FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photo editing software?

RPG Villager
does anyone know of any photo editing software that is kind of like photoshop? it has to be free (and legal) but i can't pay for anything right now... and i cant have anything shipped to me... i can only download stuff..... please help
photographerguy
Google is your friend.

Try the Gimp.
It is unbelievable that it is free.

Gimpshop is the Gimp mod to look like Photoshop.
dz9c
I wouldnt know but I looked into the Gimp thing that guy recomended and thats probably your best bet. Otherwise stick to MS Paint Razz
bgbg
try using gimp, gimp or gimp. Seriously, gimp is a great program. GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages. It is FREE (as in freedom). It has lots of filters and plugins. It is easily scriptable.
Just try it and you'll love it.
Animal
If you're familiar with Photoshop, you should try GIMP Shop. This is a free (and legal) version of GIMP which has been modified to look very similar to Photoshop. They've also renamed some of the commands so it's the same as Photoshop.

Underneath, it's still GIMP though so Photoshop plugins don't work - you need to use the GIMP equivalents, but it's still a pretty nice piece of kit!
Eyre
i agree with Animal. If you've used photoshop, Gimp Shop is the way to go. If you havent, go with Gimp. No gimpshop. I still use Gimp loads, so if you need help let me know.
Tex_Arcana
Well everyone ahead of me told you about GIMP so I'll just give you a link to one of the best Gimp tutorial web sites I know. http://www.gimptalk.com/

I credit these guys to getting me up to speed with The GIMP faster then anything else I tried. Lots of brushes, plug-ins, script-fu, and tutorials. This ought to complete your GIMPing experiance.