FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Less posts per page

madsencarl
Change the 30 posts per page down to, say, 20? It's just easier than having to scroll so much, especially with the tiny scrollbar.
Would also decrease loading times.
Nameless
I actually prefer it with a large number of posts per page. Having to click on the next page over and over for popular topics gets very annoying.
babumuchhala
No reduction in posts per page please.

The current number of 30 posts/page is sufficient Very Happy

Bcos any reduction will lead to un-necessary Page clicks & more posts will pinch the dial up or slow connection users
snowboardalliance
I hate the next page button when there are like more than 3 pages. Let's just keep it how it is
ocalhoun
Why not more pages per thread?
It's just personal preference really, too bad it can't be user definable.
The Philosopher Princess
I would not mind having more posts per page. I would not mind even more having the choice of number of posts per page, rather than a constant number -- something similar to Google, eBay, etc. giving their users the choice of the number of items (e.g., hits, feedback, etc.) per page.

I admit that there might be some negative ramifications of this added complexity, of which I'm not aware. It's obviously an extra level of coding difficulty, and yet it's somewhat like the Frihost Search option giving us a choice of how many characters of found posts the search engine displays. This extra feature would give all of us here what we want (on this issue). Smile
manumiglani
madsencarl wrote:
Change the 30 posts per page down to, say, 20? It's just easier than having to scroll so much, especially with the tiny scrollbar.

Yeah, I agree there should be less posts per page. It takes half of a lifetime to scroll down and down.
Scorpio
I think this is just sufficient..

There is no need to increase/decrease the no. of posts per page..

this is quite comfortable..
Blaster
I agree with you. It is perfect as is. Then there is no need to keep htting the next page thing. It is annoying when you have like 100 replies and only 20 on each page. That comes out to 4 pages. yes that isn't many but what about 460 replies? That comes out to 19 pages. It is good as is.
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:
I agree with you. It is perfect as is. Then there is no need to keep htting the next page thing. It is annoying when you have like 100 replies and only 20 on each page. That comes out to 4 pages. yes that isn't many but what about 460 replies? That comes out to 19 pages. It is good as is.

err....kinda thought that setting was user definable (sp??) in your general settings right from the start, or even later on.
n0obie4life
Vrythramax wrote:
Blaster wrote:

err....kinda thought that setting was user definable (sp??) in your general settings right from the start, or even later on.

No. It was never user definable (the posts pr page)
alkady
I prefer larger amounts per page, I dont like having to go to page 2 then 3 and 4 and so on, It get very tirering and a waste of time.
TeenZine
madsencarl wrote:

True true it realy makes since even though i dont care i got cable dsl !
n0obie4life
After all this talk, we didn't get anywhere yet. The amount of posts per page won't change (it's SEO Smile).

-close-