FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BLOCKS - wannabe Lumines (help test)

Liu
Hello, I'm releasing a very rough version of "Blocks", a game i'm developing to be nearly a replica of Lumines; the only real difference that I really want to implement is having it network capable. I currently have a VERY rough implementation. No sound, music, fancy particle engine implemented, score board, timer, user settings, network multiplayer, or anything notifying you that you've even lost is currently implemented. Once it reaches the stop it kinda "breaks" or rather "freezes." The only thing i've really implemented is the preliminary basic structure of the game, and before I go on, i'd like to refactor the coding i've done.

Thus, this is where helpful testers like you guys come in. Please just let me know if you can play it and how the performance is like. The timer bar should reach the other side in roughly 5 seconds. If it's any slower, faster, please let me know. Also, specify what kind of system you're running: video card, ram, and processor speed in particular. Slow systems typically wont be able to run the game well (if not at all.)

Here it is:
http://uweb.ucsb.edu/~deanliu/Blocks/Blocks.zip

I'm not sure how many of you have played Lumines, but it's really straightforward to pick up. You're given a square block that is made up of 4 smaller square blocks of one or another color. You simply match the colors to create blocks in a Tetris like fashion. The sweeper/bar then scans over the board, and whatever it finds, it destroys.

Screenshot:

white text for debugging purposes.
indeedwrestling
I always support anyone who programs their own games. Good for you!
Liu
indeedwrestling wrote:
I always support anyone who programs their own games. Good for you!

Mind helping me test? Wink
driftingfe3s
Great program Liu! I'll help you test it out!
Liu
driftingfe3s wrote:
Great program Liu! I'll help you test it out!

You already did. Dancing