FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Magic!

thiamshui
I wish to share this with all of you here.. You may want to have a calculator with u..

1) Think of any single digit number. Add 14 to it.
2) Examine your result in (1).. Add the both digits in your result together..
3) Multiply your result in (2) by 27
4) Add 81 to your result in (3).
5) Divide your result in (4) by 3.
6) Now, examine your result in (5). Add all the digits in your result together. What did you get? Let me do some mind-reading into the future.. The result you got is 9!!!
(note: if you get a two digit result here, add both digits in your result together.. you will get a 9!!)

Example:
1) Think of a single digit number, let's say, 5. So, 5+14=19
2) The result is 19, so, 1+9=10
3) The result is 10, so, 10x27=270
4) The result is 270, so, 270+81=351
5) The result is 351, so, 351/3= 117
Now, add all the digits together, so, 1+1+7=9!!

Anyone can decipher the magic? Very Happy I will reply here again if nobody can decipher it.. Laughing

Not enough magic? Check out this crystal ball game: http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/mindreader.htm
(you must concentrate in the crystal ball.. and it will read your mind!)
Helios
Wouldn't say it's a 'magic trick', but it's cute anyway.
I remember that we always shared these kind of tricks back in school Smile

The 'mind reader' is also cute.
Nice little thingy to show to your kids Razz
seanooi
i used to know a trick where u can get the number the person started with, but unfortunately i forgot how.
But anyway, nice trick there. Laughing
carlokes
Humm....magic...
Before i entered in the thread i thought you wwere talking about wikan magic and stuff like that (with no disrepect whatsoever).

It came out to be an illusinism trick but a funny and interesting one Razz
I used to know a lot of this tricks when i was a kid and loved illusinism but nowadays i can hardly remenber a single trick Razz
TurkishGamer
Although my thoughts might not be clear:

I think that maybe adding the digits of a number and getting 9 is a way to get that a number is divisible by 27 or some other number used in this problem.

I am probably mistaken.
Blaster
It is more about numbers. I belive this is what calculis is about. Its not really having someone disapere or picking your card. It is a number game. Still pretty cool though. Interesting idea for sure.
Traveller
Blaster wrote:
It is more about numbers. I belive this is what calculis is about. Its not really having someone disapere or picking your card. It is a number game. Still pretty cool though. Interesting idea for sure.

Then again, many tricks for having someone pick your card are mathematically based. In magic acts, it's called "forcing" the card. the magician really forces the person to pick a particular card. Of course, there are more sophisticated tricks, as well, but the same kind of math used for these numeric tricks is where a lot of card tricks get started.

OBTW, it's probably more algebra than calculus, actually.
soulman
that's not magic, just funny~~
thiamshui
thiamshui wrote:
1) Think of any single digit number. Add 14 to it.
2) Examine your result in (1).. Add the both digits in your result together..
3) Multiply your result in (2) by 27
4) Add 81 to your result in (3).
5) Divide your result in (4) by 3.
6) Now, examine your result in (5). Add all the digits in your result together. What did you get? Let me do some mind-reading into the future.. The result you got is 9!!!
(note: if you get a two digit result here, add both digits in your result together.. you will get a 9!!)

Example:
1) Think of a single digit number, let's say, 5. So, 5+14=19
2) The result is 19, so, 1+9=10
3) The result is 10, so, 10x27=270
4) The result is 270, so, 270+81=351
5) The result is 351, so, 351/3= 117
Now, add all the digits together, so, 1+1+7=9!!

The key to why the long chain of number manipulation works is simply just: The digits in any multiple of 9 will add up to 9. Yea, it's a trick, not magic.. Very Happy

Examples
a) 199 x 9 = 1791
(1+7+9+1=18, 1+8=9)

b) 9 x 9 = 81
(8+1=9)

c) 8888 x 9 = 79992
(7+9+9+9+2=36, 3+6=9)

Why work through so many number manipulations (+,-,*,/)? This is to confuse the person who is doing it. Smile

As for the crystal ball, it's also maths..