FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Painting

sangharsha
I love painting, specially water color.
I find a unparalleled charm in the colors, the colors that diffuse with water. and the effect they create.

I also love pencil sketch. I still find it very interesting..
Now planning to learn to work with oil, but still cant find time. I hope someday I will.

Anyone there to share the views and tricks with painting are most welcome.
BruceTheDauber
I paint in oil. Never really mastered watercolour, though I use it for sketching sometimes, and I've never liked acrylic. Oil is not so hard. It's relatively easy to correct your mistakes. The only hassle is cleaning the brushes.
sangharsha
I would really love it if you could share some ideas in oil painting.

Its nice that u think you oil is easy. I would rather bear the hassle of cleaning my brushes. Smile

Great to hear your opinion.
cocobirdi
i could never get any painting with wet media to work for me... i think i did one TINY section of a painting i did in an art class that i actually liked in watercolor lol... oils, i've never tried, but i doubt i'd be any better in them. acrylic paints are what i've used, but they look awful. lol

i HAVE had luck with painting dry media, though Very Happy i paint with chalk dust, which sounds wierd, i know... but it looks really neat. what do yall like to use as your subjects?
BruceTheDauber
Pastel is great. I use sanguine chalk pastels for drawing sometimes. One small problem is that the dust is not healthy. I do figures and still lifes.
loserk
i can only draw stick man Laughing