FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is this allowed?

krazycapital
Hi,
I made a signature software a few days ago. I have a few users, but I just thought that this might not be allowed. It basicaly uses mysql to get the persons siggy, and then I use PHP image functions. Just thought I'd check.
Thanks!
Zach
PS: It's at http://sigs.zach.frih.net
KHO
Well, Bondings has not installed any scripts that would limit any of our abilites. And we do have PHP and MySQL available. So l would see of no reason why not, unless of course if it is server intensive. ls it? lf not, then l would say that yes, it is allowed, we have set regulations, and anything inside those regulations is allowed.
krazycapital
I know that if I got too many users I'd have to move it. I'm not planning on getting too many though. And it only uses two MySQL querys (hit count) and a bit of PHP. I don't think that would be considered intensive. It's a 2kb script.
Thanks!
KHO
Anytime, but please, if you do get alot of users, kill it. The last thing we (or Bondings) needs is another crash!!!!
Bondings
If you do it for yourself and/or your friends, then it is ok. But not if you provide it to all visitors. These kind of services take a lot of server resources and this can go very fast.
krazycapital
Okay. I guess that means I'll have to keep a tight limit on it. It's for any visitor right now. I'll take it down/limit it a lot now. Thanks.