FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MacGyver, Going back to the 70s

Whong
What's your opinion of the TV series MacGyver that was filmed for 7 seasons Question

I've loved the series, it was a great TV series, and all the actors were just great, Richard Dean Andersson, Dana Elcar, Michael Des Barres, Bruce McGill etc. A fantastic series, but of with me, what do you say? Good or Bad?

Your opinions please! Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Wink
rip8fan1
I never watched the show, when it first aired.

Catching up on it through the season DVDs. Not much into it at this point, and not sure how 'factual' it is, with the things he makes out of ordinary everyday items!
Shewolf
I think I've watched each episode at lest twice. And I'm going to watch an episode within three hours:) So, yes, I do like MacGyver
Shewolf
I think I've watched each episode at lest twice. And I'm going to watch an episode within three hours:) So, yes, I do like MacGyver Very Happy
macfly
I like MacGyver. It's a good show. I also love the music. He's the hero making it happen with nothing. No one can beat him. Perhaps Tom Cruise in Mission impossible 3 ?
Mumpay
nah, cruise has got nothing on the hilarity of situations MacGyver gets himself in to! Laughing

There's a new mastercard commercial with MacGyver, omg so funny! see it here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5340902491202374013
tsukiyuuki
Huge MacGyver fan here! *waves* Actualy, I'm a huge Richard Dean Anderson fan in general... he's an excellent actor, plus he isn't too shabby in the looks department. Very Happy

The best thing about when Macgyver makes something, is that it's generally something that's actually possible. Plus he's just hilarious. Yay for mullets!
wsco
MacGyver Very Happy Very Happy
wow
i loved this series very much
i saw it when i was young
UVPMedia
Ahhh ... what a show. It went on for a pretty long time, too. Seven seasons, I think. I think the original premise was to create a action hero that wasn't super violent (or at least didn't use guns). Which, if you think about it, is a pretty novel idea at the time (mid 80s - don't get me wrong there were some awesome shows and movies during that decade. But this one was pretty unique in that it's pretty household a name. I think "Macgyver" is even a verb now.)
Whong
I think that it is a really great show! I like especially those episodes where Michael Des Barres is acting as Murdoc! Those are once of the best episodes, like "The Widow Maker", "Haloween Knights", "Strictly Business" and "Obsessed"

Those are my favourite episodes where Murdoc is too! Wink

The cast were great, all of them were perfect! MacGyver is one of the best shows I've ever seen! Cool Idea Exclamation
Ally
hey !!! the 70's ???? The first diffusion of Mac Gyver was in ... 1985. So, the 80's, but not the 70's !!!

Mac, I love you !!!
kazza
I know a family friend whose name was Macgyver. And he's chinese :S. How weird is that!

I used to watch it when I was tiny. He's pretty creative in how he solves a problem. Michael from Prison Break and Jack from 24 are a bit similar to him when they solve a problem. I've seen Michael use some of the methods macgyver does.

Macgyver's the original!
zebrabongo
My childhood hero, and still is.
MacGyver wrote:
If I had some duct tape, I could fix that.

Pete Thornton wrote:
His name is MacGyver. He can fix anything. He could fix a computer with a hairpin and a piece of duct tape.

I even found some TV movies they made after the series

MacGyver: Lost Treasure of Atlantis http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110419/
MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110420/

But what about this one?
Young MacGyver http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0352117/

You can't make MacGyver without Mr Anderson!
Anyone seen it?
Whong
Ally wrote:
hey !!! the 70's ???? The first diffusion of Mac Gyver was in ... 1985. So, the 80's, but not the 70's !!!

Mac, I love you !!!

Really? I always thought that MacGyver was filmed during the 70s, O well, anyway its a really great series! Wink Idea
SilverDogg
used to watch it all the time when i was a kid, and nowadays i watch it when i catch it on the tv. its kickass =D

watched that commercial, and damn, he has gotten a bit tubby =/
Whong
SilverDogg wrote:
used to watch it all the time when i was a kid, and nowadays i watch it when i catch it on the tv. its kickass =D

watched that commercial, and damn, he has gotten a bit tubby =/

Yeah and quite old too, his hair is shorter, way shorter!
Busmika
I lOVED that show...

can someone please tell me his first name