FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

getting rid of google's non profit ads

manumiglani
There are a lot of pages in the forum where google adsense ads fail to show related ads and show non profit ads instead. It does not look good atleast to me. so what about making a change in the adsense code in order to use any affiliate programs ads ( like www.cj.com ), or using frihost banner or any other page you want when the adsense code fails to show any ad.
mathiaus
I'm not 100% sure but I would've thought that would be against Googles TOS and may get Frihost banned Speak to the hand
manumiglani
mathiaus wrote:
I'm not 100% sure but I would've thought that would be against Googles TOS and may get Frihost banned Speak to the hand

Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy I just can not stop my laugh. It is not against google's tos. Google itself provides option for that while making adsense code in the adsense control panel.
babumuchhala
Well one can sasy that its a way of Bondings doing charity. Also generally PSA ads only appera in large quantity when the adsense code is changed a bit or played around a bit, while its crawlers try to acclamatoze themselves. So on a high volume site like frihost forums it would usually be no more than a few minutes.

@ mathius, one can display other ads in the Google Adsense code but then it should not compete with other google adblocks and blah blah. So if bondings wants he can put up a banner if he wants, or use a randomizing script (as i do) to show banners of my blog & forum respectively. Very Happy
n0obie4life
We do not intend to change our ad service provider at all.

We will stick with Google and Chitika.

We neither intend to change how the ads work now, we have spent a huge time on it.

-close-