FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I got Writely….

vinodmishra
Well finally I got an invitation to Writely. For those who do not know what it is “Writely is a collaborative word processor that runs in a web browser” and it was recently acquired by Google. And as far as I have used it its wonderful. . Another Good News is that whoever uses Writely can invite others so if you need an invitation just leave a reply on this post asking for it.

Note: I also found another just word processor on the internet and its good too and doesn’t require any invitation. It is called Goffice.
modak
Interesting. So Google does intend Writely to have a life of its own, and not just a pretty editor for GMail. And then this feature will be integrated into the GDrive so that people can create and edit documents from any computer with Web access. And then there will be the other pieces of software, including one for editing spreadsheets. Meaning Microsoft starts losing one of its cash cows. Goody !!

And then Google buys up WiFi access rights in the major cities (GSpot?) and people use devices like the Nokia 770 and the $100 laptop developed by Nicholas Negroponte, to do all their work on the Web. Is this really what Google intends to do ? Does it really want to eliminate Microsoft by eliminating the need for both Windows and Office ? And Google sells advertisement to me based on the content of the document I'm writing ?

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=3118

Meanwhile, there is already a set of Web-based office productivity applications taking place here : http://ajaxlaunch.com/. Makes me wonder, is Michael Robertson planning to sell this to Google for money ?
nikolic
I am interested. Please invite me.
paurna
Can I get an invitation as well.I would really appreciate it.
webbers
hi

will u invite me, mi id is nishantkalia85@gmail.com?

I have heard a lot about it but didn't know exactly what was it for.

thanks neway
theatreadictt27
Hey, I would love an invitation to Writely if you can spare one
My email is theatreadictt27@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance
myworld
Hi I have writely and can give a max of 6 invitations away so if anyone wants an invite then please pm as I need your email address as the invite will be sent here.

I will take the first 6 requests on a first come first served basis.

Please only email me if you haven't been invited by someone else or are waiting for someone to put your request through. This will only be a waste of my invitations and deny others one. Wink
nondormo
vinodmishra wrote:
Well finally I got an invitation to Writely. For those who do not know what it is “Writely is a collaborative word processor that runs in a web browser” and it was recently acquired by Google. And as far as I have used it its wonderful. . Another Good News is that whoever uses Writely can invite others so if you need an invitation just leave a reply on this post asking for it.

Note: I also found another just word processor on the internet and its good too and doesn’t require any invitation. It is called Goffice.

Writely doesn't need invitations now. I just got in straight from the login page. But Goffice asks for a payment of 99USD per month (until cancellation). Writely is still in Beta. Looks like Goffice has had a successful Beta stage. Very Happy
myworld
Great stuff that will save me a little trouble Very Happy

Pity they wouldn't tell their existing users but hey who cares now at least I know.
caroline
lucky... I'm still waiting! :\
kiranaghor
Hey please invite me too. my id is kiranaghor {{at}} gmail com
modak
Writely is now open for subscriptions. Please sign up at the Writely site :

http://www.writely.com/

Writely is now officially a service of Googleplex. Smile
Xcelerate
Wow, that's pretty cool. Google just keeps on coming out with new things. I still like desktop applications better, namely because they're faster than dial-up, and they are also more stable (no browser incompatiblity issues). Of course, if Microsoft keeps building on top of old versions of their software, then it could be just as bad as browser inconsistencies.
jon9314
i have writely but didn't need an invite. i think its great. u have unlimited storage so keep ypu docs their never be without them or have fear of losing them. also the revition featcher is great.