FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new graphic card. a 2D game slowing down

Mgccl
I have just changed my graphics card not long ago. Initially I was using an integreted graphics card(built in). I changed to my current graphics card (Nvidia AGP 6600GT 128MB). My RAM is 1.25GB(1 1GB slot, the other is a 256MB). Processer speed is 3.0Ghz Pentium 4. However, after i changed my graphics card, the game(a 2d game) LF2 becomes kinda laggy....
any one know why?
samielx3x
Make sure you have the latest drives from nvidia be cause i had a similar problem when i put in my graphics card and 2d animation was laggy even moving the windows explore windows. If windows is using its own drivers to control the card it doesnt have accelerated graphics control and ultimately ends up lagging out the ass.

so try this and let me know if it fixes the problem.
mOrpheuS
Apart from making sure that the drivers for your new nVidia card are installed, things you may want to check will include hardware acceleration for 2D.

"Desktop Properties" -> "Settings" -> "Advanced" -> "Troubleshoot" ...
The "Hardware Acceleration" should be set to "Full"

Another good way is to run the DirectX diagnostics and see if it reports problems with hardware acceleration.

"Run" -> "DxDiag" -> "Display"

There are indicators for "DirectDraw Acceleration", "Direct3D acceleration" and "AGP Texture Acceleration" ... they should all be "Enabled".
Also run the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests to see if any errors are generated.
Sebaci
I think that Direct Draw isn't hardware accelerated. Install DirectX 9.0c and the newest Forceware drivers
Mgccl
sorry... tried everything but still does not work