional AOC 14' tube monitor.
i think it's enough for me since i'm too close to monitor Smile
how about you ?
adiutrix
I had a 21" Bliss back in New Zealand, now i have a 17" Laptop screen Sad I can't boast Sad
Jerimiah40
Currently, I'm using a 14" monitor at my school >.< At home though, I have a decent 19" tube monitor.
xkarenflowerx
i think mine is. . 15 inches? or 17. i'm not sure. it's a nice size, anyway Smile
liang
I'm using a 17" monitor. Not a new one but a good one.
ReadyFamily
I use dual monitors because I am a programmer. So I have (2) 21' Dell LCD Flat Screen monitors. I'd suggest it to everyone. Makes daily computing very ez.
snowboardalliance
I have an old 17" Dell CRT. Not as nice as my dad's 19" one, but I like it better because it's flat screen.
dz9c
17" cheap CRT monitor. Does what I need it to but my dad wont give me his damn flat screen! That cheap son of a....
alkady
17 inch LCD Moniter with a 19 Inch CRT Moniter.
Stinger
i got a 21" flat screen Laughing but i would love a like 100" plasma pmsl i would be like playing Enemy Territory and it would be good :p
darrenpaul
Haha, I have a 15" widescreen laptop, well it works for me!
mtoni
19' here
CRT btw... those LCD/TFT are too expensive for me...
izimngcubes15
Only like 17', and it's CRT, flat screen of course! But I'd like a flat screen panel someday... Smile
mathiaus
I own a 17" TFT. Its one of those tilting ones. Never use the til but its there if I need it.
I was thinking of a 19" but the only problem I have with them is screen resolutions. 1024x768 makes everything look to big which I don't like but he coreect screen resolution is bad for lots of sites which use set width layouts (mine unfortunatly).
tmaneri
I bought mine this past summer, It was the best of the best at the time. It is a 21" flat screen with a 4ms responce time. Most CRT monitors cannot even match that speed. I use it for everything though, including videogames, watching movies, and chatting online. I always love it when my friend come over and try to hide how jealous they are that i have a $500 monitor.
Josso
19" TFT - best for gaming if you ask me but now I'm used to this it's annoying having anything smaller... my friend has a 15" and I can't stand it for long.
Deji
godam64 wrote:
how about you ?

that cant be good for your eye sight. Confused

im on a 15.4" widescreen laptop.
ocalhoun
A 19" and a 15".
I that's a fine way to increase screen size!
izcool
I love my Dell Flat-Panel 17" monitor, it's so wonderful. It's actually an inch bigger than a 17" CRT monitor on viewing size. Very Happy

My laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000) has a 15.5" widescreen, very cool.

I have a ton of 17" and 15" CRT monitors lying around here, too many to use at once lol. I killed like 3 old CRT's a few years ago and I keep pulling more and more out of the garbage.

Don't buy new monitors, just go to the local thrift store and get a used one really cheap. If it goes, then go back and buy another. It's so much better than buying new.

Around here in Chicago, there are tons of thrift stores that sell 17" CRT monitors for like $8.00 apiece, an unbelievable price.

- Mike.
psycosquirrel
2x 17" Viewsonic CRTs, one flatpanel, one standard on dual-monitor setup.

1x 15" monitor on KVM for 2 other systems

not sure the size of the LCDs on my 2 laptops...
fireydeviant
I use three monitors, 17" each, 1 LCD and two CRTs. I use it for 3d applications, photoshop, research, and coding web sites. one of the monitors is connected to a kvm switch, which will switch to my other computer. It is great for multi-tasking. Though for some games i have to disable two of them. I don't mind for UT2k4 and Elder Scrolls 3 though. I often run WoW along with a web browser and chat/itunes on another monitor.
izcool
fireydeviant wrote:
I use three monitors, 17" each, 1 LCD and two CRTs. I use it for 3d applications, photoshop, research, and coding web sites. one of the monitors is connected to a kvm switch, which will switch to my other computer. It is great for multi-tasking. Though for some games i have to disable two of them. I don't mind for UT2k4 and Elder Scrolls 3 though. I often run WoW along with a web browser and chat/itunes on another monitor.

Agreed, KVM switches are one of the best things you can get for multiple PC's working on one central monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I've sorta lost count on how many I have, but they are great. Smile

- mike.
william
Well, I have a 17" LCD Flat panel. It has some nice looks and saves quite a bit of desk space. But, it's not very good when it comes to gaming. The response time is not so good.
Urahara
19.1" Inch Samsung SyncMaster 930BF. 4 ms, still pretty sexy of its time.
technology.sponge
17" Acer crt
DarthRicmu
One 18" flat screen and one CRT 17 " screen on one pc...

Smile
DecayClan
TFT 17" LG Flatron L1717S
Master-
I have two 17" monitors! Very Happy
TheGeek
17" TFT from emachines and 15" CRT

I also have an old 24" CRT but i cant get it to work on my new machine because it needs a special card since its before the time of VGA
Rocky3478
15.4" widescreen LCD and a 19" CRT.
storken
i have a 23" monitor.

it is a giant! and it is f****g heavy too! i would guess 40kg
springbok
At home i have a 14" old, OLD ... OLD compaq monitor. When Noah unpacked his ark I got it at the boot sale.

At work i have a nice 17" TFT. What a difference !!!
Remus™
i just changed my 14" ooooooold CRT for a 19" TFT
lol, thats a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge diference!! now its the deal!
Need for Speed most wanted, here i goooooo Smile
altec
Samsung 19" and Sony Triniton FST 29" (gaming). Connected both to computer.
deleenheir
i've got a 19" LG studioworks that i might be able to trade for a 21" p202 IBM. I dunno if i should...
Xeniczone
I have...
2x 17" CRTs
a 17" TFT LCD

but my favorite monitor I used to have was a old SVGA 14" Zenith Monitor. Sad it was my favorite and one day I turned it on and it stoped working... Sad
bigdan
I have a 19'' flatscreen Dell monitor Very Happy
Scorpio
I use a 17 Inches Samsung 793s Monitor
ForceRun
Mag Innovision 19 inch el cheapo lcd but it still looks great, much better than my old Envision 19 CRT Moniter. I run at 1280 by 1024 & 75 Hertz. Just a note make sure your Screen refresh rate over 70 Hertz or so to save you eyes...
sanyam
I use sony's 21" decent Sized plazma screen. It is really good. Unbeatable in my circle and even in my small city of INDIA
quartz
Im using 17'' CRT monitor. I would like to try dual monitor.
grogking
14" baby. Kinda small. Got it cheap when LCDs were new. Confused
time_ar
huh... that's cool Smile

I am using a 19' LCD monitor. It's quite awesome for still images. But gaming is not so good on it.

godam64 wrote:
how about you ?
dotnet
I use 20' LCD NEC 2080UX+. It's REALLY cool for still image as well as for gaming Exclamation Exclamation
win66
I am Using NEC 17" inch CRT movitor and 15" inch LCD movitor (For my laptop)
sketteksalfa
Flat screen monitors are better because it saves 10 times less the electricity cost than ordinary humpback type monitors. Im using a 17inches one.
taxman
Hansol 19` LCD. Bought a couple of years ago when LCD was a bit more expensive. The monitor made me the king of the street, but now a days, I'm more of a street clown Laughing I need to buy me a new one in the near future, as this have problems with some games.
photon
17" samsung CRT monitor. has lasted me 5 years with very heavy usage Smile
DriftingJoint
19 inch =D flat screen, awesome.
k_s_baskar
I am using 15"(38cm) samptron monitor with horizontal dot pitch up to 1024x768 @ 68 Hz Smile
Psynthax
I am using CRT 15" and CRT 17" monitors on one computer with extended windows desktop Cool
Ironz
i have got a CRT flat screen 19 inch monitor on one computer and a small 15 inch old monitor on another one.

But the 19 inch monitor rocks but too bad it is heavy as hell since it is not new but who cares since i'm not carrying it around.
varun_dodla
I use a conventional 15" CRT....hey you should have added a poll so that we could view the results in a better way.
Reign
15'' laptop lcd screen
Diebels
godam64 wrote:
how about you ?

Because the fact i´m celebrating birthday tomorrow, i made my self a present yesterday... a 19" Flatscreen
I´m loving it
selim06
17 inch CRT monitor...
orcaz
I'm using a 17" Viewsonic LCD monitor. Previously using HP CRT 17", but it broke down after using for 4.5 years.
Shin
I have a laptop with 15" LCD. Not very portable but good for movie viewing. Smile
marcmgeronimo
I have a cheap 15'' monitor at home... quite enough for its use... =)
eternalwarriors
hi

i#m using a 17" tft - benq.
it's very good

mfg
rksagar433
myself using a lg 700e 17" inch monitor for past 6 months.
sush
15" CRT. My dream is the ViewSonic VA1912W, 19" widescreen TFT. My even higher dream is the Apple Cinema 30" TFT. :-p
snowboardalliance
Just got a new 19" LCD woooo!
I like it so much better. It's just some gateway moniter my dad sold to me when he got a new computer but I like it.
VX.Agent
Right now I use my old 15" monitor, but want I'll get a graphic card with a DVI output, I'll connect it to my 26" Sharp Aquos.
thuganomics
19" BENQ Monitor! Its pretty good for gaming =)
marques1975
I have two computers as two monitors:

Desktop: 17" (Samsung CRT)

Laptop: 15.4" (Toshiba TFT)

Óscar
magneto_ms
Got two monitors - my old 15" inch(sigh) CRT and my new 17" Samsung Syncmaster 713N LCD. The new samsung one is a lot more easy on the eyes. But if you are really choosy about picture quality CRT is the one you should look for. Let them talk anything about contrast ratios on LCDs but it never comes half as good as good old CRTs..:thumbsup:
psycosquirrel
I just got a 17" Daewoo LCD. The brightness and contrast are both on 30%, and I need to turn them down because it is too bright Shocked
waffy
17" AOC LCD on my Windows PC and 17" Widescreen on my Intel iMac. Very Happy
Jaiye
I kick back with my 24" LCD. It's really nice for watching movies and playing emulators while sitting across the room.
kiranaghor
Right now im using Samsung CRT 17". Really bad model. I desperately want 30" Apple Cinema Display. I am also looking forward to buy a viewsonic widescreen model.
Also Viewsonic has more warranty period that Apple Cinema display.
Philip
I am using Zyrex CRT 17". Not a gud model but, i used it about 4 years already. But it's never broken before. Wink

I wanna have LCD 17" , since it's so expensive here. maybe 3 years later i will buy it.
Or there;s someone here want to buy for me ? Razz
Blankboy
I'm using a 17" CRT monitor, but later this year I'll have a 20" widescreen LCD when I get an iMac.
faker_phil
19" LCD from BenQ, Name's FP931. 16ms reaction time, I love it!
uniorzeroman
I have 17" HP M700 monitor. It's very good, i really like it. Some friends sad to me that you need to buy 19" monitor, but i sad NO. You know why? Well, i'm a web-developer, so i need 17" because it's standart monitor in the world. And when you are a deleloping homepage, or something else, so you need to develop it for 17" monitor Smile
izcool
uniorzeroman wrote:
I have 17" HP M700 monitor. It's very good, i really like it. Some friends sad to me that you need to buy 19" monitor, but i sad NO. You know why? Well, i'm a web-developer, so i need 17" because it's standart monitor in the world. And when you are a deleloping homepage, or something else, so you need to develop it for 17" monitor Smile

Oh, don't get your hopes so high yet about that monitor. I once had one of the same monitor (over a year ago this was) and the thing died because it started to shoot sparks out of the top of it. Very scary.

- Mike.
Daniel15
My monitor is an Acer V771 17-inch monitor that I bought second-hand.

I'm currently using it at 1024x768, 85Hz refresh rate. I would run it at 1280x1024, but the refresh rate at that resolution is too small (60Hz). I personally think that 60Hz looks absolutely horrible (I don't use a computer unless the refresh rate is at least 75Hz Razz)
DeadMen
ViewSonic 17inches build since 1999. lol very old. however it provide all the visual graphic i need. can't complain really.
wietn
A 17 inch monitor of compaq, its an old one but it's still works.
Running 1024x768 @ 85Hz refresh rate.
Nikkori
Genuine 14" monitor also.. iTs kind of cute..Ü
ryanh2006
Since my computer is an Apple eMac, I am stuck with a 16 inch screen. Well 17, in marketing terms but 16 viewable! [yeah go figure!]. Hopefully I will get a spanking new iMac soon to replace my sturdy yet aging computer. However, 1280X960 resolution seems enough for the time being. Smile
Transponder
19inch LCD Smile from Samsung! Cool
Eriop
I Use
ViewSonic PF775 17'' (VGA)
and a
Panasonic Gaoo 32'' (TV)
Bengt
Samsung Syncmaster 710 N 17 Inch LCD Smile
yau66
19" LCD at work.
17" CRT at home.
I spend more time with at work, so I guess it is fine this way.
copilot
We use a 17" CRT on the desktop. The church laptop has a 15" widescreen and my laptop has a 15". We would like to have a LCD, but they are expensive.
kansloos
I have a 17" TFT screen, with high lats :'(
Maybe you should start a Poll in this topic, it'll spare out some time,
as you don't need to read all the replys, not that you would anyway
surdy
I have 14 inch monitor at home and a 17inch flat screen [:d] at Office.
technology.sponge
17" acer, 15 " phillips for older pc
soon to hav 20.1" widescreen viewonic
nox-Hand
17" Sony Multiscan E200 Flat image matrix here Very Happy

Very nice, though I'd love a 21" Very Happy

Oh, and it's CRT, much faster than flatpanel Wink

nox-Hand
kernel_geek
I am using 19" crt DELL monitor x2 Very Happy
borud
Using a 12" at my laptop and a 17" at my stationary computer...
N!Ce
19" iiyama CRT

I'd only switch to LCD if there weren't any CRT's left. CRT's still own LCD's handsdown considering quality :f
Especially when it comes to things like CAD and gaming. The best LCD still don't even come close to upper CRT's.
Only pro for LCD's are the space on your desktop of course. Mr. Green

Hmm off-topic actually Rolling Eyes
Just felt like mentioning it and no offence to LCD users of course Smile
looksbad
42 inch.. Tv Screen.. LG one with Computer input and since it was put in the chill room where the computer i just built is i decided to plug it in there.. its kinda to big to design but playing games on it is awsome as i can just sit on the sofa and play..

But in my bedroom ive got a 24inch Dell which is more than sufficient
matttai
I have a 21" CRT monitor which i scored for a bargain price. With the amount of people swapping their CRTs for LCDs these days you can score some very cheap buys!
It is also very large physically but i have room to spare. I'm considering getting a second one Very Happy
Thadisu
Currently own a 17" LCD monitor, i've had it for 2 years....good times.
goansfr
a conventional HP 17' tube monitor. No need of a LCD, my desk is big
Hammerfall288
im working on a 17 inch CRT monitor... its really ticking me off ._.* . I hope to get a new monitor with my new computer, cause everytime I go to a lan party where I cant barrow someones I have to lug this one to it and it weighs about 40-50 pounds. the last party I went to I brought it along and then we ended up not even using our computers... someone popped out a surprise bottle of vodka and then a little bit after that the night is a blur to me -.-..
Daniel15
Well, I just got a new monitor: A BenQ FP71G+ 17-inch LCD monitor... It's a great monitor Very Happy
exarkun
I am using a 17'inch CRT monitor, and that is enough for me, I think. This is mainly because I am not using my computer to play games, which in this case, is the bigger the better.
Ratman2050
Ive got a 19 Inch monitor.
Its got tilt.
Its got Flat Screen.
Its got built in speakers.
Its sweet.
My dad is a big fan of eyesight.
MattN
I'm using a Dell E773c I think it's 17 inches. It's not on a Dell computer though.
zuk4u
15 inch CRT monitor (Hyundai), and it's 7 years old Smile
Daniel15
zuk4u wrote:
15 inch CRT monitor (Hyundai), and it's 7 years old Smile

I had a 14-inch 'MTC' monitor manufactured in 1989, which only supported 640x480 at 60Hz, or 800x600 at 56Hz (it didn't work all the time, though). It just died recently, after 17 years of working Sad
Shin
17 inch LCD.
mikajoh
My laptop has 15" LCD screen, while Iam using two 17" CRT on my stationary at home Razz
venkateshwarans
15" crt. Looking to upgrade to 17"
bugra9
I am using 19" CRT Hyundai Monitor
manumiglani
17" flat.
bigdbag
i've got 2 hp vs's each 19 inches... they've got really nice built in speakers so i like it even more. Very good specs.
Hammy
Heh, We just got a new TV 2 days ago lol .. 46" plasma widescreen thingy m'wasit.. and it acts as a monitor too lol.. it's awesome. Im gonna install Counter Strike Source on my poor ickle laptop wiv 17" screen and test it out lol Smile
Bernak
I have a 19" Viewsonic VX924.
Nice, big and fast.

I thing there's now a bigger wide-screen version.
Maybe better for movies Smile
em0o
mine is a samsung 19"
AdamantMonk
Bigger than your wee-wee.

Yeah, my PC is a PDA... Not like a good one either... It just pretty much tells time and lights up... But it keeps attached to my wrist at all times... You can't beat that for style.

Were living in the modern era n stuf
Matias
I've got a 17" LCD and a 17" CRT. I wish my LCD were bigger, but dell's 19" has a bad responsetime. I like mye 17" very much though<3
askchris
I am using a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 720 17" Monitor and also sometime output to my 28" widescreen TV for movie playback.
Pablo Diablo
I have a 19 inch Samsung SyncMaster 955SL. This moniter is very clear and very sharp, and I've had it for 6 years now and I've never had any problems with it.