FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Graphics.

Nisk
Well, i came to a conclusion that i am a totaly crap graphic desighner.
Even though i have some matcho software, i cant make a cool graphic. Reason?
I dont know how to use the software i have.
So I decided to ask my dear friends on Frihost to help me with my problem.
( if still interested read further)
I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Studio 8.
I was trying to make a logo for my site (http://www.darksimulation.frih.net)
But my lack of knowledge stoped me so far.
So i am asking, no begging, People please help me!!!
If u know how to use Photoshop tell me, pleaase!!
Or in worst case scenario make a graphic for me....
Thanx

Dark_Simulation is close to reality....
Garnet
What are you having trouble with in particular?
shinyaishi
its better to draw a lot before using computer..u can make a cool design for sure. good luck
Sebaci
first look for some tutorials of the photoshop on the web Wink
Aimewitue
Sebaci wrote:
agreed
try the tutorials ont the world wide web,they are so useful
so looking around the programs,try the options,you will learn how to use it
good luck :)if you have question,ask me
Sebaci
When you spend a few minutes on learning with tutorials you can very easily make effects like mine:
bladeron
if you wanna learn photoshop, please check out good-tutorial.com, its a tutorial site with thousands of tutorials for adobe photoshop

and secondly you can go to pixel2life.com for your graphics need, they have tutorial for almost all the graphic softwares and also for webdesigning

check them out, i learnt photoshop and flash by doing tutorials on pixel2life
sceptileex
from my own experience, it is better to learn from these tutorials. NOt specifical tutorials, but just small tutorials for learning on how to make effects, and from then on slowly get used to the tools. After all, mastering photoshop is not about knowing how to make something according to a guide. Its is to be able to know what tools and when to use them when making a graphic that is important. goodtutorials is a good site.
dz9c
shinyaishi wrote:
its better to draw a lot before using computer..u can make a cool design for sure. good luck

Your very right. My gf draws wicked good in real life and draws just as good on the computer. I suck at drawing in real life, and suck at drawing on the computer. So yess drawing would be good if u start off with a pencil.
oneightwo
www.pixel2life.com

that's the best tutorial site you'll find. It has everything, although i would also just try out things on my own, because you wont learn if you don't experiment... Very Happy
anthonygerbils
nisk i told you i would make a logo and picture for you and also help you with flash and adobe but you wouldnt take it.
will you take my help now.
jayandsilo
Get fireworks if you're a noob, it is way more user-friendly.
Guyon
The best thing is learn to draw with paper first. Make sure you practice daily. Then work on painting. A bad coloring can mess up a great drawing. Never color of the same layer as you draw though.

Once you get you drawing skill down, forget the mouse and get a wacom tablet. Tablets really make a difference and the Wacom are pressure sensitive.

There are many good books and on-line tutorials too. So what I am saying is that it takes time and practice. you can't play a musical instrument soon as you pick it up with out practice, and same goes for drawing.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anthonygerbils
see he has fireworks but can someone put up tutorials for him for that if you know any.
WebSiteGuru
Sebaci wrote:

Where can I find some of those on the web. I myself having the same issue at graphics designs.
anthonygerbils
well here is one for photoshop
http://www.good-tutorials.com/tutorials/photoshop/web-layouts
jayandsilo
anthonygerbils wrote:
see he has fireworks but can someone put up tutorials for him for that if you know any.

I had a look at http://pixel2life.com like the other guy said, looks like the way to go.
d722002
i use mspaint. (dont laugh, people do pretty amazing things with it)
Guyon
@d722002 Like I was saying in my post, it is the artist more then the tool. An expert in MS paint would run rings around an amature with Photoshop.

Practice, draw every day, and you will see results. I am sure if you work at it you will even see an improvement with in 2 weeks.
anthonygerbils
yeah i suppose he would run rings around the amature as ms paint is class if you dont have 600 to fork out on photoshop as i used paint for years and it done no harm but after a while it didnt have what i wanted so i bought photoshop.

but paint is class
bassgs_17
I cannot draw at all, yet I can do decent graphics in fireworks... (hint: visit my site below to see what I mean)... Seriously, I can do alright in Fireworks, yet I cannot even draw a stick figure by hand... Sad, eh?
-Aquastrike
Bengt
Practise, Practise and again Practise does the trick.
Learn from tutorials, pick up idea's everywhere - and i mean everywhere - and yet again: Practise does the trick. Wink