FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Meet my weird hobby

jyrevi
I don't know, but it sort of interests me. Some find it gross, but some think its a good way to keep memories of a person. But for me, its just a simple hobby. What is it? My hair collection.

Freaky, isn't it? I think I already have 50+ of my friends' hair. I put them in a photo album and label it. I don't really know why I did it, but it just popped into my head, and... I did it. Razz
indeedwrestling
If you were at all curious if that was weird, then yes it is. However, it's not the worst thing ever. For instance, you can test to see if they're using drugs or perhaps clone them in twenty years. HUZZAH~!
selim06
each person each hobbies that's so normal...But your hobby may be unusual...
dz9c
Why not just collect their toenails while your at it...
jyrevi
HAHA! Laughing

No thanks, i'd rather stick to the hair Wink and, indeedwrestling, I am planning to do the cloning thing when they die Razz they told me so.
dz9c
lol Have fun with that. Thats if the world is still alive by then... Confused
cocobirdi
lol i could send you my hairbrush! i'm always forgetting to clean it out and my mother accuses me of collecting my hair Rolling Eyes
ocalhoun
dz9c wrote:
lol Have fun with that. Thats if the world is still alive by then... Confused

Well that's a bit pessamistic...
Anyway, why not go completely crazy with it and accumulate the most varied collection of hair in the world. That probably wouldn't be too difficult of a world record would it?
SusieSmacktard
actually, in America(possibly other places too) in the late 1800's to early 1900's making jewelry from hair was a common hobby. Try googling "hair jewelry".
jabapyth
So, do you just go up and say:
Quote:
Hey, can have some of your hair

and pull out your scissors?
Or do you go for the native-american approach--Scalp 'em Very Happy
(no offense to native americans)
theo
although it's quite weird,
but i do think it's a interesting "hobby".
hi, HAIR-COLLECTER
Trog
In my younger goth days I used to collect graveyards...so nope, don't think it's wierd, out of the ordinary, but not wierd Razz

Here's a thought....plat the lot together in a rope and pin it in a spiral...then mark out who's hair belongs to whom. That way it would be an art piece, a discussion piece and keep your collection in one place Smile
Motoracer380
so thats your hobbie? well..it truley is weird...i just wnat to know about one thing...do your friends who own the hair think it's weird that you've somehow gotten hold of their locks of hair?
ThornsOfSorrow
I wish I had 50+ friends. I'm not sure I've even had half that amount throughout my entire life. Laughing

Anyway, as everyone else has already said, it is a strange hobby, but there are some out there that are even more odd. Besides, there are some young girls who try to collect EVERYTHING from boys they have crushes on. They wouldn't find a problem with your hobby. Very Happy And you should find some friends with really freaky hair colors (if you haven't already). It could be fun to have hair that is blue, purple, green, etc.
silentdae
dz9c wrote:
Why not just collect their toenails while your at it...

haha nice.

ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
I wish I had 50+ friends. I'm not sure I've even had half that amount throughout my entire life.

I'm with you on that. I've probably only had like 10. Confused

Anyways, i think it's absolutely fine. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who do it actually.
Good luck with your collection Smile
Captain Fertile
It is rather strange and I know it is not someting I could ever do. I have a thing about hair, like wigs and stuff so opening an album to look through your colections would be a bit of a stretch.

That said, I did keep a lock of my little boy's hair from when he first got his hair cut, that is in a little silver box but theought of a book full of other people's - no thanks!

Like I say wierd but nothing bad, not like you are collecting heads, no that would be a real problem. Smile
silentdae
Oh yea i forgot, i have a lock of my first girlfriend's hair still. Smile It smells like wood now though, used to smell lovely like her. Oh well. Now i miss her, dammit.
Rico
What kinda hair? Just from their heads or from other parts as well, I can see that collecting pubes could be quite interesting in a “the-chase-is-better-than-the-catch” sort of manner. So do you?

What about animal hair or do you strictly stick to Homo sapiens? I think it could be quite a challenge to collect say a bit of a lion’s main or a tuft of Gorilla pelt. (Does a gorilla have a pelt of is it just called fur? – who knows – who cares?)

Happy scalping mochacho.
apple
I admit it is a unique hobby, but it's not a bad one....
I mean once you're not sneaking up to your friends and stealing their hair...lol

I have an uncle who once collected toenails......now that was a "weird/gross" hobby!!!!!
Captain Fertile
apple wrote:
I have an uncle who once collected toenails......now that was a "weird/gross" hobby!!!!!

OH GOOD GRIEF!!! Are you for real??? Shocked

You hear these stories but sometimes you just think, "Oh come on!"

If it is true that is pretty bad, some many things to collect and he choses them! URGH! Laughing
blueman
thats indeed is one freaky hobby, i have known people with hobbies like reading and listening to music but never heard of such hobby, so what do you do with the hairs you collected. use it for decoration or something else.
thealpha
wow~ I haven't heard about it before
nikki
I must say....

I have not heard of such a hobby before....

This is indeed an unusual one....

So how exactly do you collect your specimen?

And do your friends get freaked out knowing you got bits of their hair in an album or where ever???

How do you preserve them and keep them clean?

Are they like packaged to ensure dust and stuff stay out?

Oh please forgive the onslaught of questions, but it has just taken me off guard.
genchan
A bit freaky but interesting hobby.
illegalhost
Shocked

OH GROSS MAN!!

first of all, what were you thinking?!?!?! Oh, i forgot, you didn't!!

secondly, i think that you need to keep them somewhere really TIGHT. why? cuz it is unhygienic!! so unless you want to REALLY clone them, i suggest that you keep them smelling nice first.

oh, and uh, i don't have a third. man. i've got nothing to say man.

other than... WEIRD. d'oh! Rolling Eyes
Lady_Star
Only some what weird I would say... Smile

There is a man somewhere that owns a barber/beauty shop and he saves all the hair that he cuts and weaves it into clothing. I think it was in Ripley's Believe it or Not that I saw it.

Good luck with your collecting
m_furquan36
The answer is yes its pretty weird,but there are still much more weird things you hear about Confused
random
It's a pretty..different hobby lol I stick to the more common taking pictures for memories and i can't say I know anyone who collects hair.

As long as their isn't some creey hair fetish going on lol it's pretty cool.

I know someone who collects gum which i think is even stranger and very un hygenic so you're just like the rest of us compared to him.

Smile
alexpotter
Yeah yeahhh !! it is weird... but it is also very interesting!! how do you collect hair from other people?? do you asked them ??' how do people react???

I once cut a little bit from my bet friend... i was fun.. it sort of made me relice why hairstylist love their job!! hihihi
djcaution
yup that has definitely got to be the strangest hobby I've ever heard of. So like, do you ever take out this book and look at the hair in your spare time?
schumway
hmmm kewl I guess.

are you going to go into hair dressing in the future? could have another book of customers vs friends vs family...

course the scarry part is that if the hair has the root on it you could extract DNA and at some time in the future you could clone all your friends LOL

or atleast the ones you like Wink
wolf_wonders
It isn't that weird. I have a friend that took a hair from me. It was the longest hair I had ever had and she took it home & put it in a safety box! Lol. Me and her are best friends...which didn't happen till after the hair thing. It made us realize how weird we both are and how much we have in common! Laughing

I like that you care about your friends and you'll never forget them! Razz
KellaDayne
jyrevi wrote:
I am planning to do the cloning thing when they die Razz

that's a cool idea!
what do your frends tell you about your hobby? lol, that could look like witchy.... but not always a cruel one...Charmed could make a preson alive from such a buccket of hairs ))

lol! did you think it would be great to make a new friend using hairs from different ppl? )))
thealpha
yes, i agree with you too
wilshirewigs
jyrevi wrote:
I don't know, but it sort of interests me. Some find it gross, but some think its a good way to keep memories of a person. But for me, its just a simple hobby. What is it? My hair collection.

Freaky, isn't it? I think I already have 50+ of my friends' hair. I put them in a photo album and label it. I don't really know why I did it, but it just popped into my head, and... I did it. Razz

Unique hobby.