FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chuck Palahniuk

cyph33r
I have just finished reading Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk and thought it was awesome. I have previously read Choke which was also excellent, and of course there was Fight Club. Really looking forward to starting Survivor now, hope it will be just as good. The writing style is great and the twists in the story really hit you.
Jayfarer
I've only seen Fight Club and read Survivor, as well as his highly circulated short-story, Guts.

I dont know if I like him that much. At first, it comes off as very different, but as I go on, it seems like he has a very limited writing style. It's like he always aims for the crude shock, and all his characters are weird position+mental illness+personality deficiency, like they were written using Mad Libs. Like, a kleptomaniac death-cult survivor that gets addicted to steroids. What? When all the characters are that "out there", it seems cartoonish and cheap.
hades9366
So far I've only read Diary and Survivor but of course I've seen Fight Club and Invisible monsters is sitting on my shelf. You've got to take Palahniuk for what he is. His books are a good read with a lot of twists and a plot that's a little off the wall. I think I was a little disappointed when I read Diary because I was expecting so much knowing he was the author of Fight Club. From what I've read I don't think his books are phenomenal but they are a good read.
ignitionnight
I have read all his Novels not including the two short story books and Fugitives and Refugees, which is non-fiction. Survivor is the best, and Lullaby is by far his worst.

I would order them like this:

Survivor
Fight Club
Invisible Monsters
Choke
Diary
Lullaby