FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

May Hime

siena
Mai Hime is a surprising anime.
At first i thought it was just average with the usual fanservice but later on it's a true masterpiece with a near perfect (i repeat perfect) balance of action, story, fighting and drama.
I was really addicted and it's not even my genre.
The last 10 episodes maybe some of the best episodes in all anime history BUT overall i have to take in consideration the first episodes that were not so good (a couple were simple crap).

what do you think?
TeK
Mai HiME is my third favorite anime of all time. The first few episodes, as you said don't do the series justice, but they do serve a purpose. If you watch them extremely carefully there are alot of hints toward the later story and if there was anything that didn't make sense, those episode more than likely had an answer or a hint toward it.
mtoni
yup Mai Hime is totally awesome.. especially the music...
Mai Otome is cool too btw....
and *tadaa* they are making the Mai Hime MOVIE
driftingfe3s
mtoni wrote:
yup Mai Hime is totally awesome.. especially the music...
Mai Otome is cool too btw....
and *tadaa* they are making the Mai Hime MOVIE

How was Mai Otome comapred to Mai HIme? I am hesitant to watch it becuase I'm afriad it will suck compared to Mai Hime.

Anyword when the moive is going to come out?
TeK
There are alot of mixed reactions to Otome as I've seen. Personally I loved it more than HiME because the plot was better even though most of the action doesn't happen until the last episodes and some character's lack development.

I wouldn't get to excited about the movie since it was never confirm by Sunrise and it had that controversal "20006" (not a mistake) trailer. There is going to be an Otome OAV later though.
chi-zu
Mai HiME was great Razz but I prefer Mai Otome. ^^ Ooh, I can't wait untill the Movie comes out! *excited* All eps of Mai Otome is out on torrents at animesuki.com Very Happy
Scaramanga
TeK wrote:
There are alot of mixed reactions to Otome as I've seen. Personally I loved it more than HiME because the plot was better even though most of the action doesn't happen until the last episodes and some character's lack development.

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with TeK, Otome was better than HiME. And it had a much better ending IMO. Don't get me wrong though, I thoroughly enjoyed HiME.

Quote:
I wouldn't get to excited about the movie since it was never confirm by Sunrise and it had that controversal "20006" (not a mistake) trailer. There is going to be an Otome OAV later though.

Yeah the Mai-HiME movie was a JOKE. It was just an omake the production company decided to put on the DVDs. Although, that being said, after the Otome OVAs, I hear there have been some rumblings about a possible third series. Hopefully it will be like Otome and have loose links to the other two shows. Since they did Hime and Otome, I'm hoping the next one will be Mai-Neko. Very Happy
NewGuyinTown
I like Mai Hime better than Mai Otome. The Mai Hime OST > Mai Otome OST, Both OST was good. I watched Mai Otome to the end and Mai Otome storyline was horrible. I also didn't like how Mai Otome uses the Mai Hime characters... Mai Hime storyline was... pretty good.

Also there also are alot of pics Mai Otome is trying to copy Gundam Seed Destiny... Well... that seems convincing... At the end of the Otome series, they launch otomes like gundams... and i'm like: Confused It feels like the story is being rushed to be completed.

There are not very many good sequels that I have seen anyway.
blk3
Im currently watching Mai Hime, havent got to the end yet, and I am beginning to like it. I hope that if they made a movie out of it, maybe it could be a live action with CG effects. that would be cool.
carlokes
Hi there,

I have watched Mai HiME (the whole season), but not any of the sequels (I think theres one out and other coming or something like that...sorry if i'm wrong).

I have to admit that the first episode didn't hook me a little and i was decided already to not watch the rest but I just don't know why i went watching the rest and i have to say that what i expected to be another pokemon like anime, turned out to be quite good with a decent plot and story.

Maybe is time to watch the sequel, since many of the users of the forum gave some nice critics to it.

Stay Cool!
Scaramanga
carlokes wrote:
Hi there,

I have watched Mai HiME (the whole season), but not any of the sequels (I think theres one out and other coming or something like that...sorry if i'm wrong).

There is My-HiME, My-Otome and My-Otome: Zwei, the latter is a short OVA series that takes plase after the events of Otome TV. Also, there are rumours of a HiME OVA series as well, that may bridge events between HiME and Otome.

carlokes wrote:
Maybe is time to watch the sequel, since many of the users of the forum gave some nice critics to it.

Yeah, if you enjoyed the first series, you will probably enjoy the latter Otome.
blk3
Ive finished watching Mai Hime and sad to say a was a bit disappointed with how it ends.
CMA
Mai-HiME has got to be one of my all-time favorites. It's an awesome mix of fanservice, action, romance and drama. I usually say that Mai-HiME has got it all, and no kidding... The mood changes completely after a few episodes, and sometimes I even wonder how the main character didn't simply slit her wrists after a few certain events that happened through the series... Also, the OST is one of the best I've seen in an anime.

The ending went against all odds and seemed kinda farfetched, though... it was a huge deus ex machina, but it was still enjoyable nevertheless.

I have to recommend this series to everyone who hasn't seen it yet. I don't think you'll be disappointed.