FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

J-rock

devinkye00
I love japanese rock ^_^ Bands such as D'espairsray, Gackt, Merry, Dir en grey, L`arc~en~ciel, Kimeru, Nami tamaki, Ayumi hamasaki, HYDE, Kinki kids, and soooo much more. Most people hate this kind of music because they can't understand what their saying. But to me, you dont have to know what their saying to enjoy the music ^_^
chi-zu
haha Very Happy lol I agree ^^ all of my friends ask me how I can listen to that xD
But isn't ayumi hamasaki j-pop? O__o
Master-
Ayumi and Tamaki Nami is Jpop, not Jrock.

Btw is the best Jrock band Asian Kung-fu Generation!
Hanpusu-kun
L'arc~en~Ciel is jsut wonderful <3

And when we even slipped on the category "J-pop" I must say that EVERYBODY should have listended to Utada Hikaru once.
Wonderful voice <3
dandan
Utada Hikaru...x_x

anyway my favourite j-rok band is uverWORLD.

like i dunt listen to any j music except uverWORLD...

puhahahhaha
Sirpale
Yes, Utada Hikaru have so fabolous voice. Its nice listen that, its so smooth voice Wink

But I listen Gackt more than Utada Hikarus music. I love Gacktos music, becouse he have so incredible voice, so strong but gentle. I his songs are nice too, they have very nice melodies, but unfortunately I dont understand what they are saying, but I really dont care it so much Very Happy Japanese its very beautiful language, and I'm glad that I ever came up against J-music. Smile
Chalchihuitlicue
I love jrock! I'm more fond of the visual kei stuff (I like a lot of spectacle with my music, thank you very much), and the stuff that leans more toward digital sounds... I really like Gackt and Malice Mizer. I also adore D, D'espairsRay, Lareine and Moi dix Mois. I'm also getting fond of some more obscure stuff, like Aioria. For more digital sounding stuff, I love Schwarz Stein, Kaya, Hora, Velvet Eden, Aural Vampire and D'air. amaterase isn't bad either.

Other bands and musicians I think are worth mentioning/listening to: 12012, alice nine, Antic Cafe, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Aucifer/Lucifer, Ayabie, Blam Honey, Blood, CaliGari, Clover, Dacco, Daishi, Dir en grey, Eve of Destiny, Exist+Trace, Fiction, Flow (though they might be more pop?), HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, HIZAKI grace project, Iceman, J, Juka, Kagerou, Karimero, Kimeru, Klaha, Kozi, Luna Sea, Miyavi, New Sodmy, Orange Range, Penicillin, Phantasmagoria, Phobia, PIERROT, Pride of Mind, Psycho le Cému, Rentrer en Soi, Schwardix Marvally, Soft Ballet, Super Egg Machine, Unsraw, UVERworld, Vidoll, and X Japan.

Right now, my absolute favorites are Malice Mizer, Schwarz Stein, Psycho le Cému, and D, even though D is the only group that hasn't disbanded. I rather like where Moi dix Mois seems to be heading (a more digital feel with the heavy gothic sound), so they might be up there among my favorites in the future.

I am excited - I should get to see HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR live at a convention in less than two weeks!
JinTenshi
Utada Hikaru ain't J-Rock neither is it? Well, I like UVERworld, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR and Orange Range. I suppose they are J-Rock. =/ And UVERworld definitely sounds damn nice. Especially songs like Colors of the Heart, D-Tecnolife, =, Discord, Nagare Kuukyo THIS WORD, and so on.
froginabox
My friend Teresa is WAY into J-rock and the more metal bands too... she got me hooked on Dir En Grey. Especially some of their unedited music videos, those are absolutely mindblowing!!
Chalchihuitlicue
I've noticed that a lot of people get into Dir en grey when they first get into Jrock, but really, there's a lot better stuff out there. I like Dir en grey's older stuff... I don't care much for anything after their Macabre cd.

Give me Kagerou over Dir en grey any day.

ETA: Just a minor thing that bothers me... "Dir en grey" should always be capitalized like that - with the "en grey" all in lower case. That's how it's written on their albums.
froginabox
Teresa says the same thing, that their older stuff is way better.

And thanks for the note on the capitalization, I've never seen their album stuff written anywhere but YouTube. Smile
Seiji
Master- wrote:
Ayumi and Tamaki Nami is Jpop, not Jrock.

Btw is the best Jrock band Asian Kung-fu Generation!

Asian Kung-Fu Generation is good. I guess I like them since they aren't visual kei.
Chalchihuitlicue
Asian Kung-Fu Generation is pretty good. I really like "Mugen Glider", "Rashiban" and "Haruka Kanata". "Denpatou" is pretty good, too.

I love their name, though! Laughing
jasmine
L'arc~en~Ciel is awesome!

Come to think of it, I first heard them from their Samurai X stint. XD
Jaan
Does Tomoyasu Hotei count? He's awesome.
chastise
I love Dir en Grey, Gazetter, Alice Nine, Lovely-Mokochang, 176Biz, Catheline, Deflina Ma'riage, and some others. I'm far too lazy to type it all.
JinTenshi
Oh yea, Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Rewrite is damn nice for my ears. =D Though it does take some time getting used to their voices. xD I've never heard of a single song from Dir en grey. Did they sing any songs for any anime? Cause I mainly get hooked on to singers that's not really mainstream. ( Am I making sense here? )
Chalchihuitlicue
I think the Dir en grey song "Clever Sleazoid" was used for some anime or another, but I'm not sure offhand. That's the only one I've ever heard of in relation to anime, anyway.
fervent
I like a few Dir en grey songs, L`arc~en~ciel and so forth.
I really don't like Ayumi, she was pretty before she had surgery, but she got it anyways..tsk tsk.
But, some of her songs are catchy.
I prefer Ellegarden, Aural Vampire, Hyde, Gazette, Antic Cafe, Teriyaki boys? O:
I have a rather long list, but...I don't feel like typing them out right now.
Chelissamow
Nami Tamaki, Ayumi hamasaki, and Kinki kids aren't really JRock. They're more JPop.

I like Art-School, Radwimps, Siam Shade, Ellegarden, Janna da Arc, UVERworld, Base Ball Bear, Bump of Chicken, and a bunch of other bands. I also like the TRAX but they're actually Korean. However, they do sometimes sing in Japanese.
chastise
devinkye00 wrote:
I love japanese rock ^_^ Bands such as D'espairsray, Gackt, Merry, Dir en grey, L`arc~en~ciel, Kimeru, Nami tamaki, Ayumi hamasaki, HYDE, Kinki kids, and soooo much more. Most people hate this kind of music because they can't understand what their saying. But to me, you dont have to know what their saying to enjoy the music ^_^

They're artists, not bands. The genre they categorize themselves in is called J-Pop. Otherwise known as Japanese Popular Music.
SoundDoctrine
I love both J-Rock and J-Pop.
My favorite J-Rock artists are Miyavi and L'Arc~En~Ciel. I feel like I can listen to their songs a million times without them getting old! ^_^
Sipe
I love to j-rock! My favourites are Gackt, Merry and MUCC. And Pierrot is good too Wink But my all time fave is Gackt. Smile His voice is just so incredible, gentle with much of power. Oh god, I just love it! Very Happy

The best songs of Gackt is Mizerable, Secret Garden, Doomsday, Redemption, Luna, Returner, Cube... The list goes on an' on. Very Happy