FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RTCW:Enemy Territory OpenGL Issue

smartbei
Every so often (and it is getting more and more often) when I open Enemy Territory I get the following error in the ET Console (the window that always comes up and disappears quickly when you start ET):
Quote:
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Once I reinstalled the graphics driver, and that seemed to help, but right now the driver is the same one it was a week ago, and it wasn't a problem then. If I restart the computer there is a roughly 50% chance that the problem will go away, until of course the computer is either restarted again or is turned off. Any ideas of why this is happening or how to stop it?
Bones
Try downloading and installing the latest version of DirectX (9.0c) from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx . Also I would make sure that you have the latest patch for your game installed as well.

The fact that the driver is the same as the one last week means nothing. Drivers get corrupted or twisted somehow and need to be reinstalled from time to time.

A quick google search turrned up that this is by far not the only pc having this probelm with that game though, so if it continues after reinstalling the vid driver and directX, then I would recommend having a look through the forums for RtCW since it seems to be a semi-common issue for that game.
Donutey
completely uninstall then reinstall the game...

remember to save your saves if you want them.
Akselus
what graphic card do you have ? (ati or nvidia)