FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

404 - public_html folder involved

Juparis
Recently, since I've been approved, I decided to download a backup off of my old host and to re-upload it here. Unfortunately, everything didn't go so smoothly..
I had the backup alright, but I forgot to take into account that, after uploading it, there would be a second folder entitled "public_html". After uploading the backup file and extracting everything, I realize the problem and attempted to delete only the extra "public_html" folder (not the original). However, even though I only selected the second folder, both folders vanished completely after I deleted the second folder (along with some other files).

The Problem: Now, the only way I've been able to get the original "public_html" folder to re-appear is to create one with that name, but that produces two folders altogether. I can edit and add files to the second "public_html," but whenever I try to access or explore the original folder, the page merely refreshes.
Normally I'd just use the copy folder, except that I receive a 404-message with any file I upload, since I can't move anything into the original "public_html" folder.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Wink
Thanks in advance!

(My account is on server 2, with DirectAdmin, if it matters)
mathiaus
Have you still got your domains > juparis.frih.net > public_html folder? This is ther one that actually matters Question
Juparis
Yes, I've tried moving all my content there, but to no avail. Just the same ol' 404, no matter what URL I try...

Is there a way to reset everything?
Bondings
Juparis wrote:
Is there a way to reset everything?

Yes, but then all current data in your account is lost. You start like with a new account. Is that ok for you?
Juparis
Edit:
Sorry for the confusion, I managed to figure out how it works. All is well, assuming I won't need that original public_html folder.

At least I got it working now Very Happy