FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chatroom

LionArslan
My site needs chatroom. I dont like PhpMyChat. And I cant install phpopenchat. Im created MySQL database and user. Added database user. Database must works. Openchat want some information from me.
Database name and username I chose same name. (myusername_ch1)

Username: myusername_ch1
Password: *********

Your database is'nt on the same host as your webserver? In this case change "localhost" to your mysql-database-hostname.

Databasehost: Localhost

Please select a database, if you want to use an existing database for the chat.
If not, fill in a new databasename in the text field below to create a new database (table space).

existing database: SelectDB new database: myusername_ch1

Error creating database: %s Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'myusername_ch1'

What is wrong?
Bondings
I need more info to solve this. Can you post the code of the file in question, with errasing the password, of course? BTW, are you sure you specified the right password?
LionArslan
How can I do?

Enable write access to
/your/path/to/<phpopenchat-2.x.x>/includes/defaults_inc.php
/your/path/to/<phpopenchat-2.x.x>/html/.htaccess
Certainly for the installation procedure only.
mOrpheuS
You created the database and user fine, and you seem to be entering the correct data in the install wizard.
Could it be that you didn't grant permissions to the particular user on the given database ?

Also, you can change file permissions from your ftp client or the cPanel filemanager.
0777 is what is usually meant by "writable".
Wink
albastudios
its called chmod u go in your ftp client and u right click the file u click on chmod and u check all the boxes until it says 777 i use smartftp
foggy
I don't think that it is a file permission issue, as it seems that it is attempting to connect to the database, but can't because permission is denied. Of course the most common reason for this is the permissions incorrectly set for the database user or a typo in the username or password. I'm sure you have checked this over, so I'm sorry, but this is as far as my help can go right now.
Maka
This error:

Error creating database: %s Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'myusername_ch1'

Go into mysql you see the new database you added?, is the new user assigned to this database?, is the name under it?, i've got this error many times becuase the user was not on the right database.