FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

This is my first Topic. It is about Literature.

WeAlreadyHaveACult
Is the Bible literature? Having a conversation with you, God, and my ego is a struggle. Having a conversation with you, Wallace Stevens, and my ego is a struggle. I manage to communciate with you with eyes, less with words.

You write something that IS more hidden, or more general. You write poetry. Mine is very personal and it reveals personal facts. Yours has moods like "hopeful" and "terrifying"...

I'm not exactly sure. Is this sinister? Is anything sinister? Is everything sinister? OH, it doesn't matter!!

Everything does not have to be a dichotomy. Duh.

I can believe everything, but I can't.
Ljsk
Exactly!

Srlsy though, what?
Nikkori
That's why your username is WeAlreadyHaveACult?
Yes, I think the Bible is some kind of a literature; a story that tells the origin of the world, the latter's past, present, and future. Anyway, why is your username WeAlreadyHaveACult?
jyrevi
I couldn't agree more. I also believe that the bible is some sort of literary piece, but what I don't understand is why only a few people read it. I mean, come on! But I don't blame those who weren't introduced to the bible, or those who doesn't preach what the bible says. I still give them respect.
Shewolf
jyrevi wrote:
I couldn't agree more. I also believe that the bible is some sort of literary piece, but what I don't understand is why only a few people read it. I mean, come on! But I don't blame those who weren't introduced to the bible, or those who doesn't preach what the bible says. I still give them respect.

The last time I checked damn many people read the bible, not neseserally the whole in the same time. But some of it now and then.
The bible is litrature, great fantasy litrature, and is probably a well written piece of litrature as well (I admit, I've not read too much in "my" Bible). and for those who want to believe, believe!
Dean_The_Great
Sure the bible is literature. There's certainly no denying it. It's the value that a lot of our species place on this book that makes it special.

As for me? I wonder how much of it is fiction. Excellent metaphorical and philosophical fiction, but still fiction. Who knows? Maybe a lot of it is real. It is fact that the events in the New Testament did happen, but hey, they're called "The Gospel according to *insert name of Apostle here*" and we all know people who exaggerate stories, eh?

If I offend anyone by this post.... I'm okay with that.