FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adsense colour /Template colour

taxman
First : I posted this under "advertise your webpage". Feedback was very bad, actually none - and after looking over the catogories, i find that this group is more relevant, so therefore I repost (admins - feel free to take back whatever fri$ i get for this post, i'm after response, not "money")

So the question :
1. should I keep my template as it is, or should i change the colour of adsense so that it fit in to the heading/text.

2. Should I use a colour on the background/not used area outside? Or is white just fine.

So if you where a random visitor, would you've clicked the ad as it is now - or if not, what would you done different.

(Never mind the content, it's in norwegian - the page is not finished either, this is just the setting up/testing page) It is supposed to be simple, with content in focus (and ofcourse an adsense bar, just in case)

http://finansiering.skatt.frih.net/
LukeakaDanish
There are numerous changes you can make to improve your Click through ratio (how much money you get per click), however keep the background color - if this is the same as the background colour on the page you will get more cash. Also, if you have an image over your adverts, the ctr improves. The colour of the font also has a sigificance - search for adsense ctr on google and find guides to how you can improve this further.

As for getting your visitors to click the adverts the most important thing is having an accurate title and meta seciton of your page - guides to this can be found numerous places on the web - a good example is likely to be the w3c school...search google if you odnt know what i mean

Also, my links are in danish (i am in denmark)...im not shure if this is a desired effect - be sure to set the "lang" attribute of your html tag

Sincerely

Luke
taxman
What do you meen with "keep the background colour"? In the next sentence you say that the backgroundcolour should be the same as the page.

So was it your proposal that I change the white background in adsense to the grey one?

I know some adsense guru's say that it will pay of more if you "blend" the adsense into the text. Personally I wanted to highlight them a bit - I want people to click if interested, not because the do a mistake. It is my plan that the ads should "help" my visitors to relevant pages in the topic they've searched.
LukeakaDanish
taxman wrote:
What do you meen with "keep the background colour"? In the next sentence you say that the backgroundcolour should be the same as the page.

So was it your proposal that I change the white background in adsense to the grey one?

I know some adsense guru's say that it will pay of more if you "blend" the adsense into the text. Personally I wanted to highlight them a bit - I want people to click if interested, not because the do a mistake. It is my plan that the ads should "help" my visitors to relevant pages in the topic they've searched.

Ok...i was just trying to help...the "background colour" thing...their background appears to be the same as whats behind the ads, which is good!

I agree with you on the sticking out thing...the visitor shouldnt be "tricked" into clicking the link, and they wont...as far as i remember making the links green is good and making the titles navy improves CTR aswel. This should make it more clear that it is an advert aswel.

How you get your visitors to click the links, i dont really know, (appart from writing interesting content) however you can double or even quaruple your income by having a high CTR.

Luke