FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DZ9C's FRIH$ Giveaways

dz9c
Instead of making a new thread everytime I want to give away FRIH$ for doing a simple task, I thought I would make this thread to save space. Now, the past two were won by thiam, they were relatively easy and he was quick enough to react and earn easy FRIH$! But now they wont as easy. I will try to make a new one at least 3 times a week. 3 chances a week to earn FRIH$ easily. AND if your total comes to more than 30 FRIH$ when you buy from my marketplace(link here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-33208.html), whenever you enter a giveaway and win, I will multiply your prize TWICE! Smile
HALL OF FAME
ROUND#--AMT. OF FRIH$--WINNER(S)
Round 1--20(to two people)--Thiamshui, aegir
Round 2--30(originally 10)--Thiamshui
Round 3--30(5 to runner ups)--benji2
Round 4--20--Assiez
END
Total Given Away So Far=
140 FRIH$

END
thiamshui
here it is, hope it looks ok..

dz9c
Hey that is really good, can anyone really come close to better than that?
Assiez
I'll give it a go.

When I'm done, I'll edit this post with my submission.

EDIT:

RaMo

i aint pro at photoshop.. lol dats what i got.. any help with how to extract like pro please?
dz9c
Im gonna cut the contest a little short. 3 Hours from now, it will end and the winner will be introduced! No matter who I choose as the winner, everyone is a runner up for at least something for trying Smile
benji2

there it is

can get rid of the text if u lyk but i thought the others were gud enuf anyway so had to try an beat em lol.
Assiez
RaMo wrote:
[im-g]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/lil_ramo/549173721_lcopy.jpg[/img]

i aint pro at photoshop.. lol dats what i got.. any help with how to extract like pro please?

Here were the steps I took to do mine. I used the GIMP

1) copy the orginal image onto another layer.
2) use the magic wand tool set to around 50 tolderance (5 pixel feather if you want) to select the black line and get ride of it. We'll get it back later, but for now we want a nice white border to help get the grass out.
3) take a medium eraser and just wipe the grass, get close to the cat.
4) go back to the orginal image, use around a 30 tolerance WITH a at least 5 pixel feather to select the black lines.
5) Drop the selected black lines back onto the cat image without the grass
6) clean up the final image with a blurred brush, get the angles and such right around the cat

all in all, it took me around 10 mins
dz9c
Well whatever you did it worked pretty well and to give ya a little spoiler, so far Im deciding between you (assiez) and benji...Both really good entries. If I dont get any entries in the next hour I will announce the winner earlier than 9 PM. An hour from now will be 8 for my time.
dz9c
I take it no one else wants to enter so I shall announce the winner of 30 FRIH$... It was actually pretty close as I said before, between assiez and benji. Out of those two, I put them both next to each other and it was tough. But in the end benji is our winner. Congrats benji! However assiez you did do very good but your colors were kinda faded and the outline a little cut off. You did really well nonetheless and I shall donate 10 to you. The rest of you did good as well, this was a good practice for yas and ya gets 5, better than nothing though! Check out the next contest and try again.
Assiez
haha, thanks.

Ironically, I faded the edges on purpose to remove the harsh edges that were hard on the eyes. That was why I used the 5 pixel feather and the blurred brush.

But anyways, looking forward to your next challenge
dz9c
New round up. I might start another one tomorow but its too late right now. Because this one is so easy that someone is going to get it sooner than April 14. But if not, there will be two rounds up at the same time. But for this time, there are no runner ups...One person gets the money if they are 100% right. So the sooner the better before someone else gets it.
RaMo
Quote:
Here were the steps I took to do mine. I used the GIMP

1) copy the orginal image onto another layer.
2) use the magic wand tool set to around 50 tolderance (5 pixel feather if you want) to select the black line and get ride of it. We'll get it back later, but for now we want a nice white border to help get the grass out.
3) take a medium eraser and just wipe the grass, get close to the cat.
4) go back to the orginal image, use around a 30 tolerance WITH a at least 5 pixel feather to select the black lines.
5) Drop the selected black lines back onto the cat image without the grass
6) clean up the final image with a blurred brush, get the angles and such right around the cat

all in all, it took me around 10 mins

thanx ima try it next time.
Assiez
haha easy, I have a bunch of Indian friends too Very Happy

1) Ganesha
2) a mouse
3) Ganesha is also known as the destroyer of vanity, egoism and pride.

SOURCE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha
benji2
wtg assiez. looks like your right Wink
dz9c
Hehe yes very good lol that was the exact website I got the info from. 20 FRIH$ for you Assiez! Next contest has to be a bit tougher because I need at least 150 FRIH$ or even better 200 at all times just in case etc etc. New contest is still under research and will most have something to do with photo editing again. But that could change...
dz9c
-CLOSE-MODERATOR-CLOSE-
RaMo
LOL @ Dz9c's Frihs !! haha bad luck man
Blaster
No he is just a kind person. Very Happy

Thanks for all of the frih man.